Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bold Prediction: Viewership suffers as the new owners flail about trying to figure out what to do, and in their flailing summon the beast that shall end the earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

all-Rush mixtape posted:

NBCSN is showing FP1. David Hobbs on McLaren: "The whole YEAR'S going to be a struggle."

Fun facts to know and share! He owns a Honda dealership in the Milwaukee area.

So yeah, I think he may somewhat know Hondas, if only barely.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Woke up to see a Haas in 6th. :stare:

Maybe GRO loves Australia, but if they figured out their brake problems, I'm sure they'll be constantly in the fight for points.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So how many points are McLaren going to score this season?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bold Prediction: No red flags this race

I'm looking at you, Alonso.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Riccardo is cursed in Australia isn't he.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Somewhere, Brainwrong smiles.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kilmers Elbow posted:

All national anthems must die.

:yeah:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

F1 twitter confirmed that Ricciardo is out. Red Bull worse than Mclaren.

:smith:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ferrari engines doing ferrari things.

:smith:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

KMAG has never impressed me. And he seems to be getting worse.

He continued the tradition of hitting another car in Australia as the 2nd Haas driver though! :newlol: (though you could argue who was at fault for last year's)

fake edit: I hope to the gods this is the last ferrari win, because they they'll use it to justify the extra cash they get :cripes:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

learnincurve posted:

Last few days BBC sport has been unbearable with the Lewis circle jerk. BBC are the absolute worst for cheering people on until they win and then turning on them, and then if it looks like they are going to get beaten again they start with the cheering again. You can actually track it quite nicely.

2014 Lewis gets BBC sports personality of the year, in part because of heavy promotion for him by the BBC.

2015 Lewis gets nominated but didn't win, in fact he got less votes than a wife beating chav who was being dragged over the coals. BBC does no promotion for him.

2016 Lewis not even nominated, nominations go out before the season has ended.

2017 WILL ARE LEWIS BOUNCE BACK!

British news organization supports top British driver?

STOP THE PRESSES WE GOTTA TELL EVERYONE.

Though the wishie-washyness is annoying.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Vettle coming out of the pits in front of Hamilton. Camera cuts to Toto punching the table.

Like how the gently caress can you not like that?

It's cool...

Until you remember that it's Ferrari winning.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I like NBC's announcers, but their endless commercials are annoying. The worst part is if you're watching the stream you don't get the side-by-side.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Can Manor come back, please?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What if they brought Pastor back?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm neutral on Hamilton :colbert:

And I think Nando is overrated and well past his prime (as is Kimi, but Kimi at least is funny at times).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

He had a car that even his own team was saying should've been dead last into the points just last weekend. What exactly is overrated about him?

Ok, let me rephrase, Nando is a good driver, but everyone goes bonkers over him like he's the second coming of Schumi. Schumi would take that crapbox and make it work, like he did with the crapbox ferraris

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Michael Schumacher STILL has a personal trainer!

:eyepoop:

:golfclap:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NtotheTC posted:

Ostensibly the interesting part of that picture is the "Gina" label. Personally I find it more interesting that Vettel's fraud levels are so high he needs a map to get round a closed circuit.

Maps have always been a thing on race cars. If they needed a map on an oval course though...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dudley posted:

The cynic in me says there's no loving way Pascal would have missed any races if he'd got the Mercedes drive rather than being stuck with a shitbox powered by a year old lawnmower.

You're probably right. Look at 'Nando last year after that crash. He probably felt the same way.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

This thread is ruined now that a mod reads it tbh.

Mods would have to read it when someone filed a report anyway, so there ya go.

Look on the bright side though, I can do thread title changes when you guys want it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

You realise you can change the title yourself right?

Nah, only mods can change it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Khablam posted:

The worst thread .... gets worse?

It definitely got worse.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hmm... I maaaaaaaaay let it slide if the thread is in race mode. But I'll have to think about it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

enri posted:

A mod posts more than once in a single page in this thread?! Holy hell, we're doomed

:vince:

Hope you're having an amazing day!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Oh gently caress a mod that reads this poo poo

There's at least two of us :unsmigghh:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

The cars are going north of 1,000 bhp now, the fuel flow limit is such a non issue I have no idea why people act like it's crippling the sport.

B-B-B-B-BUT ENGINE SOUND!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cars with well over 1k BHP exist. They're called drag racers.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ron. Maybe with a picture of Nando next to him.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

But Ron killed Nando.

:thejoke:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:wtc:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

poty posted:

The mainstream F1 media will deny this...

Are Dan :allears:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thanks Ants posted:

Re: Honda - I could maybe understand being that complacent about testing a single cylinder and bolting 5 more on if you didn't have a track record of being a punchline to a joke for two seasons. But they don't seem to be taking this seriously at all.

Honda at the idea of getting back into F1 a couple years ago: :homebrew:
Honda right now: :shrek:

Seriously, if you watch their US ads, they make no mention of F1 but instead have an indy car on them as their "THE TECH IN YOUR CAR COMES FROM HERE!" sort of thing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

djssniper posted:

Are there any F1 related ads in the US? I'd have thought indy car would be more relevant to that market

Honestly, not that I'm aware of. I wouldn't put it past Mercedes to at least do it because of their tagline "The Best or Nothing", but I don't think they have. The closest they got was mentioning a historic race car going in an auction for X amount, BUT YOU CAN BUY THIS C CLASS FOR Y DOLLARS!

Then again, technically Merc is racing under its AMG brand, which it doesn't promote that much at all.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany posted:

Hello dreadfuls. What should I burn my next Audible credit on? I'm torn between Damon Hill's, Ross Brawn's and SIR JOHN YOUNG STEWART'S books. I've already listened to Mork Wibbah's and not interested in Are Jense's as it was a pre-retirement book. Any F1 suggestions are welcome as they calm my morning commute suicidal tendencies. TIA.

Brawn's.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

To be fair didn't they win just one race last season? It just happened to be the only race that really matters but I don't think that program is a huge success.

I think two, maybe three. They won the 500, Texas, and maybe Pocono. Not sure on the latter. The low drag aero kit they have is great for speedways, but they don't have a good high downforce kit. They did win the only indy race so far this year though.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Criteria of people Honda needs to hire:

Name starts with M
Name ends with ario Illien

Mario Andretti?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Powershift posted:

Their store brand tools are called Powerfist, also not a rivals dotcom pun.

If you're ever in canada, find a store and go straight for the surplus section. It really is better than disneyland.

Surplus = clearance or military surplus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

F1 is a gong show.

• Locked thread