Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

TurboDrizzle posted:

You're right. The video isnt good enough. I'll add them ASAP for new readers.

The video is very bad and the "music" goes against the Geneva convention

Also, a better title given the actual content is "F1 2017: A thin excuse for jealous foreigners to bash Britain"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Norns posted:

Im looking for this British bashing or racism or whatever and I don't see it

It's not that bad for now but just wait until Lewis dares to beat Germany's Seb Vettel and the hateposting will sink the thread to a discourse level that makes Rivals.com look like a Virginia Woolf novel

poty
Jun 21, 2008

HJB posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/39265498

The BBC have made an entire quiz solely to point out that Bottas looks a bit evil because he doesn't have a lot of hair and he also has eyes

I think they have a point, Bottas should be suspended until this can be properly investigated

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I'm thinking of going to Suzuka this year but I'm afraid it might affect negatively the statistic where Pastor Maldonado has won 100% of the F1 races I've ever watched live

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Schlesische posted:

Pictured: Alonso's grin after that joke. I think he wants out guys.

Also at the same time it's hosting the GP, Melbourne is also opening it's sporting season. What I'm saying is, holy poo poo public transport is going to suuuuuuuuuuuuuck this weekend.

This was pretty fun. I don't get the people who say modern F1 drivers have no personality, these guys are all so good that even Vettel couldn't ruin it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

wicka posted:

It's pretty clear that McLaren have told their drivers and staff to let loose on Honda publicly if they feel so inclined. Alonso pretty much said nothing the last two years except for the occasional in-car outburst, but this year he has repeatedly and strongly criticized them, with no defense or mitigation coming from Boullier et al. So if they are playing up their issues, they're doing a drat fine job of it.

This is actually a sign that the team is in disarray, there's nobody (competent) at the helm. Anarchy reigns. They are shocked and disgusted by the way in which Ron Dennis, McLaren's father and soul, was removed by shady foreign interests just as his comeback with Honda was about to enter its most critical and victorious phase. For the good lads in the resistance at McLaren I have only one piece of advice to help deal with Hack Clown... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

poty
Jun 21, 2008

wuffles posted:

except this time the vehicle explodes when it exceeds 50mph

poty
Jun 21, 2008

A couple of points about the race:

1. I don't know who are all the new people who write 1000 posts a day so I can't catch up with the thread but they should stop posting, get out of the forums and (ideally) get sent to Venezuela as part of a trade for El Hefe's freedom
2. What a sad charade of a race we saw on Sunday. Singapore 2008 anyone? It is obvious that Wolff and Lauda are rooting for Vettel and gave Lewis the worse strategy on purpose, though I will admit Toto's table-punching was a nice bit of acting. If I were a Mercedes shareholder I would be furious. Who am I kidding, I bet most of them are EU bureaucrats who hate Lewis too.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Agreed, we should all believe the F1 media, they totally tell the whole story and are not fake news

poty
Jun 21, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

If there is a tier of posters than Tony and poty are on the same level and should be given the same amount acknowledgement and respect

In case it helps improve your opinion of me, I no longer think that your favorite driver Nico Rosberg is the worst driver of all time. It is now clear that Valteri Bottas is somehow worse.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

He had some sort of mechanical issue, didn't he? Hard to keep track since the FOM feed hardly shows him (I wonder why). It's sad that he has to keep dragging that terrible Renault around instead of the championship challenger he deserves

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

????

Look, I'm not gonna defend Palmer's driving here but it's documentated that it was a sticking brake issue of some sort. He's even DNF'ed on the official classifications with 'Brakes' and this isn't something conjured up out of fat air.

It's probably not his fault, it sounds like he got caught in one of those "filter bubbles" where the Facebook algorithm keeps feeding him misinformation from the mainstream F1 media

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Whitey Ford posted:

We welcome Valerie 'Bernie Sanders' Bottas to the spotlight

Valteri Bottas is Jeb Bush. Low-energy Valteri

poty
Jun 21, 2008

A trailer just leaked...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjN15MkJV6s&t=105s

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I cannot imagine anything worse than living in Bahrain. I would rather be a Rosberg fan

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Khablam posted:

A markov bot of Tony posts would just be:

"the english are bad for not liking other europeans!"
"here's a rant about not liking the english"
"tony doesn't see the contradiction!"

You really don't have to launch into a full paragraph of ranting everytime you hear someone likes lewis.

Tony, much like Toto Wolff and most Rosberg fans in this thread, has been agitated and aggressive lately, it sounds like they're not sleeping right. There must be something causing them nightmares...

poty
Jun 21, 2008

learnincurve posted:

Wild theory. Tony has expat parents or grandparents and think they are representative of the people "back home", when the reality is that all a lot of expats represent is the Australian wing of the BNP.

