Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

Was this whole Sherman Tanz thing in the last season? They're talking about it like it happened when she was president but I don't remember it at all.

They said at some point it was a last-minute pardon before she left office. Strongly implying that Andrew got paid for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watching the old seasons, and I'm noticing a trend of Amy being prophetic. In the pilot, she tells Jonah if he touches her he'll lose a ball. In the episode where she pretends she was pregnant, a reporter asks her if Dan was the father, she tells the reporter he's impotent.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Lots of good stuff. Richard never masturbated and Jonah didn't hit puberty till 19.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
She should really pull a Frasier and tell people to stop giving her Emmys. At some point you have enough Emmys. Let someone else win an Emmy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't think Selina's ever been as awful as these last few episodes. It's getting to be a bit much.

loving dinner at the Furlong house though, wow.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

This show has the deepest bench on tv and y'all are worried about Selina's likability, idgi

It's still really funny, and I don't think Selina's actions are ruining the show or anything.

But she's selling weapons, loving over women in South Sudan, backing enormous crooks in whatever Eastern European country that was in that other episode, voting to raise prices for cancer drugs. I can't recall her ever doing stuff as awful as all that before.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
God, Congressman Ryan is, like, too real.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I really liked the flow of that episode. Jonah loving up Selina's plans while Kent and Ben can't control him and Dan reporting on the sidelines. It was the first time this season that everyone's new places in the world didn't seem disjointed and temporary.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Orange Devil posted:

I don't think that's the joke actually. I'm nothing like Jonah yet women are also always asking each other if they're alright when I'm talking to them.

Hahaha

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

Speaking of, is Silicon Valley good this year? I guess I'll marathon it at some point regardless, but HBO's schedule got all funky and Sundays are busy.

Yeah, it's as good as ever. Still has a frustrating tendency to reset the start-up's progress every couple of episodes, but it's funny as hell.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What a great episode. It's too bad we didn't get more of Jonah and Dan out on the town.

I loved Kent's disappointment at not getting fired with Ben.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hughmoris posted:

Holy poo poo, Jonah smashing that dude's foot with the sledgehammer and the hard-cut that followed.

And then that guy steals his deal and renames his caucus something that sounds like an a cappella group.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, halfway through and this is like Veep's version of "Ozymandias."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Great episode. I loved Amy at Selina's concession speech saying something about needing to gently caress and intern and the guy behind her immediately runs away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Veep done won all the Emmys again.

• Locked thread