Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

Has anybody watched races on NowTV, and is the quality decent enough?

It's not full HD but it's cheaper than buying Sky Sports any other way. It's how I watch my F1 - through a Roku box and 720p is good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Bit of chat if you can stomach Sky Sports dolly bird Natalie Pinkham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9eZbiuqCE4

McLaren and Honda's contract is to 2024. I feel like that is a worthy addition to the "this is a thing that actually happened" thread. We got any guesses on how long until Hack Clown backs out of the Honda deal and goes begging to Mercedes?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Carth Dookie posted:

What about Rosberg senior?

I thought he more or less retired with dignity and kept out of the spotlight until his boy won it and he finally came out of whatever bunker he was hiding in to comment before dropping a smoke bomb and disappearing into myth again.

He left Williams to go an race around in a McLaren almost as lovely as the current one, bowing to Prost's #1 status. I'm willing to forgive him that because he is the archetypal 'zero fucks given' F1 racer.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 21, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Gonna be pissed if I get up early on Sunday morning and don't see this at the end of the race:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

...off at the first corner

Taken out by the upside down Williams of Lance Stroll.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

When Keke poked his head up last year he actually mentioned that he confronted Barnard about it years later and Barnard just went "lol sorry mate, I was thinking about my move to Ferrari".

I missed that - interesting tidbit!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

Im looking for this British bashing or racism or whatever and I don't see it

McLawrong being run by Hak Clown is quintessential Britain bashing.

CratSock posted:

Killiams Martini F1 Racing, murdering drivers since 1994.

Frank Williams likes to relive his most an heroic moment vicariously through his drivers.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

It's not that bad for now but just wait until Lewis dares to beat Germany's Seb Vettel and the hateposting will sink the thread to a discourse level that makes Rivals.com look like a Virginia Woolf novel

We've done it to death that the general dislike for Hamilton has nothing to do with the fact that he is a good F1 driver, it is all to do with the fact that he is the Keeping Up With The Kardashians of F1.

I'm a Brit and if he had a loving personality transplant I'd probably like him. At least Vettel has a sense of humour and has entertaining meltdowns. Hamilton just becomes an insufferable, churlish little shitweed.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Carth Dookie posted:

Aw man, F1 popup channel is now playing San Marino '94. :smith:

I was going to be crude about SIR FRANK WILLIAMS but thinking about Ratzenberger and Senna made me sadface.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Right, resubbed to Sky Sports. It pains me to pay these jerk offs £33 a month but gently caress watching non-live races on Channel 4 like a poor. Can't wait to see what dogshit races from last year they're replaying non-stop until Friday.

Their wonderful new trailer for Melbourne is that F1 is "no longer a one horse race." Kind makes me angry and happy at the same time; happy that there will be some proper racing at the sharp end and angry that I've endured their terrible punditry of pretending there was an actual competition for the WCC/WDC for the last few years.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

If you sub to nowTV instead then you can switch it off during the breaks and only pay £20 in those months with only two races.

Yeah that's what I do, but it still sucks to be paying for all of Sky Sports channels when I only ever really watch SSF1. My other sporting interests (basically Snooker) are served well by Eurosport which I got a year's subscription for in January for basically gently caress all. £20 for the year I think it worked out as.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

HJB posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/39265498

The BBC have made an entire quiz solely to point out that Bottas looks a bit evil because he doesn't have a lot of hair and he also has eyes

loving state broadcaster garbage. Next up, some dogshit drivel 'thought' piece from Andrew Benson.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

When presented with a sweaty bogan shoe full of piss-water Lewis does what any sane, rational human being with a grain of self-esteem would do and says "get that out of my face you gurning simpleton", while Nico "I just want to be liked" Rosberg grabs it and chugs like it's the elixir of life.

Lewis Hamilton is like the stopped clock of poo poo attitudes.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

He's already accepted MCLRN is dead. Bet it will take a monumentally stupid post to trigger him this season.

Come on guys, this is the Worst Thread. We can plumb new depths like a loving SHITPOSTING EXCAVATOR.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-says-honda-needs-to-embrace-f1-culture-884671/

loving hell, Christian Horner has nicer things to say about Ferrari than McLaren do about Honda. :lol:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

I'm not so sure Honda already isn't trying to power the engine with culture...

When they described the engine as "shaking itself to pieces" my first thought was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vROdVsU_K80

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Some of us work poo poo jobs with stupid internet restrictions like me so I end up dicking around on my phone most of the day because a solid 60% of the internet is walled off.

Also a pro tip: don't Google "used VAG tranny for sale" on work computers.

My company blocks pretty much everything but SA. I'm amazed I can get brainfucked by the contents of FYAD on my work computer but something as innocuous as wtf1 is blocked for not being SEO optimised.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

enri posted:

God drat, the hardest part of any new season... coming up with a good team name for the predictor leagues :(

I've just realised however that there's only two letters difference between Red Bull and Rod Hull.

