Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Sagacity posted:

Basically Mario the Juggler except you're juggling incoming patient phone calls

gently caress I missed a call and lost my Roz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Zeniel posted:

Rumor has it the Frasier RTS that was exclusive to the Atari Jaguar was not a well conceived project. Given the poor choice of genre, console and clashing theme of the show with that of the consoles target demographic. Yet it somehow works.

That's so weird when the arcade version was just a quickrush bootleg conversion for a less popular game.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Marenghi posted:

I don't care for the look of this reboot. I get the feeling it's gonna be a broad sitcom playing to the lowest common denominator.
Also I concur without Niles what's the point. When I look back at my favorite episodes they all had Niles.

Actually I probably would have preferred a solo Niles spin-off over solo Frasier.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1694013151514153342?s=20

I will say Frasier was the character from Cheers I was least interested in a spinoff of and it ended up quite nice so I’ll at least check it out.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Yeah lol I remember appointment television

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Marenghi posted:

I've no idea what life in pieces is in.

It was Colin Hanks I didnt hate it

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

GolfHole posted:

List of Characters from Frasier people would like to see in a spinoff:

1) Niles
2) Roz
3) Martin
78) Bulldog
79) Freddy

0) Eddie
-1) Lilith

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Seriously forget Frasier and give me Clavin

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Craig T Nelson as Coach

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

GolfHole posted:

i appreciate them making a frasier reboot since it illuminates how frasier himself was one of the weakest parts of frasier

And one of the weakest parts of cheers

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Frasier is back, in Game Boy Color (I found if you download the game you need to change the rom extension from .gb .gbc but YMMV on that)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWZY80NHKK8

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

mojo1701a posted:

What We Do In the Shadows has had some incredibly bonkers episodes and I love it.

I think part of the problem is that there's a certain craft to writing traditional sitcoms that no longer exists. A lot of writers want to work on other things because multicam sitcoms aren't as respected as they once were, and are limiting because they're meant to be performed like stage plays.

Is anything fictional still filmed before a live studio audience

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Yeah, from what I gather he's not the Jon Voight/James Woods type that whines about being "silenced" (as they piss and moan on Twitter and elsewhere) for being a conservative; when what they're really being "silenced" (as in, nobody wants to hire them for acting gigs) for is loudly broadcasting the fact that they're loathsome pieces of poo poo, that nobody who's sane would want their project to be publicly associated with.

Grammer is brain broken from his sister’s murder, Jon voight and James woods are just assholes.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

It’s a quick play but a good one

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

Imagine a night in Vegas with Kelsey Grammar. Goddamn that'd be unbelievable.

Either you would tire of his drunkenness within the first hour or you would be like a match to a flame and just become a supercritical problem

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

... I'm listening ...

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Cemetry Gator posted:

Frasier and Freddy can’t decide who is on a date with who, and you get some good character interaction.

Gonna need more details on this one cause it sounds a little yikesy

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Eve sets them both up on a blind date and a woman shows up, Frasier invites her in assuming she is his date. Played by June Diane Rafael. While Frasier starts cooking dinner for two in the kitchen, Freddie comes in from his room and assumes that she is his date. So they both try to figure out whose date she is without asking.

Ok that makes a lot more sense, I had assumed a double date scenario

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Motherfuckin Money Plane

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

You wanna see coke poured into a pepsi glass? Money plane

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Craig K posted:

okay lilith's back. im glad the show was revived 10/10

Ok I’ll watch this ep

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

SettingSun posted:

Batman has less trauma in his backstory than Kelsey Grammer does.

I was thinking Tracy Jordan

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Kelsey already has a handler to keep him from saying things who is pulling the leash. Hard to believe anyone who has a genuine ‘one more time’ line is long gone.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

update: i got a call early this morning and this was an insane thing to wake up to

i appreciate this update more than any update on the content of the new show so far

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Frasier is not the hero of the show Frasier

The Frasier system:

Feign Alzheimers
R

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

You wanna see kids playing with lawn darts? motherfuckin’ MONEYPLANE.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

You wanna see Frasier without Niles or Martin? motherfuckin’ MONEYPLANE.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We finally get to see Maris.

The two dumbest things that series could ever do are to show Maris or Vera.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Cosmik Slop posted:

I've seen one or two women in my life that could pass for Maris

I also saw Lara Flynn Boyle’s death on hit TV series Las Vegas.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

She was standing behind the urn the whole time, it just obscured her

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Jabberlock posted:

Finally got around to watching this show. let me know all the hottest frasier tips and tricks for newbies tia

skip the lore episodes and stick to the dgotw (dinner guest of the week)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

if you're a lady, join us in the lilith army

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

You wanna see Maris? Moneyplane

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Gonna make the argument that it’s three generations. He started on cheers in 1984.

frasier was the worst part of cheers

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

His show wouldn’t exist without it though :shrug:

I’m also still mad we didn’t get Cliff* but here we are.

*i would’ve called it Clavin

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

"That's So Clavin"

Cliff making the flashforward vision face

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

DaveWoo posted:

There was no "worst part" of Cheers, it was a strong ensemble all around

I disagree and think Frasier’s writing was quite boring until Diane left. This says nothing about the performance, which has always been well done.

I would also accept arguments that a lot of Carla time was wasted on Nick episodes, but Carla owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

The General posted:

They'll never achieve my dream of a Star Trek episode every week all year round. :negative:

as someone who likes some treks, that's a cursed as hell monkeys paw you got there