Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I guess what's interesting about Frasier is how it had to obscure the particulars of how labor relations and property ownership worked any time came up.

Like the episode where Frasier tries to take on his condo association and Roz relates by claiming that she hounded her COA into replacing her disposal. Most condo ownerships (certainly in the Seattle area) are studs-in ownership and I doubt a disposal would be eligible for replacement under protection of the condo association.

Anyway thanks for/I'm listening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Martytoof posted:

Excuse me poo poo POST MALONE, I’ve got news for you. Copernicus called, and you are not the center of the universe!

This is like a David Spade x Kelsey Grammer joint and I'm all about it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

One of the few things I won't ever defend the series for is how loving hard they are on Roz. She's absolutely smarter than Frasier or Niles or perhaps even Martin. She's been through some real poo poo. She's good at her job. And goddamn they never let up on her for liking sex and living her life.

Roz is life

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Which ended up bubbling into the in-retrospect frothing misogyny of the 00s.

Given the executives literally mandated that Roz had to get pregnant from being sexually active, I imagine a lot of that was similarly enforced.

At the same time they sent Daphne to fat camp when her actual real life pregnancy got in the way.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I just noticed in the two parter episode where he lines up three dates in three days, he habitually pours drinks for his dates before they even arrive.

Frasier is a freak.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

They spent so much time testing out "Frasier as a boyfriend" only to realize "Frasier an incel" is way way way funnier.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

In this episode Niles has a cell phone with two lines for a visual gag with Frasier.

On the one hand, I don't like my Frasier Immersion being ruined by pesky technological facts but on the other hand, Frasier and Niles arguing over the phone 10' away from one another is funny.

Truly, what is a boy to do?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I enjoy how Frasier is simultaneously the most easily recognized celebrity in all of 1996 Seattle and also just Some Guy when it's convenient for the gag.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It's sort of unbelievable that anyone would recognize an am talk radio host for a call-in psychiatry show based on his face alone.

I watched the Frasier Crane Day episode again today and reveled in the fact that even in painfully new loafers he could have just walked to his rally.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I started to think about how if Frasier ever lost his spacious apartment that Marty would be in a tight spot but based on SPD pensions and 1990's rent he could live wherever he wanted.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Why does Frasier have a black toilet?

What is a boy to doo doo?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Please provide material for avatar text. All submissions will be considered.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Man how many war crimes is Marty responsible for anyway

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Frasier was on the front page of the Seattle Times for patronizing a prostitute. And yet he continues to plow.

Fuckin baller

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

New favorite game: my wife and I place wagers on what Frasier says to close the song out

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I wonder if Martin had to be ridden by Bonnie because of his bad hip.

I need a whole deep dive of how everyone in the frasierverse plows.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It's unfortunate that DHP kept a closer cropped hair style in the last half of the series because when his hair was longer and he did his "human muppet" routine it was the loving funniest thing.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Turtles! There's a shell aching for the lash!"

Lmao this episode is so good just for the fact that they have to explain that Roz is dialing into the internet to date online.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I like the one where niles loses a bet to Marty because a bit character ended up being gay and attracted to Frasier. It was at least an acknowledgment of the fact.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah like the episode where Frasier accidentally picks up a sex worker could have easily have been just that but for some reason the over the top laughs to be had were by making her trans.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Is there any an episode where they address Daphne's seemingly limitless task list?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i stopped reading the thread did anyone ever do anything with my comprehensive timecode list of every single utterance of le cigare volant?

Send it over and I will try to make a supercut.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Which is weird because the person in question has a page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shalimar_Seiuli

Very sad, brief life after that...

Oh wow yeah that isn't believable at all lmfao.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Just got to the episode where Martin pretends to be gay to avoid being courted by a woman at the opera. This show is so blessed.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Oh my. Frasier just said massa

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

This show is constantly unclear on the labor situation at KACL.

Like the contracts for the on-air personalities are negotiated individually but all the producers and techs have a separate combined contract?

And sometimes Roz calls Frasier her boss which... yeah I guess? It's not like Frasier could run the show without her though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

You've figured out the radio business

Finally. I should look into a career in this burgeoning industry that has years ahead of it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Imagine KACL as KUOW and Cisco has a show alongside Gil Chesterton where they talk about the best restaurants to eat locally grown horticulture.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

My sister got me a black flag T-shirt that says NILES CRANE on it and it's just perfect.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Think about the fact that Marty owns a Winnebago that he parks in a secure underground parking garage and then realize how many people in Seattle live in RVs on the side of the road.

I mean, it wasn't like that in 1998 but Marty is a prime target for the Seattle Is Dying rhetoric.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Marty and Duke are loving and that's the drat truth.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Basically once Nile's and Daphne get together it's not a good show anymore. Probably a season before that even.

Like it still has good jokes occasionally but it's not as good.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Donny is the fuckin worst.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I now hunger for the gritty Frasier reboot. I want the episode where Niles accidentally ODs and Frasier has to break down his bathroom door and they both realize how they're constantly drinking and eating handfuls of prescription pills.

I like the idea of them both becoming huge pill hounds who prescribe to each other

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Frasier was an op???

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Oh yeah I'll still watch that garbage.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The fact that they had Anthony Lapaglia play a Brit is loving insane.

They cast so many Americans as Brits and it's astonishing.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

If I didn't take Frasier seriously then I'd literally have nothing left

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Lol Kirby called at 4:20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Welcome back to the Frasier Crane show. Before the break, Mr Hairpiece was telling us how he can't take anything seriously because of stress and drinking problems, which has led to shitposting. In the last minute of our show, caller, I'm happy to say that we've found a place where you'll fit right in, so grab a drink, get ready for shitposts, because... Now it's time for Bob Bulldog Brisco!

ps You can stay :) thanks for starting the thread.

I just want to say I used to be lovely to you in the Seattle thread(s) and I'm sorry about that.

Frasier is the salve we need, but don't feel the need to accept my apology.