Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Vakal posted:

I wonder what ever happened to Bulldog on the show?

He was in pretty much every episode for a few season then just disappeared with no explanation that I can remember.

I think he still showed up but like season 6 onwards they were hardly ever in the studio so I guess there wasn't much for him to do. Like even Roz showed up less for a little bit iirc but she at least had stuff to do outside the studio whereas nobody actually hung out with Bulldog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

"sherry, Niles?"
"I'm gay"
*pours sherry*

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Tumble posted:

oh and his dad always tries to empathize with the really bad dudes and sometimes ends up getting super connected to obvious scumbags.

Fraiser: "Freddy. Look at this man, don't you think he's obviously hurting both inside, and out? Why do you think he's acting out so violently? He wants to feel comforted."
Freddy: "Dad he is suspected to have sexually assaulted numerous women and it seems like it's going to be open and shut."
Fraiser: "Don't deny this man a last act of dignity before he goes into the system that will break him even more. Even a simple act of giving him some coffee could make a world of difference in his treatment."
Freddy: "I don't know..."
Frasier: "I promise you, give this man some coffee and he'll remember this moment later on. It will be a turning point."

*The suspected rapist immediately throws the coffee at Freddy, scalding him.*

Frasier: Prank'd, failson

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hey baby I hear the poops a-callin'
Unwashed salad and tainted eggs

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

A gritty fantasy tale where Frasier is made hand of the king, Cam Winston, only to discover a murderous, incestuous conspiracy

Game of Cranes

Vintner is coming

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

barbecue at the folks posted:

IDK but "Frasier, but in Vietnam" sounds hilarious

Good Morning Vietnam 2: I'm Listening

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I'm watching the one with cuddy from house and she is hot as hell

That's my Frasier story thanks for reading

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

vivisectvnv posted:

let us remember the scene in which Martin and Fraser attempt to do a "jewish mother-daughter" blow-out fight but realize that they are not equipped for it and just spiral into a mutual total crying breakdown

I watched this one the other day

Niles as Jesus was inspired. Though the best Niles costume is still when he dresses up as Martin and throws his head back to do a John Mahoney belly laugh.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Wow I forgot how much Simon completely sucks the comedy out of every scene he's in

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

And as bad as he is he's still better than Daphne's mom.

I remember her being horrible but I've only seen one brief scene with her so far, when she first arrives for the wedding

It was really bad

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Sagacity posted:

It's baffling why the writers or producers felt these characters just *had* *to* *keep* *appearing*.

One, Simon needs to be louder, drunker, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Simon's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Simon?"

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Sagacity posted:

So what you're saying is Simon could've been a worthwhile character if they just rastafied him by another ten percent or so?

Maybe if he was in a hiphop context. With a shmear of surfer.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Yeah I just watched the whole arc up to the wedding and Mel was pretty unpleasant the whole time.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

nthing that Donnie owns

Until Frasier pisses him off he's ready to drop the suit and says that he only started it because he's a lawyer and it was his instinct lol

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Farrier Theaks posted:

1. Daphne's mom
2. Donnie
3. Mel
4. Julia Wilcox (intentional, but unfunny)

Best secondary character:
1. Faye (I'd convert)

what the gently caress Donnie was cool :mad: and no Simon on a list of bad Frasier characters is wrong

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

been rewatching Frasier for a few months now and I just got to the episode where Daphne's mum and Simon come back

That poo poo sucks, but on the other hand it's the same episode that Frasier yells "CAAAAAM WINSTOOOON!!!!" after making his big speech about how great America is and the flag unfurls over his balcony, which was gold.

In conclusion, mid-season 9 is a land of contrasts.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I kinda liked Simon, though his gimmick wears out pretty quick. As true as ever that having a British accent makes Americans swoon regardless of how much of a piece of trash you openly are.

Interesting thing is he speaks almost as formal as Frasier does, and uses big words but doesn't get them wrong, kinda seems like he's a lot more intelligent and educated than he acts but just prefers the dissolute lifestyle.

I think it's because he has a "British" accent. The character is supposed to be Mancunian, but he sounds like an Australian doing a very bad impression of someone from East London. Daphne's accent was bad enough.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Another Bill posted:

It's because you're not hearing the faux british accent. He just said pro-grahm instead of program.

what the poo poo?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Your cousin is incredibly hot and has the sexiest voice

That is all

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Marty is properly heartbroken by the thought that his kids think he is disappointed in them :(

I love Niles' impression though, especially when he throws back his head and does the Marty 'HAH'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hey guys, does anyone know what to do with these tossed salads and scrambled eggs?