Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Frasier moved to Chicago in the last episode and then Kelsey played the mayor of Chicago years later in Boss. I like to pretend Frasier just changed his name so that Grammer still only gets to play one character ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

gently caress da Mods posted:

no he moved to san francisco u loving MORON

NOPE! That's where you thought he was going, but he went to Chicago after that one girl he just started dating. I'm sure he will have screwed that up with in a couple weeks as well.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

KomodoWagon posted:

It's weird that I'm the only one I've ever heard of who liked Frasier but hated Cheers.

Cheers sucked rear end, hard. Every character is either bland or grating. The jokes suck. Ted Danson's face is punchable as gently caress, and I swear to god even just remembering that frizzy Italian bitch's voice makes me want to kill myself and everyone around me. The jokes sucked, the writing required you to invest yourself in boring, garbage people whom it is impossible to genuinely root for. The only good thing that came out of Cheers was Frasier, and even his character was boring and horrible in Cheers. I loving HATE CHEERS

First two seasons of Cheers were good, but the Sam and Diane romance was god awful and terrible. Whenever someone asks if they should watch Cheers I tell them to watch the first two seasons, then watch all the Gary's Olde Towne Tavern episodes, and then watch the last two episodes. You seriously won't be missing out on anything.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ein cooler Typ posted:

it makes me sad that I will never have a place where everyone knows my name

Start going to a bar and tip well. There's like three bars that know me by name.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Supposedly Grammer would just be sitting down unresponsive and zonked out of his mind but as soon as they called action he'd immediately react and start acting only to shut down again after the scene ended

Now that's a pro!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

beefart posted:

Maris in David Hyde Pierce's mind was always Valerie Mahaffey, who played Frasier's secretary in Season 10 and played John Allen Hill's daughter whom Sam tried to seduce in Cheers.

Huh, I always imagined a bog mummy, since that's what they would always describe.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Leaving his child to go across the country was pretty drat selfish.

It's implied he didn't get custody of Freddy so staying wouldn't have mattered. He did have a suicide attempt on his resume at the time they were determining custody. But really they just didn't want to write a kid into the cast so they left him in Boston.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

spog posted:

I've never heard him out of character: how smart is Grammer in real life?

I yelled "Hey Kelsey!" at him at a Cubs game in like 2012. He smiled and waved at me and yelled "Go Cubbies" back then gave me a thumbs up.

So, you know, pretty smart.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i fuckin' love Down Periscope

Remember when that one funny looking guy made whale noises and tricked the Navy?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

us vs also us posted:

"NILES!!!!!!!!!!!!"
-Frasier, from Frasier

I love that episode!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just wait! Diedrich Bader is Roz's date in one of my favorite episodes! The one where Frasier and Niles buy a restaurant.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like the episode where Frasier and Niles are hoping they are related to the Russian royal family, but then it turns out their great-grandmother was a literal thieving whore.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcwstgNMbOA

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

luncheon meat posted:

what if Maris was even hotter than Roz?

With her fetching little under bite and her blousing spandex?

Mel was the best.

She really was until Niles left her for Daphne. then she was a little spiteful, but I think was justified in her anger abut the situation. The writers really didn't do a good job of making the audience think she wasn't right for Niles. All the other characters hated her and the most we see her doing is telling Niles he should run for Cork Master or being able to get into better places than Frasier or being slightly condescending to someone (but no worse than they are to every other non-starring character).

Also she appreciated Niles more and would have made him a better person. And her mother probably wouldn't have ruined every scene she was in for seasons upon seasons.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

gently caress da Mods posted:

theres a back aching for the lash!
"
I actually say this sometimes. I also every now and then do the overly hammy "Fine! Fiiiiiiiiiine!" that Frasier did the episode when he got punched in the face by Maris' murdered husband. Frasier has wormed it's way into my parlance and will never truly be gone.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Something I've always wondered was, was roz supposed to be hot?

She was supposed to be obtainable. Also hot.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sassassin posted:

I remember that show but I don't remember that friend.

The one that's not Lea Thompson or a guy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok I unwadded my jock and started over by just leaving the show running while im doing other stuff and you guys are right, this show is extremely funny in a cute way.

