Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

wicka posted:

Yeah, it's like, would I rather watch only 2/3rd of the race, or would I rather watch the entire race and want to die the whole time?

Why don't you #askcrofty ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Just lol if you think sane and rational discussion can occur anywhere near F1.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This bullshit narrative only has any presence because lewis fans are whining, because lewis whined.

It's the only time those dipshits have anything to say.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Holy poo poo stop

Australia is poo poo for overtaking
Why don't we wait til the cars have done some laps on a circuit that would both allow it naturally AND have a setup that allows DRS to actually help??

This sample of one nonsense is dumb and anyone going "for sure this formula is bad" is literally retarded.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

Yes,

But we've got 40 odd years of aero development since the last time ground effect was a thing so I have reasonable confidence it could be engineered to be more stable now, and track and car designs are much safer now. The teams may not want it, but I do, and I don't know of any other way to have close racing in an aero formula.

It may never come back but that's a shame imo. I realize my opinion is probably an outlier. I'm the only one here who likes Bahrain, Singapore and Monaco. :shrug:

No this is complete nonsense.

Watch a video of a car losing control with ground effects. There's no control, no ability to react. 100% of what was making the car go in a particular direction disappears and you have a 800kg projectile, nothing more.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Anyone who thinks Australia 2017 was dull, should watch Australia 2000.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

To say that about someone that out-qualified you on more than one occasion, when there wasn't a drat thing wrong with either car, is a window into just how entitled and abhorrent LH really is. His kinda spaced out persona in Australia, talking quietly like he is loving levitating above us all is also infuriating. gently caress LH, great opponent for Ferrari to put in his place.

edit: Merc please give him everything he needs and more. Bill him as number 1. Design the tub around his rear end. Certainly make sure his engine holds together. Everything. I want LH to be clear that when he loses this WDC he can't blame the car again. I think if LH had to parse he might not be the best of all time he might just have a stroke and die

This is a couple of pages back, but I wanted to congratulate you on finally making a good post.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

learnincurve posted:

This thread gets infinitely better while quali and a race are on, most other times it's like watching addicts going crazy while waiting for the next fix.

I have every GP on disk from 1975 and medicate myself thank you :colbert:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

wicka posted:

What was the best era of this thread?

When you had to manually shift pages on awful.app

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Rosberg won because Hamilton's engine blew up. Hamilton broke his car, having paid no attention towards learning how the car worked. Saying he is lazy is all well and good but he lost like 40 something points from his car not working being more lazy.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

CratSock posted:

I think I'm going to cheer for Bottas this year.

I hope his fatal accident takes you out too.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Use your disparaging remarks within your post and no one cares.
Empty-quoting / making the post about using those lame puns is kinda poor form.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Nando ousts lewis to become everyone's driver of their heart

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-survey-latest-alonso-emerges-as-most-popular-driver-887904/

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

A markov bot of Tony posts would just be:

"the english are bad for not liking other europeans!"
"here's a rant about not liking the english"
"tony doesn't see the contradiction!"

You really don't have to launch into a full paragraph of ranting everytime you hear someone likes lewis.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It sounds like he's using it to gain some extra intrinsic motivation, that's actually probably a good thing if it works.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

More like he had the good fortune of Ferarri playing by different rules to the rest of the teams as sanctioned by Bernie and the FIA. Sorry this is fact and why he won so many WDC's

This is what Rosberg fans literally believe.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

They drink something similar to red bull anyway, minus the caffeine.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The map is so when their engineer goes "double yellows between 11 and 13" they can glance and immediately know where that is, rather than distract themselves counting corners or something.
They all have it.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Theophany posted:

Hey now, 1500quid is consistently wrong about his disdain for FUTURE EIGHT TIME WORLD CHAMPION Max Verstappen so there's no cliques formed here. We just like riding horses into threads.

As a show of penance, I shall trigger warning the following loving hilarious sight ahead of the 10th anniversary of the below:

I forgot this is why he's always whining for a tyre change.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The worst thread .... gets worse?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I did see this on a re-watch this weekend and muse on how similar father and son are.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I'm thinking it's more "lets not say we thought 1 x 6 = V6 until sponsors are committed".

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If this dumb discussion is about "brand image" then people largely think 'brand name = brand name' and think little past that. Share prices reflect this mentality.

No one cares if their Sony TV and their Sony Vaio laptop are made by different 'divisions' - if one shits the bed people think worse of both lines.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 6, 2017

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Norns posted:

So you legitimately think Honda road cars are poo poo because they are poor in F1? No not every person thinks like that

Brand image is largely subconscious and goes both ways. No one is doing critical analysis and extending the logic.
Or do you not get why teams are branded by their engine manufacturer?

Ford understood this when they threw caution and money to the wall to win the Le Mans 24hrs. Their road sales and stock went up.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 6, 2017

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

There's huge correlation between brand image and the "big few" racing accolades (F1 constuctors, Le mans, etc).

Ferrari's share price has been very largely pegged to the pre-season F1 pace and peaked when markets opened after Vettel's win

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Why would anyone think Damon hill has anything interesting to say?
He cycles the same few stories on Sky as it is.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

They don't show backmarkers on TV much

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Powershift posted:

Well, maybe 1500quids next avatar will feature it.

hey 1500, start talking poo poo about are jolyon.

The flaw here is someone being a jolylollyon fan, even ironically.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Too bad the consequences for developing races in 3rd world shitholes is coming after bernie left.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

I'm legitimately surprisedthat I'm the first to comment on McLaren's abortion of a T-wing

You're not.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

learnincurve posted:

I have a big pot of tea next to me during morning races like a normal person.

same, but beer

lol if you watch an f1 race sober

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

its his second race in that new crazy beast vs sebastian our lord and savior vettel. you could see seb on the edge out of the last corner, the merc has plenty more but bottas is doing well.

There's more difference between this years Merc and last years, than between last years Williams and Merc. By far.
He can't blame not being used to the colour or something.
He's just poo poo.

Also fairly confident on this prediction at least :v:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

GramCracker posted:

I completely forgot to set my GP Predictor. Whelp, gently caress.
It's actually pretty cool and it'll use last weeks instead. Probably sup-optimal for you, but you won't be out lots of points unless you bet on MCLRN.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

Can you imagine the ratings if he was in a top line car? Like it's stupid that somebody isn't trying to make that happen.

Why do you think I wish for butt rear end to die every time I see him?

I have no loving idea why Stroll isn't doing the sane and good thing and ramming him at 200mph.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Verstappen already 7th

"just better tyres"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This is both the peak and nadir of F1

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Has anyone said butt rear end yet

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Verstappen: *overtakes 2/3 the field, including Kimi in 2 corners*

Vettel: *sits behind an ailing kimi for laps*

Crofty: "Is it that you can't overtake with these new rules?"

jesus

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

Ya but Verstappen is a divebombing cheat. I agree with Crofty on this one.

Except he just drove clean around the outside of most of the field.

Your list of excuses grows somewhat thin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Bottas STILL behind Alonso.

The biggest loving fraud exposed.

• Locked thread