Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

Trump killed Veep

For real, I can't even imagine the lengths the upcoming season will have to go to in order to be more comedic and absurd than the past election cycle and the current political arena in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah :smith: I will definitely watch, probably just for Jonah, but I can't imagine anything more insane than what has been going on in the country. Veep has been one of the best shows on TV for its entire run though, so if I trust anyone to make a show about the former VP/P funny, it's the Veep team.

You forgot the second best reason to always watch: Richard. And speaking of Richard and Jonah, I would love for there to be a new ongoing subplot for the two of them where they're secretly ecelebs/thought leaders of some type of altright internet nerd group, with resulting scandal when Richard inevitably blunders in his site admin duties and accidentally self-doxxes the both of them

Henchman of Santa posted:

The reason it was funny is because the White House has always been full of incompetent and sleazy people. That's not the problem. It's more that the comedy was rooted in DC bureaucracy and the basic functions of government, and the current administration is throwing it out the window.

STAC Goat posted:

But its also the basic satire thing of "turned up to 11" and its one thing to say "all politicians are sleazy and incompetent" but the Trump Administration lives at 11.

I don't know. Like I said, I intend to watch but I'm just a little unsure of how I'll feel about it. It seems like a potential shift from satire to gallows humor.

I'd say the White House/DC has been turned up to 11 constantly and continuously since GW Bush's administration after 9/11, we just didn't fully know until all the leaks of the past year, and the media didn't make it seem even worse during those years by not acting like complete lunatics themselves

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Phenotype posted:

This is very similar to Jonah secretly becoming an e-celeb when he ran a White House insider blog.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I had the thought, they could even include that as part of it

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Does that mean that Trump's gonna be the president in Veep world too, or am I reading tweets and posts about them wrong?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

mistaya posted:

Jonah's story is the more entertaining one but a great foil to Selena's death spiral. We're the Jeffersons!

Really I've been waiting for weeks for Selena to have to face the fact that she's a grandma, and also finding out the biological father is Richard Splett. There is going to be a meltdown to end all meltdowns.

if they could somehow make it work that Richard wasn't able to bring himself to masturbate, so instead got his evermasturbating best friend to supply him with some sperm to smuggle in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Great episode. I loved Amy at Selina's concession speech saying something about needing to gently caress and intern and the guy behind her immediately runs away.

I'm wondering how Amy is still working for Selina? Selina publicly scapegoats Amy to take the blame for the slave site scandal, then in the following plot reveal scene she says that a couple people need to be fired, which I took to mean Mike(who was) and Amy(who wasn't)

• Locked thread