Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Keep going Dubs! One day someone might notice you're there!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
RIGHT OR WRONG, I CAN’T HELP BUT EXPRESS MYSELF LIKE A BRATTY CHILD. DON’T LISTEN TO ME.

Tony Montana posted:

sa'll good man, what is some nebulous bullshit that doesn't matter is what forums users Norns and whoever that guy is thinks of Tony Montana

What is fact is Nigel Mansel was a great driver and did more for British F1 pride than someone like Martin Brundle ever did

You should re-post your "its not fair the british media is biased" essay alongside the "i hate the english and want to burn them" post.
Artful stuff.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
I noticed Dubs

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Khablam posted:

How can the one english driver you like be mansell

just

like how do you even make that up

Dude is a massive Ferrari fan, it tracks.

And yeah I read Webber's book. It's a good read, and I'm hardly surprised he both enjoyed the chill-rear end WEC and has retired satisfied.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah Webber's book was a good read.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

F1 2017:

Dubs posted:

Genuinely worried about your well-being if your posts aren't supposed to be shitposts

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A girl at the Japanese GP was wearing a pretty kick rear end Martin Brundle Benetton shirt but I felt weird asking for a picture.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Unless there is a GP weekend happening I post what I want.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

A girl at the Japanese GP was wearing a pretty kick rear end Martin Brundle Benetton shirt but I felt weird asking for a picture.

Did you get the picture

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't and my Japanese is brutal.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I can't wait for half of you to say formula 1 sucks after the first race but continue to post and watch for years to come

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Chill out you guys, have some Nando :3:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

That's the only seal that won't be broken anywhere Nando this year

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Norns posted:

As soon as the camera was shut off, Nando blew a seal.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ok that was really pretty funny :)

edit: thats the biggest smile ive seen on Nando for a while..

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

lmbo

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm genuinely concerned about the amount of shitposts I'm going to have to read when the season actually starts if the thread post rate is this high before practice even starts

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Norns posted:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'm genuinely concerned about the amount of shitposts I'm going to have to read when the season actually starts if the thread post rate is this high before practice even starts

All posts in F1 threads are poo poo.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yes but the sheer volume of them that may be to come

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The trick is to just read the first post on every second page.

If it mentions hamilton or vettel, skip ahead 2 pages and try again.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Halo14 posted:

Chill out you guys, have some Nando :3:

"Get the gently caress out of Mclaren"

Also LETS GO FERRARI!!!! :discourse::discourse::discourse:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yes but the sheer volume of them that may be to come

New F1 rules introduced for this season mean new aerodynamic shitposts (with a more aggressive look), wider shitposts, no token system for how you can modify and update your shitposts, and expectations that shitposts will be faster than ever once the season starts.

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
just coming in to say that this tony guy needs to stop posting; he really sucks at it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ok I will respond to Tony on that one because he's making Aussies look bad. I like England which is why I live here and not Victoria. The weather's not as bad as you would think, the people are nice, the food is good, the countryside is beautiful, I love my new house, and I'm within spitting distance of about 40 race tracks, even brands hatch is less than 3 hours traveling time away.
Slag England off all you like mate but I once called my uncle and said "How's the farm?" and was told "Farms flooded, but at least it's not on fire like last year"

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ausfailia.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
nah

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Thanks for the OP, OP.

Can't believe we're already back for the start of the WEC feeder series.

Doesn't time fly.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Aw man, F1 popup channel is now playing San Marino '94. :smith:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I like England and I don't mind Lewis too much although I don't want him to win but really what I hate are the British media. We can all agree on this surely, the British media are the worst of all medias.

You cannot hope
to bribe or twist,
thank God! the
British journalist.

But, seeing what
the man will do
unbribed, there's
no occasion to.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Norns posted:

Hot drat

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Carth Dookie posted:

I was going to be crude about SIR FRANK WILLIAMS but thinking about Ratzenberger and Senna made me sadface.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Right, resubbed to Sky Sports. It pains me to pay these jerk offs £33 a month but gently caress watching non-live races on Channel 4 like a poor. Can't wait to see what dogshit races from last year they're replaying non-stop until Friday.

Their wonderful new trailer for Melbourne is that F1 is "no longer a one horse race." Kind makes me angry and happy at the same time; happy that there will be some proper racing at the sharp end and angry that I've endured their terrible punditry of pretending there was an actual competition for the WCC/WDC for the last few years.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If you sub to nowTV instead then you can switch it off during the breaks and only pay £20 in those months with only two races.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

That loving race weekend :smith:

Also sports car racing is now sinking back into that time-honored tradition of booming and busting. It's not locked in yet but unless we get new P1 manufacturers and quick it could get ugly.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

There are worse things that could happen than having LMP 1 fade and having smaller LMP2 and other categories become front runners.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

If you sub to nowTV instead then you can switch it off during the breaks and only pay £20 in those months with only two races.

Yeah that's what I do, but it still sucks to be paying for all of Sky Sports channels when I only ever really watch SSF1. My other sporting interests (basically Snooker) are served well by Eurosport which I got a year's subscription for in January for basically gently caress all. £20 for the year I think it worked out as.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

There are worse things that could happen than having LMP 1 fade and having smaller LMP2 and other categories become front runners.

It's too early to call this and not the right place to debate it but that wouldn't be great for many reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Why do the races on the Fox F1 channel all sound like the commentary was recorded over a TV replay of the race? Its really annoying. Wheres Murray too?

• Locked thread