Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Esoteric Scientist posted:

On the topic of Trump presidency vs. veep/political satire:

creator of /r/theredpill revealed to be republican lawmaker from New Hampshire

I'm not sure if Jonah can beat that

I was literally trying to explain the conversation in this thread when someone brought this story up. If a storyline like that happens, I don't think anyone would fault the Veep writers for letting reality beat them to the punch on the, very-specific, "congressman from New Hampshire accidentally kick starts an awful online movement" gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Mike and Gary are gently caress-up buddies!

edit: Minna Hokannen might be my favorite recurring character in all television

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 1, 2017

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Rename me to 'Fever of the Sausage'

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
So I guess Selina/Ben are doing some sort of great Paul Manafort/Corey Lewandowski thing.. When do Catherine's texts leak where she worries about her baby being fed using "blood money"?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jonah would totally be into NS black metal bands for years without realizing what they stood for

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Y'know, as much as I hate the group being all split apart (and it has really been bad for Amy, as she's really, really isolated from everyone else), I think Dan as a CBS host who can jump in, poo poo all over our favorite people on live morning television, and go gently caress some ladies later is perfect. His interview with Amy was gold.

edit: also, i watched an episode of Law and Order the other day about people who sent their dying parents to a lovely doctor so they'd die during a year without an estate tax (which is a perfectly Law and Order scenario, really), but who would show up but Clea DuVall! She was playing a lesbian in love with a woman named Katherine, and the two of them were going to have a baby. Alas, no sign of Selina Meyer anywhere.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 1, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man, Dan was perfect this episode. "Yeah you can have my sperm, I knew exactly what you were gonna ask, thanks but now I've gotta go gently caress this girl, bye"

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

DC Murderverse posted:

edit: Minna Hokannen might be my favorite recurring character in all television
I agree with this.

Although they made her extra weird and flawed in this episode.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Minna Häkkinen is great. Though there is no such expression in Finland. That was the best episode of the season so far though.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Lost my poo poo when Gary revealed to Mike that he also voted.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Great episode, but what's with making GBS threads all over Georgia? :mad: It's a cool place that had reasonable success with democracy and fighting corruption (by regional standards), at least until Russia happened.

E: Though Fry was clearly a stand in for Yushchenko, and the exterior shots would also make more sense for Ukraine, they don't paint the fingers either so it's probably just meant to be some mishmash of EE shitholes

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 2, 2017

Moboe
Apr 13, 2014

i am the bird posted:

Lost my poo poo when Gary revealed to Mike that he also voted.

Same. Then I lost it again when Gary was trying to open the water bottle with one hand and his mouth!

"What happened with this? Did you drink it?"

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
That bit about the Hawaiian monarchy was loving brilliant. I love it when shows are willing to trust their audience.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Solkanar512 posted:

That bit about the Hawaiian monarchy was loving brilliant. I love it when shows are willing to trust their audience.

It was especially great because I couldn't tell if Kent was woke or just liable to have been part of Butters' hapanoa on South Park.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Moboe posted:

Same. Then I lost it again when Gary was trying to open the water bottle with one hand and his mouth!

"What happened with this? Did you drink it?"

I pretty much missed the point of most of the Gary's scenes after he admits that he voted too, upon first watch. I was too focused on what was going on on the foreground, so I didn't even understand the point of that line about the water bottle....

Another reason to re-watch then.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Yeah, Gary's background physical comedy in this episode is great and kept squarely in the background.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
White House Press Secretary sounds like it would be the worst job in the world. Especially in this era of Trump. Did the things the Obama Press Secretaries say make as bigger headlines as the current guy?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Looten Plunder posted:

White House Press Secretary sounds like it would be the worst job in the world. Especially in this era of Trump. Did the things the Obama Press Secretaries say make as bigger headlines as the current guy?

No, because they didn't gently caress up worse than Mike and they weren't tasked with making a completely insane administration palatable

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Looten Plunder posted:

Just to add, but before Spicy, White House press conferences were boring as gently caress.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Looten Plunder posted:

This was probably the most entertaining thing from Jay Carney:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28a7RRIeTkU
[Title is sensationalized]

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Crossposting from the funny pictures thread:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Dan is really shining this season.

"I'm gonna save a fortune in morning after pills. There's like three girls who owe me an abortion refund"

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 8, 2017

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

DC Murderverse posted:

Dan is really shining this season.

"I'm gonna save a fortune in morning after pills. There's like three girls who owe me an abortion refund"

I wasn't too hot on the first three episodes but tonight was on loving fire.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I knew it wasn't going to happen but wish they had actually put Selina on the Supreme Court. This is still the funniest show on tv.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

gettin paid gettin laid

gary is still the saddest man on earth

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I can't believe Jonah keeps stumbling into political success.
He will become the next president.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

He hasn't had a bedtime since he was 17. Also "Twinless Tower."

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

cant cook creole bream posted:

I can't believe Jonah keeps stumbling into political success.
He will become the next president.

Jonah as VEEP would be great.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Jonah's utter dumbfounded confusion as they hand him the bill was priceless. I wasn't hooked on the first couple episodes but this one really brought the magic back.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Spacebump posted:

I knew it wasn't going to happen but wish they had actually put Selina on the Supreme Court. This is still the funniest show on tv.

Selina going through confirmation hearings and failing would have been great.

I'm fully on board with this show transitioning to Jonah Ryan's political rise to God-Emperor of the United States.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"Zero dollars... and one cent"
"You didn't even sign it!"
"Guess you shoulda said sorry then"

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Barbe Rouge posted:

gettin paid gettin laid

gary is still the saddest man on earth

What happened to Gary's wife? Did he say he was living with roommates?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What happened to Gary's wife? Did he say he was living with roommates?

I have no idea. Yeah, he mentioned roommates but I can't imagine it.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Selina overjoyed that she had an MI and not menopause was amazing, and then her and Gary snuggling topped it off for me.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watching the old seasons, and I'm noticing a trend of Amy being prophetic. In the pilot, she tells Jonah if he touches her he'll lose a ball. In the episode where she pretends she was pregnant, a reporter asks her if Dan was the father, she tells the reporter he's impotent.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno if it's because I was tired, hungry, sleepy, or all of the above, but somehow this episode didn't really connect. Although my only somewhat objective critique would be Selina's reaction to the heart attack news. I realize she's vain and everything but that reaction to learning about having a heart attack seems a bit too much even for her. But I should probably rewatch this.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
The band's name translates to...panzer division

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Watching the old seasons, and I'm noticing a trend of Amy being prophetic. In the pilot, she tells Jonah if he touches her he'll lose a ball. In the episode where she pretends she was pregnant, a reporter asks her if Dan was the father, she tells the reporter he's impotent.

I really enjoy that they don't rub the callbacks in your face AD-style

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

quote:

No, my legacy, guys, is me in a robe, taking guns from this guy, giving the death penalty to that guy. And they can't vote me out, right? It's for life. They're gonna have to carry me out of there with the gavel clenched in my cold, dead twat.

I believe this is an actual quote from Ruth Bader Ginsburg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Caught up on this season today and it remains tied with Better Call Saul for the best show on TV.

Also I would watch the hell out of just Selina and Minna as odd couple roommates

• Locked thread