Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Fanatic posted:

I've been out of the loop too, but judging by a forum search of his username, there's alot of people asking that question as he hasn't posted since Dec 25, 2016... :stare:

Was he really George Michael irl? Seriously I hope he is well and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

CratSock posted:

Post counts over race weekends are usually drastically overinflated and easy to skim through due to the big clumps of F1 goons livestreaming their own commentary. We've had pages of stuff like:
- LOL Kimi
- Kimi
- Remebmer when Kimi forgot how to drive?
- Ice Cream something
- NNNNUUUUUUU, Kimi!
- Kimi is poo poo
- (Emptyquote of above)
- Kimi lol

I too wish I hate fun.

Live posting adds something and is a time for great thread interaction.

Edit: The best race for live posting was the return to Mexico and the subsequent "WTF" posts in the race build up; especially the national anthem.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 22, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker posted:

That whole GP was like one big rear end sloppy party.

It really was great, i loved every second of that race, the locals were having a right blast.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Alain Post posted:

The long posts in here are almost always bad.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

Also a pro tip: don't Google "used VAG tranny for sale" on work computers.

wuffles posted:

Not sure if you were just wanting to see Taylor Swift or what,

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Nice warm day today so that I could drop the car roof and me and the missus went tearing through empty countryside roads.. im all fired up for the season opener now.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Theophany posted:

Unless you explicitly state the engine so I can imagine the note then I just don't believe a stranger on the internet :colbert:

I have an Audi TT roadster 180, 5v turbo 1.8l. Perfect for country roads

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 24, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

Can't possibly be as good as a Mk2 Scirocco 16v with blown synchros and a sunroof that doesn't close evenly.

That is a drat funky car. Reminds me of the Delorean. My friends dad had one years ago in silver. I was the only one that liked it as I was the only one that saw a Delorean. I had quite the imagination as a kid.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 24, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
gently caress Lewis and his Jedward haircut

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Hamilton being boo'd was the main highlight of this race. Apart from The shark fins these cars look great and they are ferocious on the corners. Great stuff.

For rhe first time since I started watching F1 in the late 70's I am without a team or a driver to support and I surprised myself by cheering on Vettel to beat Their Lewis. I shall not be making that mistake again.

Also Are Rossie trolling Their Lewis through out the race with tweets was great.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

HJB posted:

On the F1 page yeah, but the part that most people look at is always in relation to Hamilton. Okay bitterness is the wrong word I don't care Super Seb is back woo!

You was right the first time. He is by nature a very bitter person which is where his petulance stems from. He may not be displaying it in huge quantities at the moment, though his post race interview on C4 was borderline bitterness, but I am sure a few more non Lewis wins will provide normal service.

E: step back froggy boy we have a new contender in punchable face catagory in Ocon and Stroll.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 26, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

Last few days BBC sport has been unbearable with the Lewis circle jerk. BBC are the absolute worst for cheering people on until they win and then turning on them, and then if it looks like they are going to get beaten again they start with the cheering again. You can actually track it quite nicely.

2014 Lewis gets BBC sports personality of the year, in part because of heavy promotion for him by the BBC.

2015 Lewis gets nominated but didn't win, in fact he got less votes than a wife beating chav who was being dragged over the coals. BBC does no promotion for him.

2016 Lewis not even nominated, nominations go out before the season has ended.

2017 WILL ARE LEWIS BOUNCE BACK!

Its because the BBC has realised that he actually has no personality at all.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Lollylol Palmer makes me giggle like a little boy

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

I doubt it will happen with the loving token system gone! Just saying with new owners...

New moaners?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Where was all this Nico love when the thread needed it?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/28/f1-ch...f-6538275/#mv-a

I have no words

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

I love the clear divide in this thread between not being a Hamilton fan and mental illness.

And there really is no grey area to be had, it is a clear divide

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

TurboDrizzle posted:

You know who else insisted on starring in their own biopic? Muhammed Ali. Can you imagine if snapchat and twitter were around back then? He'd have been lewis hamilton times 10.

Ali was charismatic, interesting, pretty awesome and the obligatory good and cool person who has a fascinating history. Their Lewis has non of these

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

wicka posted:

My piss burns more than this post.

Urinary tract infections are no joke

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

What if Nico Rosberg was just a better driver in 2016? :toot:

He really was. He trained hard, worked the sims and practiced his starts. Their Lewis did none of these things.

