Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

McLaren are poo poo.

I think this is the 4th or 5th time you've got the first post. Impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Montana posted:

Yeah the 14B is the active-suspension beast that took Mansell to the title?

So the 13B is the same car without the cool toys?

Oh, Aussies with Foxtel.. the 24 hour F1 channel is in full swing. Spent much of last night watching Senna eat up Prost and track marshals doing hilarious stuff that would never fly now.

Is Tamiya good? I don't know anything about models, but it could be cool. Are they worth more than the lady is asking? They're right near where I live, I'm sure I can go back and they'll still be there.

Nice models. The 13B is an entirely different design from the FW14. It was the last Williams with a manual gearbox. Passive suspension. It was a good car but somewhat ungainly.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't think it was just bowing to Prost, Barnard ignored driver feedback alot of the time and the car had been designed with Prost's driving style in mind so Keke had a rough go making the tires work. Then Elio died and I'm pretty sure that was the thing that made Keke retire. When Keke poked his head up last year he actually mentioned that he confronted Barnard about it years later and Barnard just went "lol sorry mate, I was thinking about my move to Ferrari".

It was also comparatively old. 3 years is a really long time to use the same design. Also the Porsche engine simply wasn't up to snuff.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Criticize Keke's move all you want, it isn't nearly as dumb as Derek Warwick's career choice.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gret posted:

Honda messed up by not including VTEC in their F1 engines IMO.

It's banned.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Although, strangely, their latest sports car doesn't have it....

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thanks Ants posted:

I think the majority of them are going to look decent out on track. Maybe not the pink Force India.

That's the best looking scheme.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Montana posted:

When the popularity contest poo poo stops all we are left with is how they drive and I can't say I've ever watched Lewis drive a race car and thought he was a numpty.

Did you watch 2016?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

This is legitimately a great looking car.

They are the best looking cars in quite some time. Since at least the late 00s.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Montana posted:

No, comon. You don't have to like Seb just like Lewis, but you can't deny he is a poo poo hot F1 driver.

Remember the time Lewis Hamilton lost the WDC to Nico Rosberg? Very poor showing.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of the late 00s imagine a bizzare alternate universe where the BGP001 was actually the SA09 and Takuma Sato became world champion? I can dream.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't mind Ferrari Seb. Also he can sometimes be a chill guy.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TurboDrizzle posted:

You know who else won WDC* in a newey car? Mansell, Villeneuve and Hill.

Mansell is a dumbass but he's much, much, better than the other 2 and could actually hold his own against the greats if the car was right.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Rosberg: I'm retiring :troll: :master:
Hamilton: :qq:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Khablam posted:

How can the one english driver you like be mansell

just

like how do you even make that up

Yeah there are a lot of better choices. On a personal level Lewis is more tolerable than Mansell (just).

I do have a lot of respect for Mansell's driving style though. I can always appreciate an aggressive and fast driver even if they break the car all the time or blow championships on more than one occasion.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A girl at the Japanese GP was wearing a pretty kick rear end Martin Brundle Benetton shirt but I felt weird asking for a picture.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Unless there is a GP weekend happening I post what I want.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't and my Japanese is brutal.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ausfailia.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Somebody on GP Rejects is called "Morbidelli Obese". It's a drat good screenname.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think the MCL32 will be as bad as the MP4-30 but who knows.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Lol. That's good.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Great expression Fernando.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Uhhh, do you expect him to say the down on power engine that shakes itself apart is really good?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He said the engine was down on power and that they didn't meet their targets.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The engine has fundamental design issues that cannot be rectified in 2 weeks, or even before mid season. I expected reliability issues and it looks like I was right.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

"Our new engine is AIDS. 69." - Ron Dennis

He died.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Honda is eating a bunch of hamburgers off the bathroom floor at this point.

Teppanyaki from the dumpster, bathroom floor burgs would be 2016 Renault power levels.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No I think it's at full power it's just poo poo. They can develop it now, though.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if it's actually faster than the Sauber.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Oh baby.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Stroll #1.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bring on the aero fuckery again.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

The Honda still doesn't sound right. it sounds like its running too rich or something.

To be honest, I didn't think it would even make it this far into FP1.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Just make the entire car elastic. Problem solved.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

It honestly seems like they've taken a step back from last season.

This is what happens when you design a brand-new engine from scratch because you wasted 3 years on a very lovely concept. Also you didn't hire anyone that had experience with this formula and also you don't listen to your consultants.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
We can add the 2015-2016 Honda Engine to the list of ultra-compact engine designs that don't work.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Is this just a hobby for Honda?

This has been the rationale for all of their F1 programs. It was extremely successful once, but not so much other times.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Their Indycar engine is actually good, as opposed to bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Also, I think we can all agree now that McLaren were not hiding anything, they were in fact fully aware of how bad Honda hosed up and are sincerely considering dropping them.

I don't think anybody thought McLaren was hiding anything from day 1 of testing.

• Locked thread