Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

"Ms. Hughes isn't here she's probably hanging from the rafters somewhere"

Also, you know now they've introduced an old-rear end former president that we're getting a presidential funeral sometime this season.

"nobody in congress cares about Ethics"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

this episode is so spectacularly more funny than last weeks god bless america

Jonah Ryan is the king of the first date

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 24, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"The First Chubby" is the latest in a long series of great nicknames/insults in Veep history.

Also, I'm now super excited about next week. Gimme Minna Hockanen once a season for the rest of the series and I'll be very happy.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mike and Gary are gently caress-up buddies!

edit: Minna Hokannen might be my favorite recurring character in all television

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 1, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Y'know, as much as I hate the group being all split apart (and it has really been bad for Amy, as she's really, really isolated from everyone else), I think Dan as a CBS host who can jump in, poo poo all over our favorite people on live morning television, and go gently caress some ladies later is perfect. His interview with Amy was gold.

edit: also, i watched an episode of Law and Order the other day about people who sent their dying parents to a lovely doctor so they'd die during a year without an estate tax (which is a perfectly Law and Order scenario, really), but who would show up but Clea DuVall! She was playing a lesbian in love with a woman named Katherine, and the two of them were going to have a baby. Alas, no sign of Selina Meyer anywhere.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 1, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Dan is really shining this season.

"I'm gonna save a fortune in morning after pills. There's like three girls who owe me an abortion refund"

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 8, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

PostNouveau posted:

Lots of good stuff. Richard never masturbated and Jonah didn't hit puberty till 19.

but when it did, it hit like a loving thunderbolt.

Henchman of Santa posted:

"Me too!" is the line read of the season.

gonna second this

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

oh my god the Furlong home is magical

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

this episode might as well be called "What Assholes Think Hillary Clinton Is Really Like"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Vanderdeath posted:

For real. Selina's almost completely unlikable at this point. I know she's supposed to be extremely desperate to get a modicum of recognition for her contributions but she's become so abrasive this season. I think they're also getting into "Meg from Family Guy" territory with Catherine, too.

The difference between this and Family Guy though (aside from the general quality of the writing) is that the only person who keeps insulting Catherine (and Mike) is Selena. Everyone on Family Guy takes shots at Meg all the time, this one is just Selena lashing out because she's no longer in power and Catherine actually has good things going for her.

I think Selena is getting worse, but it also makes sense for her. When she was president (and even Veep) there was a power structure in place that put her above 99.9% of everyone in the entire world, especially her staff. Now that she's not the president, she's lost her power, so she's lashing out. It mirrors how she felt about her mother (she is becoming her mother!), and if I had to guess, is a deliberate choice and not just a Flandersization of her character. Everyone on the show in her sphere of influence is getting more and more desperate because they have less and less power. Which is why Dan and Jonah, who are actually growing in stature in the world (not physically, thankfully for Jonah) don't seem as off; they're doing fine.

If there's any character who I think has been given the short end of the stick this season, it's Amy. She spent the first third of the season away from everyone else acting like the worst version of herself, and now that she's back with Selena she's just sitting in the background. I know there are a lot of characters in Veep, so not everyone is gonna get the attention they deserve, but she's not like Kent or Ben where them sitting back and making mean insults toward Jonah fits perfectly with where they are.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

hugh laurie!

edit: why are women always asking each other if they're alright when I'm talking to them?

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 29, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"I have got a White House book hotter than Nancy Reagan's Guide to Cocksucking"

edit:

"Investing with a Concience"
"Oh so it's Sci-fi."

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Orange Devil posted:

I don't think that's the joke actually. I'm nothing like Jonah yet women are also always asking each other if they're alright when I'm talking to them.

how you gonna play yourself like that

ultramiraculous posted:

Yeah DC Murderwave missed the joke.

next time i will put literal quotation marks around quotes from the show you do not think that the terrible opinions expressed in the television show are my own

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

there is no actor who makes me happier to see show up in a guest role than Stephen Root, so thank you Veep for making me so happy this evening.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

OK this might legitimately be the best episode of the entire series i have not stopped laughing

edit:
"Richard, what do you know about jug bands?"
"Everything."

edit again:
"Alright let's go to Green Witch Village!"

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 12, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

you know I was a little bummed about this episode but then Jonah's uncle showed up and everything is so much happier now.

the writers of this show really know how to do angry explicit yelling

edit: i was almost feeling bad for jonah and then he tried to jerk off with his newly circumsized dick and that all went away

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 19, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

this deserves a separate post because HOLY gently caress ADAM SCOTT HOSTING THE TONIGHT SHOW

OUR WORLD SUCKS NOW

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I wish Jimmy Fallon were this mean. It might be worth watching his interviews if he were.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"you're about as welcome in DC as Jerry Sandusky at an open call for Oliver!"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

holy poo poo Leon West is the new Mike

WAIT WHAT AMY?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

This was a lame season with one great episode and a few great moments

BUT NEXT SEASON THO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The Human Crouton posted:

Jonah vs. Selina. Are they the same party? Is this going to be a primary battle or a presidential battle.

Or is Selina going to be Jonah's VP?

Either way, it looks like the show runners know they don't have too many seasons left, and they are going to give some awesome fan service on the way out.

Oh it's not just Jonah v. Selena (or v people who will eventually crash into each other, like Danny Chung who may or may not have lied about saving a man while he was a marine).

It's Grandma Selena. Amy and Dan having the world's least wanted child. Press liaison Leon West and Night School Teacher Mike. Jonah running for president with the crack team of a convicted felon, the man who molested him, his mother, and the tiny prison billionaire funding the whole embarrassing situation. And of course, getting pretty much the whole gang back together. It is just a shame that it took an entire year of episodes to get us to that point.

• Locked thread