When you even have Bernie telling you to cut partying the gently caress out you will ultimatly have noone but yourself to blame. And his tears have been deliciously salty ever since.
Rosberg did the right thing retiring when he did. It was the ultimate troll for Lewis.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

TurboDrizzle posted:

"Yes, that might be true but he WON!" :smugbert:

But.... he did win, whats the arguement here?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

TurboDrizzle posted:

Someone who has been posting on SA as long as you should know .... to read the OP :smug:

Was it because you rooted for Nelson Piquet in 2007? Because I cannot find the reason in the OP, unless it was the dreaded..... *whispers* rivals.com?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Theophany posted:

I had a quick reccy. It's all basketball and American football, so yeah probably is just as lovely as everybody says.

But why is a drivers name change to an amusing pun bannable here under rivals.com?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

I genuinely can't go along with that narrative I'm afraid. Watching Lewis go out of his mind if Seb beats him is far more satisfying and funny than fake supporting him.

There are some people I just cannot fake support. Lewis is one of them.
I genuinly supported Are Rossie though, he worked hard for his WDC and was focused all year through and you just cannot take that away from him, especially against, as he well knew, a better driver than himself.
Lewis however had slipped into that 'I can do no wrong, I am blessed, I am revered' mentality that was his downfall. I look forward to Vettel beating his rear end and his false sense of zen this year.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

HJB posted:

The one bad thing Rosberg's win did is deny us a Race To Five (Championships) battle. All those marketing opportunities, gone, just like that.

I have no clue what you just said

E: never mind. Long day at the office

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 30, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

Schumacher is undoubtedly one of the best drivers that formula 1 has ever and will ever see. He had the good fortune of having good cars, and drove like a monster.

More like he had the good fortune of Ferarri playing by different rules to the rest of the teams as sanctioned by Bernie and the FIA. Sorry this is fact and why he won so many WDC's

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

You're mentally ill if you don't think Schumacher was a talented driver

I didnt say that, but it was well known Ferrari was cheating like gently caress and were even allowed their own compound of tyres. Let that sink in. Ferrari were using different tires to the rest of the teams to keep their special status within F1.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

Is there like a mental health subforum where we can find a psychologist goon to come in and explain why all the Lewis fans are hosed in the head?

Its because of autism
:smug:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Just caught up with everyones favourite race series: I do believe you know im talking about Formula-E and what a great race that was. Vergnes radio tears were delicious.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

iospace posted:

Mods would have to read it when someone filed a report anyway, so there ya go.

Look on the bright side though, I can do thread title changes when you guys want it.

F1 2017: if you know what I mean fellas

Do it. Do it now!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

Jesus it's been 11 years since an Italian won a GP. Giancarlo Fisichella

You make this sound like a bad thing?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Theophany posted:

I think that's why so many worst thread posters love Ferrari.

You aint been round these here parts long have you son?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

wicka posted:

Yeah that exactly what I was thinking. Real kakistocratic, those folks.

The Chase told me tonight that Kakistocratic means a city being run by the worst people imaginable to run a city. I like this use of the word.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

This is just placating McLaren. They drat well know the names of the people they need to hire and they drat sure wouldn't need to advertise to get in contact with them.

No thats employment laws. Companies are no longer allowed to just ring fence people and at least need to make a show of advertising a job for equal opportunities, whether they already have filled the slot or not. We are always having to do this in the local authority where I work. Equal opportunities and all that, no room for discrimination. It really is all for show though as ring fencing still happens, you just have to look like your providing an equal platform for everyone to have a go.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

NtotheTC posted:

E: I was able to make this hideous creation http://facemaker.racing/#ver,ver,ver,ver

This made me laugh

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Holy poo poo, glasses are part of the image... thats incredible

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

enri posted:

and I was beginning to like you! :argh:

Dont say things you cannot take back

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

I must admit it says a lot about the taste and decency of this thread that everyone, including me, turned off the TV rather than watch Lewis collect his trophy and be interviewed by Brundle,

I did this too.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I like Are Maxie-boy, I really do. Hes a great talent and comes across as a really nice, well mannered young man in interviews which considering who his father is, hes turned out OK rather than a sociopath. That face though.... that loving face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

wicka posted:

Perez and Grosjean both deserve to be in race winning cars.

Perez had his chance in a top car and all he did for himself was to prove he is a good midfielder and thats all he will ever be

• Locked thread