Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ArmZ posted:

lol if you don't automatically think "tossed salad and scrambled eggs" when you hear the word frasier

quite stylish :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

food court bailiff posted:

Kelsey Grammar had raging problems with alcoholism while recording several seasons of this show.

And coke

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgU9B07vaeU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
While the twilight bathed the hedgerows like a lambent flame

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kelp Me! posted:

ah crap now I need to have an IMDB window open every time I watch Frasier (the channel that shows it here does the "squeeze the credits all tiny and speed em up so we can plug the next show in the main part of the screen" thing)

I always love this, why should we respect the people who worked hard on this show by leaving their names readable?

:capitalism:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kelp Me! posted:

I like that episode of the Simpsons where Sideshow Bob's brother shows up and it's David Hyde Pierce basically doing Niles

There are at least two explicit Frasier references that I can think of off the top of my head in there, aside from the general snooty banter between them the whole episode

There's also an episode of 30 Rock where Kelsey Grammar helps set up an elaborate con job that involves fake cakes for the Frasier Reunion Party, worth watching in general but specifically to hear him angrily threaten to throw some tossed salad and scrambled eggs at someone

They were going to have a woman in Cecil's apartment who didn't speak, the NBC people wouldn't allow it because Kelsey + David means that woman is Maris, who is purposefully never shown and is eventually described as an impossible caricature of a human

They also caught major poo poo from Fox for the "Frasier is a hit show on the NBC television network" title card- "please do not advertise successful shows from competing networks, thanks"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

food court bailiff posted:

At what point does the Fras' get a haircut and stop looking like a homeless former symphony conductor? I want to throw on the show while I'm working on some stuff but I don't want to have nightmares about how bad that hair was later

If I catch a rerun this is usually the litmus test to whether I keep watching, if he has the hair it's an early episode and not as good as the middle ones- I want to say S6 is the best?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Scrubs is not funny

Bogus Adventure posted:

Looking for someone to Roz your peg-hole?

roz my neg rear end

social vegan posted:

i don't get frasier cool 2 old guys pretend to be gay? and talk about lotions and tiddlywinks cool yeah awesome let me watch this old man sit down and call over his dog super sweet here's a joke about ascots and jiminey cricket haha ur slaying

it sounds like you DO get Frasier actually

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ProfessorMurder posted:

Maris with Crossbow: S11 E8 "Murder Most Maris"

That one has the best running gag. Frasier at peak Frasier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mslvnEatcxE&t=45s

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

abscond

ab·scond
əbˈskänd/
verb
to leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to avoid detection of or arrest for an unlawful action such as theft.

synonyms:
run away, escape, bolt, flee, make off, take flight, take off, decamp

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
His wife was a shrew, everyone can relate to that!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Tumble posted:

lol and that's not even talking about the sweet sweet residual money the actors get every time an episode plays somewhere

Rolling in that sweet sweet Pirate Bay cash

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kelp Me! posted:

When I was a kid I wondered why Frasier and Niles were Americans but spoke with British accents :v:

That's the mid-Atlantic accent :eng101:

So yes, essentially Americans trying to talk like hoity toity brits

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kelp Me! posted:

Bar Rescue on as background TV noise
:stonk:

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of all of them
Even the one with the bar owner who murdered one of his patrons (it might have been a musical guest performer)? It aired once by accident, I was able to find it later, though. After seeing it I was not at all surprised that he killed someone. It made the false turning over a new leaf thing he does at the end seem even more hosed up. :stare:

Kelp Me! posted:

Frasier is a much more pleasant choice

Frasier is almost soothing by comparison. No loving around with a stupid opening theme song. Just a little music sting over the Seattle skyline. Kelsey Grammer does have a great voice so there's that. I don't think I could listen to Taffer talk without seeing what he's gesticulating to. "THIS IS A DISGRACE!!!" What's a disgrace?? "THAT'S SOMEBODY'S DAUGHTER" Who?? :confused:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Apparently taping would go relatively quickly (one 3-hour sitting of one live audience compared to two 5-hour tapings with two audiences for one episode of Friends :stonk:) and it really is like a play in how it's written and acted. The Frasier apartment is a masterwork in set and stage design. There are 'smarter' shows on now but as far as network television goes everything about Frasier was a class act, and that was really uncommon at that point.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Apologies if this has been posted already, but this is required viewing for the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSK1UeD9nvE

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Maybe one's his personal/shrink line, the other is for the apartment so Daphne or Martin can be on while he's talking to a patient? (but I just realized he's not doing private practice almost at all during the show)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I like the one where niles sinks it from half court

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Bangin titties

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Police Automaton posted:

this is great, this is great

S06E01, Good Grief, my second favourite episode :3:

the one right after is my favourite- Frasier's Curse, for having both the dramatic irony that defines the show as well as some of Frasiers best rants/breakdowns

TABLE 97. SINGING "GOODBYE MY CONEY ISLAND BABY", WITH THE CHECKMATES

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
A truly brilliant piece of set design

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
For every 'Rachel' haircut there must be an Elaine, to balance out the universe. Even at the time I thought it was a bad look, glad she changed it eventually

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
A noticeable change after he switches out the weird frog thing for a real Chihuli

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
This is pretty ill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgU9B07vaeU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I think whatever gap in how much Frasier would realistically make and how opulent his 3.5 bath apartment is was explained away by him having some kind of side investment portfolio

He does very little private practice during the run of the show, whenever we see him doing it he's explicitly returning to it after an absence

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Riptor posted:

I oughta throw toss salad and scrambled eggs in your face

Mercy!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ChiralCondensate posted:

he's a good actor--isn't it so amazing that some good actors are lovely people in real life

I'm always disappointed that Kelsey Grammer IRL isn't a mirror image of Frasier

For a man who was paid hundreds of millions of dollars he sure dresses like a hobo in his own life

And a Dodge Viper is like the most un-Frasier like car ever

Minimalist Program posted:

For those wondering this was the best episode of the entire season.

Better than The Two Mrs. Cranes? Maybe. (I think they're both S4)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Frasier in an E65, this would be S10 or 11 most likely

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Wow, perfect username/post combo

:yikes:

I can't watch that, too cringey

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MruEgjRvyv0

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Cigare volant : flying cigar : flying saucer

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
You and I have to broaden FAGGY CLAUSE's horizons; show him the world he's only read about.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Only $28 for this "ironic" Frasier logo tee https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/frasier-logo-tee

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Did you hear that Frazier, we can go tubin'!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the Carlos & the Chicken ep is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJfHc6TL8p0

also,

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Roz my neg rear end.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Frasier transcripts: http://www.kacl780.net/frasier/transcripts/

I would read these at my old job where I couldn't use my office computer to communicate with other people, watch videos or look at pictures

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The actors who play Gil, Bulldog, Martin and Niles are all gay irl but so far as I know none were 'out' at any point of the show's run

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

I also learned that Martin's actor played a bit part on Cheers like a decade before Fraser started that was totally unrelated to the Cranes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO1AKAKGCvk

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I want to gently caress, and then shoot my hot cum all over, Roz's titties.

Thanks for reading.

Ideal username post combo, also: :yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zwvLW0hTyY

I lose my poo poo at "cure for cancer"