Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

It's a year and a half later and I still occasionally laugh to myself over the thread's collective reaction to the first time that anthem played.

That whole GP was like one big rear end sloppy party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker posted:

That whole GP was like one big rear end sloppy party.

It really was great, i loved every second of that race, the locals were having a right blast.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Mexico GP looks like the most fun to attend from the TV perspective. Aside from being super loving rich and at Monaco I guess.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Mexico GP looks like the most fun to attend from the TV perspective. Aside from being super loving rich and at Monaco I guess.

I'm eyeballing tickets for this and the US GP.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QptGg-uE8LU

Some early shots of the pit lane setup. Force India is a less bold pink than I thought, much more pastel.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

I'm eyeballing tickets for this and the US GP.

I'm still annoyed I didn't get tickets to see Taylor headline the US GP last year. :colbert:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GramCracker posted:

I'm still annoyed I didn't get tickets to see Taylor headline the US GP last year. :colbert:

shake it off.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Norns posted:

Like also. If you hate the live posting during the races..don't look at the loving thread during races?

Seriously half the poo poo some of you bitch about is self induced.

"Oh God I hate every one of you " *comes back to the thread year after year.

Edit: my phone posting typos are loving horrible lately.

Holy gently caress it's getting touchy in here. I didn't even say that was a bad thing, just pointing out that race weekends don't produce a lot of essay length posts. We better get some racing soon, before this place goes nuclear.

I don't judge you for your phone posting typos, but I might have reservations about your crippling need to be in this thread when mobile.

wuffles posted:

Lewis has no taste anyway so I dunno why he gives a gently caress

"I wouldn't drink out of anything less than a [insert trendy designer boot/shoe label here]."

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The long posts in here are almost always bad.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Alain Post posted:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

CratSock posted:

I don't judge you for your phone posting typos, but I might have reservations about your crippling need to be in this thread when mobile.

Some of us work poo poo jobs with stupid internet restrictions like me so I end up dicking around on my phone most of the day because a solid 60% of the internet is walled off.

Also a pro tip: don't Google "used VAG tranny for sale" on work computers.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

GramCracker posted:

Not sure if you were just wanting to see Taylor Swift or what, but if you (or anyone here, really) don't end up with race tickets this year and there's a show you want to see at the end I'll give you my ticket(s) for free after we leave the track on Sunday. I guess that would also apply for any of the events after the F1 stuff on the other days too. We have 2 small kids and/or dinner plans so we don't stay long after the main events for each day. Feels like a bit of a waste so I'd be happy to let someone take advantage.

It wouldn't matter for the concert, but the seats are nice and only available to people with PSLs (T15 looking down the straight before turn 12, and you have a nice view of 13 through the start of 16). You'd need to figure out your own parking though unless you also have a handicap (other than being a goon and posting in this thread). We have B Lot parking passes I could give you if you have a placard.

PM me if interested as the date gets closer and we can try to work something out.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alain Post posted:

The longest posts itt are me getting riled up and quoting each individual sentence of a badpost and crying about it.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

wuffles posted:

Not sure if you were just wanting to see Taylor Swift or what,

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
GP predictor went all fancy on us. Can we get this in the OP please?

Link to our league: https://gppredictor.com/leagues/join/58d2cc69837ee9a30306b750
Code to join: 58d2cc69837ee9a30306b750

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wuffles posted:

Not sure if you were just wanting to see Taylor Swift or what, but if you (or anyone here, really) don't end up with race tickets this year and there's a show you want to see at the end I'll give you my ticket(s) for free after we leave the track on Sunday. I guess that would also apply for any of the events after the F1 stuff on the other days too. We have 2 small kids and/or dinner plans so we don't stay long after the main events for each day. Feels like a bit of a waste so I'd be happy to let someone take advantage.

It wouldn't matter for the concert, but the seats are nice and only available to people with PSLs (T15 looking down the straight before turn 12, and you have a nice view of 13 through the start of 16). You'd need to figure out your own parking though unless you also have a handicap (other than being a goon and posting in this thread). We have B Lot parking passes I could give you if you have a placard.

