Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Shaggar posted:

Currently the best laptop is: XPS 15 9560.
Previously the best laptop was: XPS 15 9550.

and make sure you select the 4k one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

that dell usb-c -> hdmi/vga/ethernet/usb3 dongle you can buy with the xps (DA200) just got a fix for vga/hdmi out on linux! so now you can actually use it with resolutions larger than 720p. this was the last linux quirk that i knew about on the 9550 (although this issue was a generic problem with the chip used in the dongle)

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

so much wrongposting here, its painful

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

its like chatbots on twitter

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

libreoffice good, openoffice bad, why do people mention oracle

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

echinopsis posted:

libre sucks in that its permanently like word 2003 or something

but its ok

pages isn't bad. lmao if you have to make a document that is at all confusing

I used styles in word 2010 to make a uni prohect. I made it dominate

they've introduced a ribbon style ui now

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/02/how-to-enable-libreoffice-ribbon-notebook-bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

lol opened libreoffice for the first time in ages today to see how things have progressed

writer still doesn't have a mechanism for moving a table

it can create them, but literally can't move them

the official workaround is to save the document, close writer, open the doc in microsoft word, move the table, save again, close word, and reopen it in writer

I first ran into this in 2007 and it still hasn't been fixed

libre sucks

Cut and paste works

https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/257/how-can-i-move-tables-in-writer/

• Locked thread