Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'll be watching the show because I love it but I'm genuinely uncertain how I'm going to feel about it in this new world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The idea of mocking a fictional incompetent and sleazy White House just becomes a lot less whimsical when there's an actual really incompetent and super sleazy White House occupying our attention and concerns.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Henchman of Santa posted:

The reason it was funny is because the White House has always been full of incompetent and sleazy people. That's not the problem. It's more that the comedy was rooted in DC bureaucracy and the basic functions of government, and the current administration is throwing it out the window.

But its also the basic satire thing of "turned up to 11" and its one thing to say "all politicians are sleazy and incompetent" but the Trump Administration lives at 11.

I don't know. Like I said, I intend to watch but I'm just a little unsure of how I'll feel about it. It seems like a potential shift from satire to gallows humor.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 29, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually quit the episode mid-episode. I think that was probably just because I was in a bad place yesterday and the episode felt long and I wasn't fully retaining it. It wasn't actually a rejection of the episode. But I decided to just wait and watch it later on HBO Go. I might just wait and binge a few episodes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm inclined to just wait a week or two and give it a chance to get the setup out of the way and then judge it for what comes after. Which is why I'll probably just binge them at the end of April and then decide if I like where they've gone.

• Locked thread