Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

harperdc posted:

It's too early to call this and not the right place to debate it but that wouldn't be great for many reasons.

I will instantly defer to your more informed opinion than my own since I don't follow WEC except occasionally watch a few laps and maybe LeMans. I only suggested it because I thought WEC effectively had an even worse manufacturer domination problem than F1 and the idea of having some slightly more bush league teams running heavily modified road missiles tickles me even if its not really plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Maybe the ACO should reconsider loving over IMSA's DPi class, which is just LMP2 + manufacturer aero + manufacturer engines, and is thriving.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I wasn't aware of that series but after a quick google search, that seems to be more or less what I was thinking about.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They should really scrap LMP1 and have some kind of modified LaFerrari/MclarenP1/Konigseiggsgge class... bring sports cars back to the front of sports car racing, like it was a recently as the 90s.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/39265498

The BBC have made an entire quiz solely to point out that Bottas looks a bit evil because he doesn't have a lot of hair and he also has eyes

E: Okay, now THIS is scary

HJB fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Mar 22, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

HJB posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/39265498

The BBC have made an entire quiz solely to point out that Bottas looks a bit evil because he doesn't have a lot of hair and he also has eyes

loving state broadcaster garbage. Next up, some dogshit drivel 'thought' piece from Andrew Benson.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The worst thing about watching the races in spanish is that im supossed to cheer for guys like MALDONADO or Checo Perez. Im glad that we now have the formula 1 channel who i think are spanish?

I love you Fernando, come back to Ferrari.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

harperdc posted:

New F1 rules introduced for this season mean new aerodynamic shitposts (with a more aggressive look), wider shitposts, no token system for how you can modify and update your shitposts, and expectations that shitposts will be faster than ever once the season starts.

I'm kinda gutted that the 'color' bbcode tag is restricted to custom avatars only. Orange posting would get tiring pretty quick though.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

I hope Bottas wins the WDC and then also promptly retires.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

wuffles posted:

I hope Bottas wins the WDC and then also promptly retires.
This would squeeze the maximum possible entertainment value out of an inevitable chain of Mercedes victories.
Maybe it could be Nando's turn next year? :shobon:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Lewis Hamilton posted:

"There is no racing achievement [that will get me to do a shoey], that is disgusting," Hamilton said. "I wouldn't even drink sweat from my own shoe.

"We've got these hydraulic fluids going down there, they're running at 300 degrees or something crazy, so it's bleeding hot. My dad would call it 'toe jam' - he's just drinking toe jam."

Despite his unwavering stance on the shoey, Hamilton admits he doesn't mind if Ricciardo continues on with the tradition.

"It is kind of cool that [Ricciardo] has got his own little thing and I admire him for having his own little thing. It is totally cool if he wants to drink the sweat off his own foot, but I definitely don't want to."

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/18962677/lewis-hamilton-copy-ricciardo-disgusting-shoey-celebration

A cool and good opinion by a good British lad. Filthy foreigners.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lewis should go on a strict diet of toe jam

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

When presented with a sweaty bogan shoe full of piss-water Lewis does what any sane, rational human being with a grain of self-esteem would do and says "get that out of my face you gurning simpleton", while Nico "I just want to be liked" Rosberg grabs it and chugs like it's the elixir of life.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

simplefish posted:

You cannot hope
to bribe or twist,
thank God! the
British journalist.

But, seeing what
the man will do
unbribed, there's
no occasion to.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

When presented with a sweaty bogan shoe full of piss-water Lewis does what any sane, rational human being with a grain of self-esteem would do and says "get that out of my face you gurning simpleton", while Nico "I just want to be liked" Rosberg grabs it and chugs like it's the elixir of life.

Lewis Hamilton is like the stopped clock of poo poo attitudes.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
The complex flavors of a shoey are no doubt overpowering to his sensitive British palate.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'm genuinely concerned about the amount of shitposts I'm going to have to read when the season actually starts if the thread post rate is this high before practice even starts

Post counts over race weekends are usually drastically overinflated and easy to skim through due to the big clumps of F1 goons livestreaming their own commentary. We've had pages of stuff like:
- LOL Kimi
- Kimi
- Remebmer when Kimi forgot how to drive?
- Ice Cream something
- NNNNUUUUUUU, Kimi!
- Kimi is poo poo
- (Emptyquote of above)
- Kimi lol

