Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

savinhill posted:

You forgot the second best reason to always watch: Richard. And speaking of Richard and Jonah, I would love for there to be a new ongoing subplot for the two of them where they're secretly ecelebs/thought leaders of some type of altright internet nerd group, with resulting scandal when Richard inevitably blunders in his site admin duties and accidentally self-doxxes the both of them

This is very similar to Jonah secretly becoming an e-celeb when he ran a White House insider blog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

"I'm gonna drink some champizzle and eat some poontizzle"

"No you're not!"

Mary Holland :swoon:

I've seen this actress in a million things before, but I never knew her name until now. I've always mentally referred to her as Resting Bitch Face.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, S5 was great and kept the standards of previous seasons but as S6 goes on, I'm less and less interested and Selina is unlikeable without being particularly funny. I couldn't even be bothered to finish watching last week's ep.

I dunno, some bits were really strong, especially the dinner at Furlong's house. His poor loving assistant is just the saddest, most pathetic guy on earth, I love how he's just so defeatedly resigned to repeating whatever awful stuff Furlong's told him to say, and then "You'll want to take it to church and marry it, Rog! :)" to fool his wife. I also cracked up hard at the line in the thread title -- did it come from a promo or something? I wasn't expecting it at all, I thought it was just some snippet from a past episode that I hadn't caught.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jonah continues to be the best character on this show, loved his meeting with the President and that double fuckover at CBS at the end was fantastic.

Every single minute of Jonah and his ridiculous congressional circus is absolutely hilarious.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Bobby Digital posted:

"...except for the Lhasa Express. They're playing their usual games."

Richard :allears:

I love how he's such a bumbling simpleton yet somehow hyper competent at everything, like casually speaking fluent Arabic to Selina's side piece.

Why did Jonah's campaign come crashing down so suddenly? I didn't get why Sherman Tans suddenly pulled up and ran.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Some fun stuff on there (some probably carried over from his old site) but I definitely missed this interview with a 4th grade class
https://assets.jonahryancongressman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Newspaper.pdf

I just about loving died.

quote:

R: What foods do you like to eat?
J: I like pizza and spaghetti with meatballs and French fries.
R: Those are things kids like.
J: That doesn’t mean I can’t like them too. I like them in a grownup way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

Wasn't there even an exchange they had where Furlong implied they workshopped and rehearsed those jokes too?

There's a spot in one of the episodes this season where Furlong goes "Like what, Will?" and Will replies with something disgusting and self-degrading, and Furlong says something like "no, the other one" and Will corrects himself.

He doesn't think he's hanging out with his buddy and making him laugh, he's just been completely broken by this enormous rear end in a top hat and does his best to memorize whatever terrible thing Furlong wants him to say.

• Locked thread