Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Solice Kirsk posted:

If he's like any other child star that progress into adult fame then I'm sure it was all stolen by his parents and agent.

Also he probably got molested somewhere along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Maris is totally serial killer material.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kelp Me! posted:

different episode

Was that an accurate Klingon Bar Mitzvah?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

mojo1701a posted:

Yeah, the humour itself was "How do WASPs pretend they're Jewish?" like when Niles keeps saying, "L'Chaim! Mazel tov!"

I'd guess the episode is meant to be fall-down hilarious if you're Jewish. Like how the Australian national pastime is laughing at gullible foreigners believing the most ridiculous things about Australia.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's always fun when Bulldog is genuinely nice, like when Frederick is around.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It seems like Frasier's usually the more reasonable one, but gets irrational and hilarious when fired up, while Niles is prissy to the point of deep eccentricity but is better at keeping a cool head, all things considered. (though when he snaps he really snaps)

Just watcher the episode where Frasier's desperately trying not to sleep with Lillith again, and Niles ends up in bed with her. And also the ski lodge one. Some real gold there. Also the Greek wedding.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

One can only imagine who will play Maris.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I am thinking of writing several scripts for a podcast "Frasier Crane travels the multiverse". Will let know if pans out

This is turning into the Bill and Ted cartoon

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Roz is too good for those weirdos.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It doesn't help that Bebe is goddamn amazing. She is terrifying, irritating, and everyone secretly wishes they had a Bebe backing them up.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

I always wanted to know if Niles and Frasier's mom was a pompous wuss like that her boys or if she was just a cute, fun lady that loved Martin and her sons, bless their heart, just came out as total knobs independently.

From all indication she was somewhere in between. There's an episode where they all lament that she was pretty much the only person who'd get along equally well with Martin and the boys.

Although, while they'd never say it, her parenting wasn't exactly perfect.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That also came up during the Sherry arc, which had an interesting resolution; she drives the brothers crazy, but they have to admit she's never anything but nice to them, it's just her idea of nice is what annoys them all to hell, and Frasier's even supportive of the relationship in the end. (right when it ends, of course)

Not the worst theme that very different people can still get along and be friends, but it requires understanding and active effort from everyone involved.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Not a Children posted:

The episode where Frasier has been dating that famous lawyer and basically becomes a starfucker is really weird

The bit where Frasier is left in the room with all the trophy wives.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'd play it

I'd play the gently caress out of it

We need more dinner party card games

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Remember when Niles hosed Lillith

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Maris

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think you mean The Crane Boys Mysteries

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There are eps where Frasier has investments going on on the side, and he has been a practicing psychiatrist for years.

Kinda funny though given I'm up to where Niles' divorce is getting official and he has to move into a (still pretty nice) cheap apartment and it freaks him out.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Frasier was almost certainly the best at making rich motherfuckers feel better about themselves, with zero self awareness.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Niles would fit right in around here.

"I hate dealing with lawyers... but they make wonderful patients. They always have excellent insurance and they never get better."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pretty sure at some point people went to Crane parties just to see what would go hilariously wrong this time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Roz and Frasier wouldn't work. Frasier is most comfortable with someone he can be insufferably snobby with together.

Then again, I didn't watch Cheers, so I've no idea what his married life was like. Though it makes it a bit more funny about him still being steamed over the woman who left him at the altar, and getting back together to Lillith briefly that was a very bad idea.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There are a few points where Frasier and Niles have a friendly pissing contest over whose marriage is/was the more miserable.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Frasier speaks great Klingon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

revolther posted:

Frasier is golden era daffy duck with the twist of he's rich so it's punching up.

Does that make Martin the Bugs Bunny?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

drat, you're right.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I saw the episode where the blonde woman from Cheers shows up and causes mild PTSD in Frasier from when she apparently left him at the altar, but I never saw the original episode with that or the context leading up to it, what happened there?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Huh. Where's his relationship with Lillith fit into this timeline?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Remember when Dr Cox was Niles' old high school bully? And then a jarringly chill plumber.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Solice Kirsk posted:

Duke gave Marty his own sign instead of keeping it himself. The owner of the bar that went out of business gave a patron it's sign. Marty may have a drinking problem.

Like father, like son?

Hell, nearly every time Frasier comes home he starts filling that wine glass.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Remember the Irish drag queen?

I felt happy for that dress finding a loving owner.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That was when Frasier dreamed sitting down in his studio with Niles grinning at him through the window, and then his chair exploded.

Niles seemed to fill in for Frasier a few times during the show, I recall, and it wasn't a big deal after the first time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Niles used to crawl under a piano when anxious. Thought of GBS.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Is it just me or is the lakeside house Niles got in the divorce a variant of the same set as the ski lodge with all the romantic shenanigans?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

IIRC, Niles is very deliberately intended to be pre-Cheers Frasier, very similar but having developed in a different way due to running with a different crowd.

There's some interesting things going on with the brothers, they're basically each others' best friends, and get along very well because they have so much in common, but they struggle with cooperating on any complex task because of both their quirks and their passionate differing opinions on petty things. And both of them are mentioned a few times to take after their mother, and neither got along so well with Martin (probably long and odd detective hours not helping there), kind of the point of the show is that they're really getting to know each other all over again after years of minimal contact.

And on Frasier being one of the only sitcom protagonists who could actually feasibly afford his apartment, I remember reading an article about real estate agents trying to estimate how much Frasier's apartment would cost, with real-life examples of very similar apartments to compare to.

While we're on recycled sets; was Niles' apartment when he moved out (not the Shangri-La one) a recycled set? It's one of the more elaborate ones.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A lot of TV characters have pretty unrealistically big houses. (partly a necessity, given how hard it'd be for camera angles and such in small rooms) Niles' place was specifically a historic building with some downsides (no modern air conditioning, iirc) and he ended up moving out into a cheaper place when the divorce went sour.

The Simpsons are a funny case given the house never has the same layout twice (though there's some loose common themes to it) and is even pointed out in show as way more than Homer should be able to afford, but also often cheap, filthy and falling apart. (though again, Homer being both cheap and lazy with maintenance probably doesn't help)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Don't they occasionally have Frasier visit the apartments of his upstairs and downstairs neighbours, which logically follow the same floorplan?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Makes me think the apartment equivalent of a McMansion.

Kinda funny given Frasier's apparently a pretty good chef.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

On drunken thought; are Frasier and Niles basically Mario and Luigi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Applewhite posted:

(Only it's not which ones you think!)

I dunno, Frasier is the more well-rounded, active and physical one (he is, indeed, a teamster compared to Niles) while Niles and Luigi share hilariously snobby tastes, endearing cowardice and being a lot more dangerous than they really think they are.

It seems like Frasier tends to be more adaptable to dealing with things outside his comfort zone, but totally flies off the handle more easily, while Niles is neurotic and easily rattled but tends to remain a lot more calm when weird/stressful poo poo is going on.