Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

is Hugh Laurie sticking around for this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Fellatio del Toro posted:

For all the discussion around Trump I expect the next season to be more of a dark comedic take on post-defeat Hillary than our current president.

This. I'm also hoping the show takes a hard left and has a super-competent president, at least from Selina's point of view.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Yeah, I thought it was great. I like that it's taking a different sort of route, mixed up the characters some. But this is probably the strongest ensemble comedy cast on TV so I'd watch them do anything. Excited for the season. Glad it's back.

:same:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Echoing what others have said. Selina was always vicious towards everyone around her but the environment made her sympathetic. We saw how all the other politicians were, no wonder she had to buckle down to be the meanest and nastiest to get to where she was. And while it makes sense for her to become even worse after losing so hard, it's harder to watch because she doesn't seem so sympathetic anymore.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

The Insect Court posted:

The scenes between Hugh Laurie and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss are great because they've got this intensity and mood that is completely different from the rest of the show but while being tonally very different manages to not seem crammed in and really provides depth to their characters. It's what make Myers seem more vulnerable and damaged and makes her much more sympathetic in all the others moments where she does horrible things to everyone in her life.

I wanted them to bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Andrew is so vile. "As soon as I heard what a vulnerable state you were in, I got on the first flight." And every flashback seemed to have him loving behind Selina's back. Based off what we learned about her father, I'd guess she married a perfect likeness without realizing it.

Also Jonah's current staff is even worse than Selina's was when she was veep. I'd be happy if either Selina or Jonah end up as Veep, with the other being president. I could imagine Jonah forcing his way onto the ticket if Selina cinches the nomination because she'd lose the general election without him.

I'm looking forward to another season. This last one was enjoyable for the characters but felt aimless and with a little too much bitterness due to the circumstances.

• Locked thread