Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Radar posted:

But no yes okay and for the record that makes Vettel... Obama?

Vettel is Calvin Coolidge

Pirate Radar posted:

Oh my God no please stop

I have enough of American politics in my life already and I don't even live there right now

The spaceflight thread in SAL is having a sexism argument right now because a scientist wore a bad shirt with sexy women on it on an internet stream. Now Alex jones in f1?

D&D is leaking.

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNEr8EX9qvc

BAHRAIN WELCOMED ALL OF US

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
You know who else insisted on starring in their own biopic? Muhammed Ali. Can you imagine if snapchat and twitter were around back then? He'd have been lewis hamilton times 10.

Also Jackie Robinson played himself as well, and Ronda Rousey

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

What was the best era of this thread?

Remember when i got banned? Classic.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Like the fact that Rosberg won the title is supposedly because F1 is too easy or something,

Rosberg won because hamiltons car kept breaking, despite that HAM kept it going until the last lap. A true champion. How many transmission penalties? How many times did he race back from the back of the field? (i don't know i can't find the stat) That engine blow at the front of the field?

All Rosberg worked at is being a beta butt boy for the team bosses and sat in the seat until he lucked into the WDC. I won't take this Reagan-style revisionist history that says he was anything but poo poo.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Rosberg won because Hamilton's engine blew up. Saying he is lazy is all well and good but he lost like 40 something points from his car not working.

As i said, plus all the engine changes and gearbox changes that forced him to go through the field. Rosberg would never have been able to drive like he did this year.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

pik_d posted:

I love the mental gymnastics used to blame Lewis for literally everything. No he didn't get unlucky with reliability, its actually his own fault that everything bad happened!

How unlucky has Hamilton been?

Hamilton has suffered five specific instances of debilitating unreliability this year. They are:
  • An ERS failure at the start of qualifying in China, relegating him to 22nd on the grid. He finished seventh.
  • An ERS failure during Q3 in Russia, restricting the Mercedes driver to 10th on the grid. He finished second.
  • An engine mode issue during the European GP. He finished fifth having started in 10th following a crash in qualifying.
  • A hydraulics fault during Practice Two in Singapore which was cited as a critical factor in his defeat to Rosberg. He finished third.
  • An engine blow-out in Malaysia which cost him an almost-certain victory.
There is, of course, no way of determining how many points Hamilton's 'bad luck' has cost. But it could be reasonably argued that it has denied him at least 40 points this year - 12 in China, when Mercedes were a class above the rest, 25 in Sepang, and ten in Belgium when Hamilton was relegated to the back of the grid after Mercedes introduced fresh power units to compensate for his early-season failures.

My note: Lewis hamilton lost the WDC by 5 points

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 30, 2017

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

What if Nico Rosberg was just a better driver in 2016? :toot:

Well if we're speaking in crazy hypotheticals: Maybe if he was a better driver he wouldnt be the biggest fraud with the biggest boldest asterisk next to his WDC in history?

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SPACE HOMOS posted:

The best part of the F1 season this year is that Bill Burr is watching it and always has something to say about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlDQAlgqyjk&t=2169s

:same:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

So obviously true, Our Niki missed a race or two entirely because he was melting in a burn ward, and came back heroically to finish a race while he was still melting shortly after. Their James was so busy breeding birds (budgies) and breeding birds (women) that even with these massive setbacks to his opponent he still only took the championship by 1 point. Our Niki MWDC '76 for the Scud.

But using wicka logic, where HAM lost early in the year by not driving better in his incredible recovery drives from the back of the field (sometimes literally) deep into the points , how does Niki "Crispy Batter bit from the side of the fryer" Lauda catch a break for literally parking his perfectly functional car on the championship deciding race? All he had to do is score 2 points and he'd have won. That's a clear MWDC disqualification. He didn't merely "not drive better", he stopped driving completely!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 30, 2017

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

"wicka logic" is that the driver with the most points deserves to win the title because that's how titles are awarded.

I think this makes Rosberg the trump of Formula 1. He's absolutely a formula 1 world champion. F1's electoral college numbers are crystal clear, black and white fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera... He can never be removed from that list. But nobody expected him to win, he lost the irrelevant popular vote (aka number of races won) foreigners (germans) interfered in the election, and his supporters cant stop defending him with "Yes, that might be true but he WON!" :smugbert:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Can you link to your banned profile of MattDizzle please? I want to see the post that got you banned, thanks.

Someone who has been posting on SA as long as you should know .... to read the OP :smug:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

What if we substitute Mercades for Red Bull during the Vettelreich and it had been Webbah who had doubled down on the work, beaten Seb and then quit?

I guarantee you there would not be a single * or () in sight.

Thats because doubling down on the "worked harder" story, and "lazy lewis" are both figments of the imagination of the hipster members of the worst thread too cool to respect popular lewis hamiton.

Lewis puts in the work with his mechanics and always has since year 1 at McMerc, and the germans kneecapped him by giving them to fraudberg. So its actually possible lewis's hard work won Rosberg his WDC.

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 30, 2017

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I think you lot are mistaking rosberg "working hard and being determined" for "barely holding it together" and being constantly on the verge of an "I'm in over my head" panic attack for a few months on end.

No matter how much good luck went his way and how hard he tried Hamilton was always either on his tail or gaining quickly in points. He pretty much said so himself after Abu Dhabi

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 30, 2017

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

enri posted:

Ok we get it, Lewis was your MWDC for 2016, let's shut the gently caress up about it already and move on.

