Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
louk doing pretty well in the polls, he's got an 85-vote lead over the next two candidates, kayak and monty, who are tied

i'm actually surprised at how even the race is, because i did a bit of spying around before the final and it seemed that louk had by far the biggest number of votes in the primaries, especially considering that he also ran on PYF and almost won!

i think the checkbox poll and the all-dogs-are-good-dogs effect is evening out the race a lot. as of right now, 24% of voters had Loukanikos checked, and only 18% Kayak or Monty, but even the weakest dog, CineD's Andy was deemed good by 5% of voters

still, for monty or kayak to beat loukanikos at this point, 85 people would have to deem them good dogs, and NOT deem loukanikos one, so fingers crossed for louk, and if you still haven't voted, go do your duty!

e: i am a giant nerd for pointless dog elections and here is the spreadsheet to prove it

Duscat has issued a correction as of 04:52 on Mar 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
as the race heats up, it is becoming obvious that while all dogs are good dogs, they are good in different ways, and it is starting to make a difference

the video game dog kayak has rallied and pulled ahead of monty by 112 votes and is now in second place, with monty tied at third with another late riser rusty, good dogs all

however, while kayak has to wear goggles whenever he goes outside to guard his sensitive blue eyes from Earth's harsh sun, loukanikos once charged a tear gas grenade and bit the bejesus out of it, and this is probably why he still leads the race, by 103 votes as of right now

all in all, 26.39% of all voters have now deemed Loukanikos a Good Dog, a number that should clearly be higher, but the shortcoming clearly reflects more on the ignorance of the other 73.61% than on Loukanikos himself

e: also, it's obvious from how the good-dogs-per-vote ratio has dropped that the recent votes have been very partisan, dropping the average to less than two deemed-good dogs per vote! shame

Duscat has issued a correction as of 05:02 on Mar 24, 2017

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
Agreed, donor activity has been rather shameful. Louk's charity nominee is a really good one, too, and though it's not guaranteed he'll win, I have faith in him. C'mon c-spam, dig deep.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
some crazy homeless guy is ranting in the vote thread, and i'm worried about the optics

guys, do we not have five bucks each to paypal to a good cause? let's fill up a page or two with pledges

funny Star Wars parody posted:

All the CSPAM voters not putting they money where they mouth is is :sad:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
It's not like there was any doubt.

All the other dogs were random forums dogs, and like half of them i think weren't even dogs, i mean, i'm not sure if it's politically correct say it, but i think TFR's dog was probably actually a bird? I dunno i'm not very good at telling species and if i get probated for this i probably deserve it.

But Loukanikos was the only dog with a real story and a real life.

• Locked thread