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The MWDC this year should go to whoever is the first person to accept Ricciardo's plague boot from him and then just toss it over the railing without looking.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

CratSock posted:

Post counts over race weekends are usually drastically overinflated and easy to skim through due to the big clumps of F1 goons livestreaming their own commentary. We've had pages of stuff like:
- LOL Kimi
- Kimi
- Ice Cream something
- NNNNUUUUUUU, Kimi!
- Kimi is poo poo
- (Emptyquote of above)
- Kimi lol

You act like this isn't the best part of this thread.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh cool are we complaing about the types of post the thread will see?! FUN

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

not very bold prediction: wicka will lose his poo poo at least twice this season

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He's already accepted MCLRN is dead. Bet it will take a monumentally stupid post to trigger him this season.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I'm going to meltdown this season over how poo poo McLaren is because I'm pretty sure we haven't even started to see the bottom of the well yet.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

You act like this isn't the best part of this thread.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

He's already accepted MCLRN is dead. Bet it will take a monumentally stupid post to trigger him this season.

Come on guys, this is the Worst Thread. We can plumb new depths like a loving SHITPOSTING EXCAVATOR.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Like also. If you hate the live posting during the races..don't look at the loving thread during races?

Seriously half the poo poo some of you bitch about is self induced.

"Oh God I hate every one of you " *comes back to the thread year after year.

Edit: my phone posting typos are loving horrible lately.

Norns fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Mar 22, 2017

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Like also. If you hate the live posting during the races..don't look at the loving thread during races?

Seriously half the poo poo some of you bitch about is self induced.

"Oh God I hate every one of you " *comes back to the thread year after year.

Edit: my phone posting typos are loving horrible lately.

You know, as well as the rest of us, that once you start with this thread you cannot leave. Unless you're Hefe. RIP Hefe.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I was actually about to post about missing El Hefe.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

enri posted:

not very bold prediction: wicka will lose his poo poo at least twice this season

Bannable misuse of bold IMO. Hell I was about to lose my poo poo about Lewis saying "I wouldn't even drink sweat out of my shoe" as if that were somehow less gross than champagne.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

I like skimming through the live-posting after the race. It feels like I'm some sort of prescient time-traveler; watching and laughing as folks' cautious optimism is dashed against the rocks.

"wow, Ferrari have a good shot at a podium today"

*scrolls down*

"gently caress!"

"Alonso up to 6th, maybe they'll make some points this race"

*scrolls down*

"OH NO!"

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-says-honda-needs-to-embrace-f1-culture-884671/

loving hell, Christian Horner has nicer things to say about Ferrari than McLaren do about Honda. :lol:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

wicka posted:

Bannable misuse of bold IMO. Hell I was about to lose my poo poo about Lewis saying "I wouldn't even drink sweat out of my shoe" as if that were somehow less gross than champagne.

Lewis has no taste anyway so I dunno why he gives a gently caress

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Theophany posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-says-honda-needs-to-embrace-f1-culture-884671/

loving hell, Christian Horner has nicer things to say about Ferrari than McLaren do about Honda. :lol:

I'm not so sure Honda already isn't trying to power the engine with culture...

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

I'm not so sure Honda already isn't trying to power the engine with culture...

When they described the engine as "shaking itself to pieces" my first thought was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vROdVsU_K80

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

wuffles posted:

Lewis has no taste anyway so I dunno why he gives a gently caress

nice

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

wicka posted:

While I agree that F1 champagne is probably worse than sweat, the emphasis in that sentence was on the *my* part.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 22, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

CratSock posted:

- LOL Kimi
- Kimi
- Ice Cream something
- NNNNUUUUUUU, Kimi!
- Kimi is poo poo
- (Emptyquote of above)
- Kimi lol

I too wish I hate fun.

Live posting adds something and is a time for great thread interaction.

Edit: The best race for live posting was the return to Mexico and the subsequent "WTF" posts in the race build up; especially the national anthem.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 22, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

WELL DONE BAKU was hilarious live as well. That race was hot loving garbage though.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Currently the fizzy wine in F1 isn't even actual Champagne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Edit: The best race for live posting was the return to Mexico and the subsequent "WTF" posts in the race build up; especially the national anthem.

It's a year and a half later and I still occasionally laugh to myself over the thread's collective reaction to the first time that anthem played.

• Locked thread