Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Thanks Ants posted:

Has anybody watched races on NowTV, and is the quality decent enough?

Yes and Yes. Makes me wonder what I was paying for HD for. It's slightly worse quality than HD on the big TV but identical on the iPad.

Serious post: I've periodically asked about hefe in the venezualia thread, he got into a slap fight and a short probation in there and they are hoping that he's just taking a forum break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ok I will respond to Tony on that one because he's making Aussies look bad. I like England which is why I live here and not Victoria. The weather's not as bad as you would think, the people are nice, the food is good, the countryside is beautiful, I love my new house, and I'm within spitting distance of about 40 race tracks, even brands hatch is less than 3 hours traveling time away.
Slag England off all you like mate but I once called my uncle and said "How's the farm?" and was told "Farms flooded, but at least it's not on fire like last year"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If you sub to nowTV instead then you can switch it off during the breaks and only pay £20 in those months with only two races.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
GP predictor went all fancy on us. Can we get this in the OP please?

Link to our league: https://gppredictor.com/leagues/join/58d2cc69837ee9a30306b750
Code to join: 58d2cc69837ee9a30306b750

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
On the redesigned site you can go leagues and then the join tab and enter the code. :)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You can tell I'm off work because I'm barely posting.

Every year I forget that I can't watch the free practice sessions live because it's too chuffing early. Hopfully Liberty have some common sense, and will move the first race of the season to a place in a time zone where the majority of it's viewer base will be awake for it. Even having race 1 in America would make more practical sense.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Watching it on TV now and my sweet lord that is a lot of facial hair on one screen. Seb's neckbeard is quite something to behold in 42' HD.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh. They changed the press conference format. Two sets of four. The second one is the losers table.

Massa looks really pleased to be sat next to Stroll.

Edit: oh poo poo, Stroll has a lisp.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Thanks Ants posted:

Is anyone else watching on NowTV and finding that the quality is atrocious compared to watching last year?

Mine is slightly better because my broadband is much faster at the new house. It used to fluctuate a lot with any on screen writing being fuzzy and clear, now it's all sharp. I did notice a problem with running the box and the ipad app at the same time on the same wireless box though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My bold prediction is that Pat is going to get Ted punched.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis was on a softer tyre. What you didn't see was that Red Bull have put the new aero bits on the car and they are sliding all over the track.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Kilonum posted:

Eh, in the end, they turned on the Germans.

Only country to fight successful campaigns against both sides in the war.

I think Russia might qualify for that one as well.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Only thing we actually learned today was that:

1. Red Bull should have stuck all the new aero bits on the car during testing, because trying to be too clever has left them with an undrivable car in FP2.

2. Palmer is a bit poo poo. He over corrected when the back end got away from him, thought he had saved it and then binned it into the wall because he didn't try to save it when it went away from him again.

3. Haas really need a new break supplier.

4. Pat is actively encouraging Ted to talk to people at inappropriate times.

5. Boring McDull must have compromising photographs to still be in a job but crofty saying "I'm sorry they didn't ask you to drive for them" (Williams) "...." "anyway, moving on" was chuffing hillarious

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I started watching FP2 live with about 50 mins on the clock and something had happened. They were talking about hass switching supplier for the next race.

E: no real point watching free practice until we know the true pace of the cars, only reason to is if you missed seeing the ideas of the cars during testing or want to have a good laugh at ocon's car and helmet combination.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 24, 2017

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That reminds me of a really old ford transit van I once owned. "If the clanking gets really loud then get ready to open the box under the gear stick and hit things with this hammer until it changes gear"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Posting UK times because I have it open on another tab.

Saturday: Qualifying 5am

Sunday: track parade 4:30 am. pit lane live 5am. race start 5:30am

Yes this factors in the clock change.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidporsche posted:

You guys know the official F1 website gives you the session start times in your own time zone right?

It bloody well does not for me. I spent nearly two weeks thinking it was on at 4pm and planned a house decoration around the wrong times. :shakefist:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Morning all. It's being shown on Sky sports 1 as well.

You had one loving job Sky.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I thought a crash had happened turns out Whirrline isn't fit enough to drive the new cars.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Theophany posted:

Martin Brundle's ballsack is bursting out of his chinos. Here we go Sky Sports.

Those really are weardly tight.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have a toast rack Ike that barge board.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have never seen the pit lane that full with people, liberty must have drastically increased the number of paddock passes or way more people have bought them than usual.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I will grudgingly admit that Lewis' hair actually looks good in this interview and less like someone glued road kill to his head.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Can I just say how lovely it is to be posting here today, I had a minor meltdown a week or so ago because I was moving house*, and didn't think I'd be ready in time for the start of the season. :)

*I have four teenage children, four.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Carth Dookie posted:

Well shame on you for sticking it to your wife consistently for years.

:smithicide:

I'm the girl in this relationship. Two of them are my nieces who I've adopted - four teenagers three year age gap, and three of them are girls.

Suddenly 5am F1 with no one else up does not seem to bad.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That's a lovely overhead shot, stands are packed as well.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I found a timing screen. http://www.sofascore.com/formula-1

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Really liking the fact that Q1 ended and I have no idea who did what because of no timing graphics.

Quoting for a new page http://www.sofascore.com/formula-1

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Theophany posted:

Nah, that's Max Chilton.

Actually it turns out that the Manor was poo poo all along. Our Max had a really good season in indicar the year after.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I wonder where Renault would have finished last year if both their drivers hadn't have been completely poo poo.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis' tyres were new all along.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I gasped when I saw the 0.002 difference between Seb and Bottas.

Starts are harder this year: There is hope!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

itsjustdrew posted:

How is your birb?

Attacking her bell which is what she does to display what a big strong birb she is.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Let's not forget that Mercedes turn it up in quali because they assume they will will be out front in clean air which will allow them to zoom off into the distance, when put behind an equally matched car they suffer from the heat more than others. Lewis couldn't handle the start procedure last year, given the lack of sim time he's had he's going to really struggle this year now it's even harder.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If there is a god then Lewis will gently caress up the start and Bottas will rear end him.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I can see them fighting now. Seb seems to have the edge on Bottas and with the way Lewis keeps loving up his engines, consistently being second and waiting for Lewis' engines to start blowing up might be enough to win this one.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
:D :D :(

Bottas looks genuinely pissed off rather than the usual Finnish pissed off.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Watch quali Dubs, they have genuinely caught up. The comedy this year is now from Stroll being unbelivaby poo poo, and Red Bull being royally pissed off at Renault all season long part 2.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Traditionally we are allowed this brief period of hope between quali and the race before our team/driver royally fucks it up for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Haas, average, K-mag average, Grossjean outstanding.

This is a man who managed to get a dog poo poo Lotus on the podium and then and got drunk with the bailiffs after.

• Locked thread