Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I'm gonna go to Malaysia this year, it'll be my first time going to one live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Carth Dookie posted:

Bring an ice vest and rain poncho.

I'll drink lots of water and be thankful I'm not driving the race in that weather.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I'm really hoping something totally wild happens tomorrow tbh, it's going to be disappointing if the reasonable and predictable thing happens and Mercedes reveals they were sandbagging and just loving drives away with it

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I'm hype

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I'm very hype to see a Haas doing so well, too, just for dumb reasons

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I'm loving psyched to see the Grossjean so high. Anyway I'm going to bed, hopefully I'll wake up more than an hour before race time, see you guys then.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Pretty cool day to be Antonio Giovinazzi tbh

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I know they've said they'll take a look at the state of things after China and decide if they need to change the way DRS or KERS are implemented--if it's just too hard to pass, they might decide to change something up.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
GP Predictor's pop up when you leave says "League Leaved Successfully!"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
What really gets me about that is that it's not like Lewis still has to compete with Nico, and it's not like he's at some kind of disadvantage here, he has three championships to Nico's one, but he still feels like he needs to take a petty little shot at Nico.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Oh my God no please stop

I have enough of American politics in my life already and I don't even live there right now

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
But no yes okay and for the record that makes Vettel... Obama?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

TurboDrizzle posted:

The spaceflight thread in SAL is having a sexism argument right now because a scientist wore a bad shirt with sexy women on it on an internet stream. Now Alex jones in f1?

D&D is leaking.

What, the same thing from like two years ago with the guy wearing the sexy women shirt or a new sexism thing in science?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

VodeAndreas posted:

The exact same incident, not a new one.

We can't even come up with new sexist things to argue about. Innovation is dead.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

NtotheTC posted:

I was laughing at your post where you fabricated reality to produce a narrative where Lewis fabricates reality to produce a narrative.

Now you've fabricated a reality where someone else fabricated a reality and man it's just fabricated reality all the way down around here

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If Hamilton wrote poetry about how he was gonna overtake the poo poo out of people and then did it I would be 100% onboard the Hamilton train

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

CratSock posted:

The real solution has been known for years.

Also: Formula 1 2017: "Sounds bad, looks bad, all formulas are bad"

I'm pretty sure F-zero will be reality within my lifetime tbh

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I want to see Ricciardo on every podium. I wouldn't be unhappy at all if Max was there with him too.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

CratSock posted:

I think I'm going to cheer for Bottas this year. I'll have to give it a few races to see if he really is as bland and non-threatening as he appears, or if he'll jump in and take advantage when Lewis is off his game. I'm hoping all it will take is a few weeks of Lewis being passive aggressive, overlooking him as a challenger, likely being a dick in team meetings, etc. for him to get pissed enough to have a go. If their relationship gets salty quickly it will make me happy.

Netflix-type F1 service sounds like a great idea, and one I'd even pay for if it was cheap enough. I doubt they'd make it cheap enough.

I would consider this because he's Not Hamilton, but I'm kind of holding out hope for an actually fun team like Red Bull or Haas to get its act together.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

wicka posted:

Please tell me where people don't love Alonso, I would like to avoid that place.

Perfidious Albion / la perfide Angleterre / perfida Albione / das perfide Albion

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Congratulations are in order for future Williams Team Principal Baby Williams.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I'm buying my ticket for Malaysia. Is the ~OFFICIAL F1(R) PROGRAMME~ worth the US$15?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Yeaaaaaaah Dan!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Basticle posted:

I think I did pretty alright with my GP predictions though I did pick Gio to be hard charger, RIP

I was like one place off with all of mine :(

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I like Max but don't particularly mind if other people don't, which makes me the worst poster in the thread

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I listened to the BBC preview podcast at work today and they made sure to mention how dangerous Indycar is at least five times. Let me just pre-emptively pour one out for the late great Fernando "1.5 Crowns Ain't Bad" Alonso Díaz.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Tony Montana posted:

Jesus Christ. I'm not loving British. You're here all the time, are you being sarcastic?

Anyways, the current BBC 5 Live podcast goes through it quite a bit. Danny Ric openly says Indycars scare him and he'd drive in the Daytona 500 but probably not the Indy. The Sky commentators talk about it a bit and they even ask Zak Brown if they think it's an excessive risk. Lewis talks about how he's not a fan of the series or cars and the likelyhood of him doing something like that being 'highly unlikely'.

Anyway I'm an Italian born Australian. I lived in London for 2 months before deciding it was not the country for me.

I'm right about plenty of things and if I just stop openly calling people loving idiots for not realizing it immediately, I'll probably get more traction.

If your posts were any less interesting you'd be Tony Yawntana

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

HJB posted:

I said third by the first corner not thirst for a furred Horner

:vince:

That's too good for this dumb thread

Who the gently caress put the race so late, I'm going to be up past midnight on a work night. :mad:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

McGuinty posted:

Unser Vettie.

Hahaha

Onkel Vettie!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Basticle posted:

Guy who got hit no serious injuries, guy that rammed him has leg injuries but supposedly it took them 2 hours to get him out of the car :stare:

Awwww that's what you meant, I skipped a bunch of posts so at first I thought you meant Stroll/Sainz...

gently caress that looks rough. Glad to hear they got both of them out of it and into a hospital.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Human Grand Prix posted:

Wehrlein looked good this round so I think GIO may have scared him.

I was thinking that too; he came in from a disadvantage (less time in the car) and beat his teammate

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Do we care know if Lewis voted to leave or remain?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Lewis already did his own Brexit just so he doesn't have to pay U.K. taxes

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Tony Montana posted:

Milo has said some cool poo poo. He's said some loving stupid poo poo too, but he's said some very interesting cool poo poo.

Which part is the cool part? The racism or the pedophilia?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
gently caress, I forgot about GP Predictor this week. Luckily it looks like it just carries over your last predictions if you didn't put in any new ones.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Wirth1000 posted:

Russian Grand Prix Stroganoff is done and it doesn;t look like much but holy poo poo it's loving delicious!

It's just the word "poo poo" a thousand times isn't it

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

1500quidporsche posted:

I will say for the Austrian Grand Prix I will be making a lovely Jägerschnitzel mit semmelknödel and drinking a Stiegl tallboy.

For the British GP, make some extra greasy kebabs.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Has the EU ever held any vote or contest for the most popular food in Europe? That'll be your meal for Baku.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It'll be hard to decide what to make for the Mexican race since you'll already have made tacos for the USGP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Tony, have you ever considered smoking up a bit and becoming Stoney Montana?

• Locked thread