:same:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Here is another cool Nico story: Nico's wife gives me the uncanny valley feeling and it is possible she is a robot.

Its that dead-inside "beard" look.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It really is as simple as "More fuel". While it is true that the turbo acts as a muffler on the exhaust, there are plenty of loud-rear end turbo cars. I'd be disappointed to abandon the turbo v6 format completely.

The problem is "less fuel" is some bullshit the FIA is pushing, along with 19 inch wheels.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

Hot take: driver helmets should be exempt from sponsor logos. It makes them look poo poo, Vettel's is easily the best now he's grown out of that stupid glitter fart stage.

You mean "was forced to grow out of". I maintain that his white helmet is a protest. Homeboy put LEDs on his helmet. That kind of retarded doesnt wear off.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
What would you pick as your helmet design?

Id have to buck the complex trend and just go one solid color, like Creamsicle-orange.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

NtotheTC posted:

Then the three musketeers team of Norn, 1500 and theophany gallops in to save the thread because they haven't talked about Lewis and how much they hate him for 15 minutes are starting to get the shakes.

:lol:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

Look on the bright side though, I can do thread title changes when you guys want it.

loving do that poo poo i picked an awful one.

Formula 1 2017: The tree of liberty must he watered with the blood of Nando

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

You realise you can change the title yourself right?

I assumed as much but when i went to edit post i didnt see the option.

Anyway. Congrats forums user iospace.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Now that we're in good with the mods hopefully we can have some kind of Indian Reservation semi-autonomous status within SAS so we can say "Poois Shamilton" and "Princess Pascal"

I mean i want to follow the rules on puns but its part of the threads culture :ohdear:

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 3, 2017

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ilmucche posted:

loses whinge-a-ton

Thats pretty good! Youre getting it.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It was pretty funny seeing pascal die in person alonso style. He just gave up driving at the end and drove into a stationary object that sent him out of control.

My first thought was "well thats what you get for racing a three wheeled car. Have these kids not seen 'TopGear'"?

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The fuel flow restriction is the problem.
Period.

Less fuel = less explosions = less noise. Im sure these new engines could reach astonomical RPM (they do after all, have less rotating mass) but every shift in the entire f1 calander now is effectively a hypermiling short-shift.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
1000 BHP was impressive..... in the late 90s.

Also, the engine sound could use improving. I think a lot of it would be improved trackside microphones but they dont have the pop-bang-scream of even the 80s turbo 6's. Racecars bark fire, drat it.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

Yep. Gunna be loving crazy to see an Italian in an Italian once Kimi decides he's made enough money coasting.

He still needs more time. Perez i think deserves the next crack at a red seat unless he blows it at FI this year. He's both good enough not to :effort: around like kimi, but not good enough to challenge the golden boy. If he blows it, drop him after the second season for Gio.

Scud Studs dream team 2019: HAM in the main seat, PER in the second seat.
(i want hamilton in a fezza to happen almost as bad as i want a Mclaren-Ferrari team)

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 4, 2017

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Gotta be Ron. Its got that "Kim Jong-Il" / "Hitler" house photo vibe you see in dictatorships.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

But Ron killed Nando.

Or did we blame it solely on Honda?

((A gust of wind)) killed Nando, at least that was the official story

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Related to karting I bought a trailer for mine this year. I'd like to put a framed inspirational photo on the wall of it as a sort of "values statement". I've got it down to three photos and I want the input of the worst thread.

I've got your back, you canadian with interesting opinions you.

"Forgiveness"

"An Hero"

"Grooming"

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

I think two, maybe three. They won the 500, Texas, and maybe Pocono. Not sure on the latter. The low drag aero kit they have is great for speedways, but they don't have a good high downforce kit. They did win the only indy race so far this year though.

Could you tell me in 3 sentences why i should watch indycar instead of MotoGP?

(I already wanted to get into one or the other)

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My hondas vin starts with "3" :mexico:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Khablam posted:

Brand image is largely subconscious and goes both ways. No one is doing critical analysis and extending the logic.

:crossarms: Im not so sure.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I like the idea of frequent title changes (thanks IOS) but "F1 2017: PU trouble in little china" would be good :)

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

The overreaction to Bianchi's death, where the issue was literally don't have a loving crane that a car can submerge under on the runoff to a corner, is so god drat stupid.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

Bernie is messing with my childhood memories of F1. Sitting down to murray walker and the F1 on a Sunday afternoon with my parents, and listening to my dad yelling at the TV and then explaining exactly why all Brazilians are cheats and Prost was a driving God, or why we didn't want Mansell to win (he was a boring primadonna twat out of the car). Then my mother would potter about making princes potted salmon sandwiches, and we would have a living room picnic while we watched the antiques roadshow, which would be punctuated by random angry outbursts from my dad as he worked out a new way in which Senna had personally offended him.

The lovely dusty countries and tilkedromes in the wrong time zones are robbing my children of watching the F1 with my dad :(

Well if you euros would spend more money on sponsor bullshit they wouldn't need to go to Asia and America. Enjoy your lack of asthma and emphysema from not smoking those marlboros, you killed euro-centric F1.

As an american fan you lot are hard to feel bad for. Waking up at freakish hours to start the torrent watch the race live is part of the lifestyle :911:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgr4hVfsAEs

:italy:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've got Q1: HAM P1:HAM P2: VET P3: BOT PosGain: VES

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Spaced God posted:

E: Senna was also, like, good. Alonso is trash.

Yea i dont get the alonso thing. He's kubica good not prost good.

• Locked thread