Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

This is from Motorsport.com

quote:

12:24 "I think it might be the extinguisher," adds Vettel, who is driving slowly back to the pits.
12:23 "Check the moving under braking at Turn 1," says Vettel, then adds "something burst" and says there's fluid on his seat.

Maybe Ted's been drinking too much again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

He's already starting the mind games.

With the rate that the Renault were blowing up today, it's probably the only game he's got.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

What's up with Tesla hate? The Model S is awesome. While I would probably go with a Nissan GTR if I had that kind of cash lying around, the Model S would be a close second and if we end up moving to the 'burbs', I'll take a hard look at the Model 3.
Tesla has done more to advance the E-car industry than anyone else and at the same time stuck the finger out to the corrupt and antiquated car-dealer system.

Jeez, this thread some times...

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Indycar is less relevant than Formula E, so I can't see why.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

gret posted:

Had they spent that extra money on non-bin drivers/team then maybe they would've won the championship instead of being sore losers again.

You mean, just like McLaren paying $45mil for Alonso?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Tsaedje posted:

It's lovely whether it's 3 or 16, but it's still peanuts and not actually criminal

Well, it might actually be.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Tsaedje posted:

As far as I know the only person in this thread who actively dislikes Dan is Brainwrong. Ricciardo really could do with getting out of the Red Bull system as soon as he can.

I'm expecting Red Bull to be closer to Ferrari and Mercedes next year, they seem to have spent half the season adapting to not having trick suspension anymore and that really delayed their development. It affected them the most because they really relied on it to stabilise their absurd rake.

His dives are going to cause a major crash at some point. At some point, someone wont see him (or wont care) and take the corner as they're entitled to and he'll have nowhere to go.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

CratSock posted:

OK, the shirt is awful, and the hair is pretty bad, but it seems like he's just being a pretty cool dude having a good time hanging out with other racecar drivers. I'd definitely use my status to go hang out at other racing stuff.

His hair is worse than Lewis'.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

McGuinty posted:

Yeah, turn 8 is the only good and memorable part of that track, the rest of it is like one of those fantasy fan-made "ultimate F1 tracks" that consist entirely of great corners from tracks all over the world strung together, because that is exactly what Hermann Tilke did. I seem to remember approximations of the Senna esses from Interlagos, both Curva Grande and Parbolica, and Eau Rouge being included in the layout. As if you can laser scan and construct reproductions of those corners anywhere and expect them to retain the same magic they posess in their original setting (hint: that magic comes as much from the context of the track as it does from the physical tarmac).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lseNan1ODY8

I don't see what's wrong with copying good ideas from other tracks? Istanbul is one of the best tracks in the world.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

learnincurve posted:

Don’t ever use washing up liquid or other detergents on the bowl and tools you intend to whip egg whites with, they will never go fluffy.

Lol. Are you on drugs again?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

So, Lew told Vettel not to disrespect him again:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/133125/hamilton-warned-vettel-over-disrespect

Or what? He'll start singing?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

I thought all thanksgiving food was garbage until I became an adult and gained enough perspective to realize that my grandmother is a lot of things but a good cook isn’t one of them

I can’t understand hating even lovely mac and cheese though wtf

My mother taking over the Xmas cooking from my grandmother was celebrated in the whole family.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

So, you had Mac & Cheese for Thanksgiving?:D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

See, I can accept Mac&Cheese as a side dish, but it's simply too greasy for a main meal.

• Locked thread