Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

PostNouveau posted:

And then that guy steals his deal and renames his caucus something that sounds like an a cappella group.

Holy poo poo. I actually didn't make the connection. The foot smash cut happened so fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

They are in Italy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Toplowtech posted:

Jonah's head violently hitting the ceiling repeatably is funnier than it should be.

They went for the Sideshow Bob Rakes effect

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Veep is the absolute best at offensive insults.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Was his happiness at getting fired the most emotion he's shown on this show?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Adam Scott is so good at playing total pricks!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Why exactly is Catherine sticking around Selina or allowing her and her posse to stick around at her home?

Catherine's financially independent through her fund, Selina has turned from being a horrible neglecting career parent to being downright hostile and offensively uncaring.

Just toss her out and live Three's Company style with Majorie and Richard and Richard jr.

On an unrelated note:
Will the lost documentary tape make a surprise appearance in the season finale?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GigaPeon posted:

Was his happiness at getting fired the most emotion he's shown on this show?

Probably, that scene with him w/ the biker gang he seemed pretty happy too tho.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jonah's Uncle laughing so hard while he was being dumped might be the funniest thing I have ever seen. Holy poo poo I love that character

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

bring back old gbs posted:

Jonah's Uncle laughing so hard while he was being dumped might be the funniest thing I have ever seen. Holy poo poo I love that character

Yeah I think that might have topped his elementary school appearance, that dynamic is so loving funny.

for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYOE8kL3dac

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I was kinda hoping they'd eventually put Jonah as the president but it seems they're not going that route

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

I was kinda hoping they'd eventually put Jonah as the president but it seems they're not going that route

I was hoping that he was gonna end up as Veep and we'd get a season of Jonah as Veep. Stupid Jonah :smith:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Zzulu posted:

Jonah Ryan as president might be a, uh, little too real right now.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

Zzulu posted:

I had been saying to my partner for the past few episodes that I felt it was going to come round full circle to VP Myer under President Ryan. Much happier with what we got instead!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
But with Jonah out of power, do we even have any character still doing real politics

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Gelf posted:

I had been saying to my partner for the past few episodes that I felt it was going to come round full circle to VP Myer under President Ryan. Much happier with what we got instead!
President what'shername probably is going to lose a lot of face over claiming the tibet thing, only the man who DARED to defy her (along the un-american Daylight Saving Time) may have chance to become president! With the help of the true heroin of the tibet treaty as his VP of course. It's going to be some trump level bullshit.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

This season's been a huge step down from past seasons. It still has some great jokes but there's also probably like half a dozen groan moments every episode where it's just forcing jokes way too hard. It's most common with them being mean to Catherine in completely over-the-top ways or Gary perving out on Selina more and more, although those arent the only instances.

To say something positive here though I'll mention I really liked the joke from this episode when they were all checking to see where they were mentioned in Selina's book and they ask Richard if he's in it and he says, "no, just in the dedication."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Finally caught up, I'm pretty sure the last two episodes are among the best of the series. Gary's house is top 5 ever for sure.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
Veep continues to deliver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT_1YKdvvxw

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Adam Scott deserves his own talk show far more than Jimmy Fallon does :mad:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

precision posted:

Adam Scott deserves his own talk show far more than Jimmy Fallon does :mad:

Only if every monologue is 100% U2 stories.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I wish Jimmy Fallon were this mean. It might be worth watching his interviews if he were.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"you're about as welcome in DC as Jerry Sandusky at an open call for Oliver!"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

holy poo poo Leon West is the new Mike

WAIT WHAT AMY?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

This was a lame season with one great episode and a few great moments

BUT NEXT SEASON THO

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

DC Murderverse posted:

This was a lame season with one great episode and a few great moments

BUT NEXT SEASON THO

Jonah vs. Selina! Are they the same party? Is this going to be a primary battle or a presidential battle?

Or is Selina going to be Jonah's VP?

Either way, it looks like the show runners know they don't have too many seasons left, and they are going to give some awesome fan service on the way out.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The Human Crouton posted:

Jonah vs. Selina. Are they the same party? Is this going to be a primary battle or a presidential battle.

Either way, it looks like the show runners know they don't have too many seasons left, and they are going to give some awesome fan service on the way out.

Oh it's not just Jonah v. Selena (or v people who will eventually crash into each other, like Danny Chung who may or may not have lied about saving a man while he was a marine).

It's Grandma Selena. Amy and Dan having the world's least wanted child. Press liaison Leon West and Night School Teacher Mike. Jonah running for president with the crack team of a convicted felon, the man who molested him, his mother, and the tiny prison billionaire funding the whole embarrassing situation. And of course, getting pretty much the whole gang back together. It is just a shame that it took an entire year of episodes to get us to that point.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Jonah is going to be the first Jewish President of the United States.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wonder if the end the series with Selina as VEEP.

Fun finale, everyone's hair in the flashbacks was hilarious.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That shot of the door in Iowa was great, if they decided to end the whole series they could've just cut it there and skipped the Jonah/Mike scenes and t would've been perfect.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That was a slightly above average season with a great finale that set up what should be a really fun next year. Gary as an actual candy-striper had me in stitches.

Mike had it coming, but still :( I'd be shocked if they got rid of Matt Walsh but nobody with Selina really likes him, does he go to work for Jonah?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Great episode. I loved Amy at Selina's concession speech saying something about needing to gently caress and intern and the guy behind her immediately runs away.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Great episode. I loved Amy at Selina's concession speech saying something about needing to gently caress and intern and the guy behind her immediately runs away.

I'm wondering how Amy is still working for Selina? Selina publicly scapegoats Amy to take the blame for the slave site scandal, then in the following plot reveal scene she says that a couple people need to be fired, which I took to mean Mike(who was) and Amy(who wasn't)

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I enjoyed the season and the finale very much.

If there was something I would like them to change or at least tweak would be Catherine's role in the series. She is basically Meg from Family Guy at this point, but since she has the money in the family and has her own family and arguably some psychological support, there is no reason for her to keep taking all this abuse. Not without at least a few sparks of standing up to Selina.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Human Crouton posted:

Jonah vs. Selina! Are they the same party? Is this going to be a primary battle or a presidential battle?

Since Montez will presumably seek reelection I would expect it's a primary battle.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jonah's campaign website is up!
https://twitter.com/timothycsimons/status/879396398235516929
Some fun stuff on there (some probably carried over from his old site) but I definitely missed this interview with a 4th grade class
https://assets.jonahryancongressman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Newspaper.pdf

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jonah's campaign website is up!
https://twitter.com/timothycsimons/status/879396398235516929
Some fun stuff on there (some probably carried over from his old site) but I definitely missed this interview with a 4th grade class
https://assets.jonahryancongressman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Newspaper.pdf
"My Struggle: The Jonah Ryan Story" perfect in every way.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toplowtech posted:

"My Struggle: The Jonah Ryan Story" perfect in every way.

it gets updated every season and it keeps getting funnier :allears:

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Is it just me being sensitive, or should they tone down the "Selina says mean things offhandedly to Catherine" stuff? It's like they ramped to Family Guy/Meg proportions this year.

Looking forward to more Jonah campaigning next year. Has this been confirmed as renewed? I got Series Finale vibe with all the flashbacks/origin stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GigaPeon posted:

Is it just me being sensitive, or should they tone down the "Selina says mean things offhandedly to Catherine" stuff? It's like they ramped to Family Guy/Meg proportions this year.

Same with Furlong and Will. Many of my favorite lines in the show come from them but it became repetitive having that once an episode.

• Locked thread