Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

SoupyTwist posted:

Also Uber of all companies would not give a gently caress about Ben being non-PC.

Yeah that scene completely took me out of it. I'm pretty sure I've heard worse things in the elevators at Uber HQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Esoteric Scientist posted:

On the topic of Trump presidency vs. veep/political satire:

creator of /r/theredpill revealed to be republican lawmaker from New Hampshire

I'm not sure if Jonah can beat that

I was literally trying to explain the conversation in this thread when someone brought this story up. If a storyline like that happens, I don't think anyone would fault the Veep writers for letting reality beat them to the punch on the, very-specific, "congressman from New Hampshire accidentally kick starts an awful online movement" gag.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
So I guess Selina/Ben are doing some sort of great Paul Manafort/Corey Lewandowski thing.. When do Catherine's texts leak where she worries about her baby being fed using "blood money"?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Solkanar512 posted:

That bit about the Hawaiian monarchy was loving brilliant. I love it when shows are willing to trust their audience.

It was especially great because I couldn't tell if Kent was woke or just liable to have been part of Butters' hapanoa on South Park.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

quote:

No, my legacy, guys, is me in a robe, taking guns from this guy, giving the death penalty to that guy. And they can't vote me out, right? It's for life. They're gonna have to carry me out of there with the gavel clenched in my cold, dead twat.

I believe this is an actual quote from Ruth Bader Ginsburg?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

DC Murderverse posted:

edit: why are women always asking each other if they're alright when I'm talking to them?

Because even high-level professional women literally constantly get creeped on and have to constantly have each others backs...not even for relationship-building with fellow women as much as just solidarity.

Basically:

PostNouveau posted:

God, Congressman Ryan is, like, too real.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yes :thejoke: is that Jonah doesn't realize how creepy people think he is

Yeah DC Murderwave missed the joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

I thought that was intended as a kind of double entendre, like
he meant: "As soon as I heard what a vulnerable state you were in, I got on the first flight [to support you]."
we heard : "As soon as I heard what a vulnerable state you were in, I got on the first flight [to take advantage of you]."

Freudian Slime.

• Locked thread