Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Professor Shark posted:

Trump killed Veep

Yeah :smith: I will definitely watch, probably just for Jonah, but I can't imagine anything more insane than what has been going on in the country. Veep has been one of the best shows on TV for its entire run though, so if I trust anyone to make a show about the former VP/P funny, it's the Veep team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Stare-Out posted:

For people writing this show off because of real world bullshit; the show is pretty funny even outside of politics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYOE8kL3dac

I'm 100% not writing it off, but politics got a lot less funny with Trump in charge so I understand and am a part of the folks who I think have a valid question re: where the show goes in respect to making politics funny.

The starting clip of Jonah Ryan on his phone is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen and why I trust the writing staff and the cast to make me laugh a ton though.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hey Slick. What's Blondie's situation? Does she choke for coke?

e: sincerely i think that this show has gotten better every year which like, how many shows can say?

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 30, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Don't forget Splettnet.net!
https://www.splettnet.net/a-splettcipe-you-can-make-tonight/

quote:

A Splettcipe You Can Make Tonight!

Many home chefs (pointing a finger right at myself here) get bogged down with complicated recipes. But a delicious meal doesn’t have to be difficult.

Here’s my recipe for Spaghetti alla Riccardo — but there’s a twist:

1) Buy spaghetti. Any brand will do, I haven’t found a bad one yet. I don’t want to endorse any specific products here but Garofalo, the kind they sell at Costco, is delicious and shares a name with Janine Garofalo, a comedienne who’s given me her fair share of laughs.

2) Buy sauce. Ideally on the same trip to the store as (1). Again, I can’t recommend specific products due to the Splettnet code of ethics, but Ragu has been around for a long time for a reason. Prego is also delicious. If you’re already at Costco, well: Kirkland may not be the most Italian name, but I’ll be surprised if you find yourself disappointed.

3) Boil water. Simple, just put water in a pot. Not too much, don’t want it to boil over. Trust your gut.

4) Add spaghetti to sauce. Your spaghetti package will say how long to cook it for. You can trust them, they’re on your team.

5) Put something else in the sauce. Wasn’t expecting that, were you? Here’s where it gets interesting. If you put a chopped up zucchini into the sauce, well then you’ve made Spaghetti alla Riccardo. But if you put anything else? Anything you like? Then guess what? You’ve made Spaghetti alla You. An onion? Garlic? An apple? Sounds crazy, but it’s your dinner.

6) Heat up the sauce. I usually do this in my pan.

7) Strain spaghetti. This is the most fun part, in my opinion.

8) Put sauce on the spaghetti. Not too much. Remember: the number one way to spoil spaghetti is too much sauce. On the other hand the number two way is not enough sauce.

9) Enjoy.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Didn't really feel the love, hope it gets better. The scenes with Dan and the Cloud Botherer were the best.

I agree with whoever said that Trump kinda broke the show. Satire works when it's an exaggeration of reality. It's no longer satire or funny when you are just doing a documentation on modern day post-Trump politics and rehashing the news.

If they were still in the WH I'd agree but I think getting out of there will let the writers keep things fresh with the same cast of characters. I really liked this ep but I can see how some people wouldn't; they needed to establish what all the characters have been up to before getting into the rest of the season.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"You know one time I tried hitting on a girl in a laundromat?? For someone with broken english, she was real uppity"

Oh my god Jonah :allears:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man, Dan was perfect this episode. "Yeah you can have my sperm, I knew exactly what you were gonna ask, thanks but now I've gotta go gently caress this girl, bye"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
There was nothing about this episode that wasn't fantastic. Richard discovering masturbation (he and Jonah are bros for life :3:), Danny getting forced into a sex scandal, Mike somehow catching on to Selina's horrible upbringing before her (and them destroying the barn)..it was all great

Also, more Mary Holland, please :swoon:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"I'm gonna drink some champizzle and eat some poontizzle"

"No you're not!"

Mary Holland :swoon:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"This stupid hat is too small for my head"
"Yarmulke!"
"Fine, the stupid hat is too small for my yarmulke"
"It's ok, Jonah, conversion to Judaism is about a commitment to the Jewish lifestyle"
"Oh, good, cuz all this learning is giving me a yarmulke-ache"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The Leftovers had an extended series finale, that mighta had something to do with it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jonah continues to be the best character on this show, loved his meeting with the President and that double fuckover at CBS at the end was fantastic.

God, poor Gary though :smith:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I got like 8 minutes into this episode and was laughing my rear end off, and then there were still 20 minutes :allears:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Mary Holland looking loving fantastic, Jonah getting dumped in spectacular fashion, Adam Scott as a talk show host, Amy getting pimped out, Kent Kareeming it up, Jonah's uncle, this episode was peak Veep.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Phenotype posted:

I love how he's such a bumbling simpleton yet somehow hyper competent at everything, like casually speaking fluent Arabic to Selina's side piece.

Why did Jonah's campaign come crashing down so suddenly? I didn't get why Sherman Tans suddenly pulled up and ran.

Jonah had the government by the balls (heh) and gave it all up because of Daylight Savings Time last episode.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Balls are the only thing keeping me from choking on cocks.
Without balls, I'd be swallowing dicks whole, just like Joey Chestnut.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Aliquid posted:

everything about this show is good

the characters are good, the writing is good. everything is good

uncle loving jeff

even the minor characters in this show are so goddamn great,

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GigaPeon posted:

Was his happiness at getting fired the most emotion he's shown on this show?

Probably, that scene with him w/ the biker gang he seemed pretty happy too tho.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

bring back old gbs posted:

Jonah's Uncle laughing so hard while he was being dumped might be the funniest thing I have ever seen. Holy poo poo I love that character

Yeah I think that might have topped his elementary school appearance, that dynamic is so loving funny.

for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYOE8kL3dac

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

I was kinda hoping they'd eventually put Jonah as the president but it seems they're not going that route

I was hoping that he was gonna end up as Veep and we'd get a season of Jonah as Veep. Stupid Jonah :smith:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That was a slightly above average season with a great finale that set up what should be a really fun next year. Gary as an actual candy-striper had me in stitches.

Mike had it coming, but still :( I'd be shocked if they got rid of Matt Walsh but nobody with Selina really likes him, does he go to work for Jonah?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jonah's campaign website is up!
https://twitter.com/timothycsimons/status/879396398235516929
Some fun stuff on there (some probably carried over from his old site) but I definitely missed this interview with a 4th grade class
https://assets.jonahryancongressman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Newspaper.pdf

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toplowtech posted:

"My Struggle: The Jonah Ryan Story" perfect in every way.

it gets updated every season and it keeps getting funnier :allears:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GigaPeon posted:

Is it just me being sensitive, or should they tone down the "Selina says mean things offhandedly to Catherine" stuff? It's like they ramped to Family Guy/Meg proportions this year.

Looking forward to more Jonah campaigning next year. Has this been confirmed as renewed? I got Series Finale vibe with all the flashbacks/origin stories.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Same with Furlong and Will. Many of my favorite lines in the show come from them but it became repetitive having that once an episode.

Agreed on Cathrine, disagree on Will, but only because it doesn't seem to bother Will in the least anymore.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This past season was the first I thought wasn't funnier than the previous one. It was still really funny but I think they've gotten about as much out of Selina as they could have without sticking her back in the WH and I'd rather have them wrap things up on top.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:unsmith:
https://twitter.com/timothycsimons/status/905800302044921856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/OfficialJLD/status/913452227104202752

• Locked thread