PM me if interested as the date gets closer and we can try to work something out.

Definitely wanted to actually see her perform. Thanks for the offer, if I end up traveling down for the US GP I'll shoot you a note.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I hope COTA just gets Taylor to perform every year. :swoon:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

GP predictor went all fancy on us. Can we get this in the OP please?

Link to our league: https://gppredictor.com/leagues/join/58d2cc69837ee9a30306b750
Code to join: 58d2cc69837ee9a30306b750

Link updated, it didnt ask me for a join code after i clicked. Make sure to update to the new one guys.

Now im a member of two leagues called "The Worst thread", is it possible to quit the old one? I dont see how to.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Somebody on GP Rejects is called "Morbidelli Obese". It's a drat good screenname.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

HJB posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/39265498

The BBC have made an entire quiz solely to point out that Bottas looks a bit evil because he doesn't have a lot of hair and he also has eyes

I think they have a point, Bottas should be suspended until this can be properly investigated

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Some of us work poo poo jobs with stupid internet restrictions like me so I end up dicking around on my phone most of the day because a solid 60% of the internet is walled off.

My company blocks pretty much everything but SA. I'm amazed I can get brainfucked by the contents of FYAD on my work computer but something as innocuous as wtf1 is blocked for not being SEO optimised.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I'm thinking of going to Suzuka this year but I'm afraid it might affect negatively the statistic where Pastor Maldonado has won 100% of the F1 races I've ever watched live

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

God drat, the hardest part of any new season... coming up with a good team name for the predictor leagues :(

I've just realised however that there's only two letters difference between Red Bull and Rod Hull.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
On the redesigned site you can go leagues and then the join tab and enter the code. :)

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

enri posted:

God drat, the hardest part of any new season... coming up with a good team name for the predictor leagues :(

I've just realised however that there's only two letters difference between Red Bull and Rod Hull.

McLawrong Honduff. There's no point going above rivals.com puns.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

My company blocks pretty much everything but SA.

Luckily i've got the keys to the content filter for the whole county :smug:

I think id quit if i couldnt gently caress around on the internet. What are we, savages?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Theophany posted:

My company blocks pretty much everything but SA. I'm amazed I can get brainfucked by the contents of FYAD on my work computer but something as innocuous as wtf1 is blocked for not being SEO optimised.

Our company outsourced it so it results in some really stupid poo poo that is American/Britain based being blocked along with generic things like "forums" being in the URL but anything outside that is open.

It does infuriate me to no end that MLB.tv is blocked but a local sports network's streaming service isn't so everybody gets to watch hockey at work.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Theophany posted:

McLawrong Honduff. There's no point going above rivals.com puns.

I was going to go with the simple 'Mclolen' but figured it was a cheap dig, akin to kicking a puppy

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I've already cornered the market for making fun of McLaren, so you need to pick something else.

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

In as Wallymerde, in loving memory of those daft or otherwise poo poo backmarkers.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Is Mclaren a contender for a last place points finish this year?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Alain Post posted:

The posts in here are almost always bad.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

daslog posted:

Is Mclaren a contender for a last place points finish this year?

probably the only thing they'll finish.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Why would I get on my PC to look at forums? What the gently caress

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You can tell I'm off work because I'm barely posting.

Every year I forget that I can't watch the free practice sessions live because it's too chuffing early. Hopfully Liberty have some common sense, and will move the first race of the season to a place in a time zone where the majority of it's viewer base will be awake for it. Even having race 1 in America would make more practical sense.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont think that Mclaren can have a worse year than 2015 when they couldnt even get the motor to full specs, right?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I kind of want to go to Singapore, but based on cost, it's even cheaper to get to Malaysia. Might try to do the double next year...

I also want to get to Suzuka but yeah, that's a given.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

I dont think that Mclaren can have a worse year than 2015 when they couldnt even get the motor to full specs, right?

Pretty sure the car shaking apart is worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

Pretty sure the car shaking apart is worse.

Fail of design? Yikes

• Locked thread