I guess my only lingering issue is the idea that he was allowed to walk in front of camera with that wet, bald mullet look. Possible contestant for worst media haircut of that decade?

It goes away in season 3 I think. And I think the "Worst Hair of the 90's" hands down goes to Elaine from Seinfeld.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

poisonpill posted:

Everyone I know who works in radio is dirt poor. Were things different twenty years ago? Did Frasiers fsmil have a lot of inherited wealth? Why was his dad a redneck?

His mom was a psychiatrist and his dad was a cop. Frasier had money from private practice and was one if the biggest radio stars in Seattle. This was also the time when bug radio stars were national phenomenons like Howard Stern and Mancow.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Big City Drinkin posted:

Yeah they brought up Niles' car somewhat often. It reinforced the "same but different" theme, e.g., BWM/Mercedes, Harvard/Yale, etc. Because there's no way they'd drive the same car make.

Also Frasier's piano teacher raped him when he was a teenager.

The blonde? Nice.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

For the life of me, I can't figure out who this was actually made for.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/le-cigare-volant-santa-cruz

That one was in California, but still

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought it was a Freud joke.

Nah, sometimes Le Cigar is just Le Cigar.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Care Bear Stairs posted:

Le Cigar Volant!!

Remember when Frasier had sex with their pastry chef, but kept calling her another woman's name? Then Niles and him had to eat at other restaurants for awhile. I always liked it when the Crane men all cheered each other up when they were all having a bad day. Like the couple of times they all got broken up with on the same night, or when they all sat around watching home movies of their mother/wife on Martin's birthday.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The episode where Frasier buys an art and has a party but then the artist says the art isn't made by her.

Or the time he dates an artist, but then she cuts off all her hair and stuffs a pillow with it and then he keeps banging her as they both howl at the full moon.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sagacity posted:

So, nobody is going to touch the hot potato that is Gil Chesterton?

Nobody touches Gil Chesterton's hot potato besides his loving wife Deb.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Also a lot of people forget how the old man Martin Crane endgame was to wait 30 years to marry his children's babysitter

Should have been Cam Winston's mom.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Also irl fraiser us nothing like hus cgaracter. Grammers married 3 different strippers in his life ( not at the same time)

Frasier dated a stripper. And Niles dated a prostitute. And Martin implied he got caught loving a prostitute while he worked vice. The Crane boys have all dipped their sticks in dirty.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bulldog was in love with Roz, but she let him down easy that she didn't feel the same. Then he fights zombies in the basement or something. It was a weird season.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's a three legged greyhound and it's owner that comes into my bank sometimes and she is my absolute favorite. She's super old (like 13 or something). I jokingly asked her owner if she knew how to shake, and the owner told me "Oh she shakes a ton just trying to stand up now." They're both pretty cool. Think the dog is dying though. :(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If you ever wanted to watch Niles pantomime loving a woman in the bathroom then it's a must watch.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Is there any good fraiser erotic fan fic

All of it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cosmik Slop posted:

Best dramatic scene in the whole series. I don't know what they had for breakfast that morning, but they didn't show acting chops like that before or after.

Someone's forgetting the scene where Frasier tells Niles to have a seat because he's panicking about his divorce and he asks Frasier "Where?" and goes into why each seat is special to him and Maris in someway...obviously that so sinks with in moments because we're not supposed to want them together, but still. Good scene.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I still prefer everybody loves raymond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25fauJh53Ro

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEESSSSSSS!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Someone not on their phone drop this into winamp just to check.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've given this advice over and over to anyone that asks, but watch the entire first 3 or 4 seasons and then just watch all the Gary's Olde Towne Tavern episodes and then the last four episodes of the series. You won't be missing much of anything. And if you feel like you are then just youtube "Norm Quips" to get the bits you skipped over.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

Frasier's dad suddenly developing yellow fever in S6 is pretty funny.

"You're not 21 and her village hasn't just burned down!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mel is in the Twin Peaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Goddamn lillith was smoking hot

If you kiss her too fast you get an ice cream headache.