I don't know why Tony gets so much attention, the actual content of his posts are very similar to 1500quidporsche's and many other posters here. At least he's honest about what he's trying to say, I respect that.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Has anyone done a helmet with pictures of people they admire? My helmet would have Lewis on the front, Theresa May and Margareth Thatcher on the sides, Winston Churchill on the back and the queen on the top.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

Wehrlein is out for China and possibly Bahrain as well.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128780

He should take the hint and go back to DTM or wherever else he stands out as something other than a mediocre waste of a seat

poty
Jun 21, 2008

HJB posted:

Relevant to the thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815798

SAS finally has a mod that doesn't think F1 is garbage. At least unironically anyway.

Gigi Galli posted:

My dude, there are at least two :evilbuddy:

The EU are wasting their time if they think they are going to silence us by getting a bunch of Vettel followers to mod this thread. The facts remain the same:

1. Lewis Hamilton will win the 2017 WDC, against his team's wishes if needed
2. Gibraltar will stay British

poty fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 5, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The mainstream F1 media will deny this...

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

I bought Damon's book because it was highly recommended and so far it's boring as poo poo. He's just going on about being the son of a legend and I don't really give a gently caress about that, I want war stories and cool things that happened during his career. But I guess it's Damon Hill so I got what I deserved.

Actually it's one of the best works of literature of all time

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Yet another page full of ridiculous posts from Rosberg fans fantasizing about their driver being good. They sure seem to spend a lot of time posting here, it's almost as if they were professional EU trolls and this was their day job....

poty
Jun 21, 2008

If anyone wants to discuss F1 races and qualy sessions live without being told what to think by Angela Merkel's favourite mouthpieces wicka and Morns, I recommend the #f1 IRC channel on server irc.synirc.org

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I'm fully on board the Jenson train. Did you know that he got disqualified from a triathlon race for being too fast? hosed up imo http://www.telegraph.co.uk/triathlon/2017/04/05/jenson-button-disqualified-ironman-triathlon-championships-speeding/

poty
Jun 21, 2008

iospace posted:

Also, what would the be the hardest to adjust to for an F1 driver doing just the 500

Being asked to get fat by the engineers so you don't mess up the car's center of gravity

poty fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 12, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Swiveling cameras are a stupid gimmick that should go away.

I'll sign my posts as much as I fancy, thank you very much

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Just saw the first shot of our Lee McKenzie in 2017, the season has officially started

poty
Jun 21, 2008

wicka posted:

NBC just showed a clip of Hamilton saying he tried to run a NASCAR race during the season but Mercedes refused because they don't have an engine in the series.

If they can't sabotage his engine he could win, which goes against everything Mercedes stands for

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Norns posted:

Bernie is going to save Interlagos. Let him be a crotchety old man.

Bernie is a hero. He's Robin Hood. He takes money from the bad tracks and gives it to the good ones

poty
Jun 21, 2008

No he takes money from those places and gives it to Interlagos which he's going to buy I guess

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Congratulations to Low-Energy Valteri on what he will soon realize was the high point of his career. I'm a bit puzzled about how he did it, my best guess is that he put half of Lewis' mechanics to sleep by talking to them.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

Can someone help me figure precisely when this thread decided Bottas was actually some shitbox driver?

I was on the edge when he failed to assert any dominance over Felipe freaking Massa but it really clinched it for me when you said you liked him.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I'm watching women's cycling

poty
Jun 21, 2008

McGuinty posted:

This is loving amazing. The Toto minifig is beautiful, they captured him in smug-face mode.

But Norns, this one has a Nando minifig as well. He's operating the camera crane on the left.

He's on the screen on the right side, giving an interview while the race is going on because his HackClaren broke down

poty fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 21, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Notre Jacques posted:

"I think there are two classes of drivers. You're either an Alonso or you're a Rosberg."

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

Yeah Mercs gotta be sandbagging. They did this to me last time, then Lewis had 2 tenths of a meter up his rear end for the end of Q3.

Wow, mods?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Kilmers Elbow posted:

IANG but Lee McKenzie needs a stylist; those leggings are so bad.

gently caress you

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Of course this Brit-hating thread has fallen in love with the alliance between the Germans and the Italians under red, white and black symbolism. Why am I not surprised?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

Russian Grand Prix Stroganoff is done and it doesn;t look like much but holy poo poo it's loving delicious!

this is a level beyond puke

you can call it puke 2

• Locked thread