Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm only 3 episodes into the current season, but having watched the entire series for the first time over the past few months, it feels like it's become noticeably broader and more sitcom-y over the past couple of years. It's certainly still reliably funny, but I feel like it's reached the stage that most comedies do where everybody turns into a bit of a caricature.

Edit: to put a finer point on it, it feels like everyone has gotten dumber.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

Have you seen the state of American politics my friend?

Television is about escapism, is it so bad I want to indulge in a fantasy setting where politicians are at least competent at lying and concealing corruption?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

Selina is Elaine. She really just is. And Julia Louis-Dryfus is masterful at playing it.

Selina is a terrible person in a position of privilege by extremely lucky circumstance. We haven't seen her to have any skills. Personally, we've known and loved her for years for being an abhorrent monster.

She was never a mastermind or anything, but I feel like in the first few seasons she could at least have been described as a shrewd politician. At this point she's gone off the deep end morally and professionally in a way we haven't really seen before. That's a reasonable place to take the character, but if they plan on making more TV after this I don't know how they can pull her back from the brink.

• Locked thread