McLawrong Honduff. There's no point going above rivals.com puns.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ukle posted:

Hamilton: Yeah and not Honda

:holymoley:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I do enjoy these videos but I find the weird sexually aggressive comments rather unnerving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43JvRjeE7BM

Rottensteam posted:

I want to drink Pinkhams pee and eat her boogers

Jeremy Johnson posted:

Rottensteam Can't forget that farthole

:wtc:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

In fairness to the guy, I'm pretty sure he has a more intimate understanding of Nicole Sherzinger's anatomy than anybody else here.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

The McLaren has an interesting little flap in front of the rear tire, apparently in lieu of tire slots:

Definitely looks planned and definitely not an afterthought that has been superglued to the floor.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

It clearly is planned, actually. Every team, including McLaren, has been using tire slots in that area for some time. It's not like they just forgot about it.

It appears you took my joke mocking of McLaren rather seriously. You're like two missed jokes away from a meltdown dude, chill the gently caress out.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
One more day and the tension relief will be glorious.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Are you getting banned tomorrow?

If a moderator pops their head into the thread, probably.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

enri posted:

Two. Qualifying is too much of a tease to really count.

True, but we'll have a good idea after quali if the race is going to be a case of the Mercs just sodding off down the track and Bottas being a compliant #2 driver.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Goddamn it these testing times are just making the balls bluer and bluer.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

simplefish posted:

By the way, when I was buying a domain for my crappy blog, I also bought assf1.com

I don't really know what to do with it. I could just put lots of pictures of grid girls' (and drivers'?) bums on there but tbh I'm not a sleaze toad. So if any of you have any good ideas, I'm listening. Maybe something to do with Haas?

Sound of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

With a huge image of Lance Stroll's face filling the page.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wuffles posted:

holy lmao where do you even start with those pictures

Hamilton as a dour, 80's Eddie Murphy or the fact that that's the most flattering picture of Verstappen I've seen

They sure captured Kimi's "essence" though; I can't tell what's flatter, that photo or his personality

edit: Daniil "Moai" Kvyat

Wherlein is pretty accurate.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

All is well now.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

That reminds me of a really old ford transit van I once owned. "If the clanking gets really loud then get ready to open the box under the gear stick and hit things with this hammer until it changes gear"

Yeah but an old wanker of a Transit is still fit for purpose. Based on all evidence thus far 3 years of McLaren Honda are still shitboxes from day one. It's a goddamn shame that they haven't been competitive throughout a season since the early 2000s.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

The last avatar I bought got replaced like a day after I bought it, it's funnier seeing what people come up with at this point. The Ron one was my favorite but the Highlander quote is a nice touch to this one.

I thought it was you that compared Stroll to Are Jacques (:canada:) with the Highlander strapline? Or did I spend :10bux: on misattributing it? Either way, those amazing driver pics were too good an opportunity to not buy an av.

GramCracker is next on my poo poo list. I'm sick of seeing sexy Fernando nonchalantly wink at me.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

Posting UK times because I have it open on another tab.

Saturday: Qualifying 5am

Sunday: track parade 4:30 am. pit lane live 5am. race start 5:30am

Yes this factors in the clock change.

Goodpost. Thank you.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Nice warm day today so that I could drop the car roof and me and the missus went tearing through empty countryside roads.. im all fired up for the season opener now.

Unless you explicitly state the engine so I can imagine the note then I just don't believe a stranger on the internet :colbert:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wuffles posted:

I was watching the KU game last night and they had a Honda commercial come on where at the end of it the doofy spokesman guy is like "...and at Honda we build engines like this" and the camera pans over to an Indy Car that peels off into the sunset. It felt like a massive troll and I hope they buy ad space for it during the F1 broadcasts all season. I could not stop laughing.

It'd be interesting to see how their IndyCar V8 'de-tuned to not lunch itself' competes with their V6 'brick in a washing machine.' For all the terrible press they're getting I've loved the Hondas I've owned for their ridiculous against the prevailing wind manufacturing ethos, infuriating as it often is.

I even got rid of my absolutely brilliant diesel Honda (their first diesel, one of the finest diesel engines ever mass produced) to switch to a BMW V8 because BMW are the engine savants and I've always held their V12 M12 in the highest regard. It was like going from a happy marriage to an abusive relationship.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

keevo posted:

I don't think it starts at half past. My calendar says it starts at 1am EST.

Pit lane live on SSF1 is 1 hour long, so it starts at 6am UK time.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I did not.

Also the 'expert's predictions' are still not available on GP Predictor. What gives?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
It's repeated around midday is my rule of thumb if the boozing precludes me from getting up at a weekday time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

They are predicting rain for quali :rms:

gently caress it, I'm not getting up then. I want balls to the wall quali pace to see the pecking order. I've already seen Stroll wipe out in junior formulae numerous times.

• Locked thread