Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

"Ah you think wetness is your ally? You merely adopted the water. I was spawned in it, metamorphosed in it. I didn't see the bank until I was already a pollywog, by then it was nothing to me but drying!"

-Max Verstappen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

Okay I changed my mind Lewis fans aren't that bad.

now now let's not say things we can't take back

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

wicka posted:

I watched every second of that video.

:same:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

iospace posted:

I mean, look at how well the Kyvat/Verstappen swap paid off for RBR.

That, and as I've said before here, Mercedes had a bargaining chip with Williams in the form of engines.

Did they even bother showing what happened to Kvyat in China? I'm not even sure the announcers on NBCSN bothered to say anything about it or go to a replay, just a quick cut of him peeking his head above the tire barriers. He's gotta be done after this year if not sooner.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

learnincurve posted:

I started taking notice of Ocon when Force India went pink and the kid had the balls to roll up in this helmet:

That's a sweet helmet though. Over the weekend someone (the reverend?) posted about how the FI should be bright pink and I was going to suggest it needed glossy hot pink accents on a flat matte pink field with just a touch of black and white highlights but that was far too many words for phone-posting.

Didn't realize I could have just said to copy Ocon's helmet for the car.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Roller Coast Guard posted:

So this in F1 form, more or less?

Not quite, still primarily the flat pink it currently is, just with accents like what's on Ocons helmet instead of gray/red and bland black it has now

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

how the gently caress do you even get a husky/Pomeranian mix, wth??

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Do you get the little guy a step-stool or what cause it doesn't work the other way around at all

What's the next retarded big dog/tiny dog designer mutt? A Great Pekingese?

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Icarus flew a little too close to the sun RIP :angel:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'm sure if the winner of the Bathurst 1000 didn't eat a poisonous spider people would be chucking shoes at him.

lmao

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

When reached for comment, Alonso's biggest rival, the MCL32, stated that it still plans to attend Monaco regardless of Alonso's decision, but could not say for how long.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Also according to the 2017 drivers' standings, Alonso isn't even in Formula 1 this year so :shrug:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

lmao

"There are two kinds of scuds, my friend. Those that come in by the car; and those that come in through the desert."

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Get him on suicide watch

He's made his plan and he's gonna follow through with it at the 500

Motorsport seppuku, rip Alonso again

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I wonder why Alonso wants to run the 500?

He's ready to jump off this mortal coil

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

HJB posted:

I said third by the first corner not thirst for a furred Horner

:eyepop:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

I seriously cannot wait for that album to drop 🙏

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Don't sign your posts

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

Afraid of a little competition?

bwoah

calling it now, Hamilton and Bottas wheel to wheel by first corner, Lewis makes an aggressive move at T1 and Bottas bitches out and loses an additional place to Vettel as a result

Stroll and Palmer to make a poo poo sandwich together T1 as well

wuffles fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 16, 2017

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Kilmers Elbow posted:

She's with child you sick bastard!

it's okay, he's busy crashing his toy cars

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

#mindgames

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

HJB posted:

Not really, early on he was making those gains but after that initial burst he was only around a second faster per lap, and eventually there were more seconds than laps. There was one lap when he was something like 1.8 seconds faster when Vettel hit traffic but he was never in danger barring a failure.

I got the impression that until Lewis cut the gap down to 5-6 seconds that Vettel and Ferrari were not just saving pace for Vettel's sake but to dangle the prospect of a challenge for the win in Hamilton's face hoping he'd push the car too hard or make a mistake in his fervor to close the gap.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Wirth1000 posted:

I just saw what Max said.... He's gonna get loving lynched in Brazil.

Good thing he didn't say something similar about Lewis although that would just mean he'd be treated like a living God in the US Grand Prix.

why would they treat him like a god at the US Grand Prix? its not like they're racing at Texas Motor Speedway

a lot of people seem to like Lewis, at least those that turn up at CoTA or are in Austin for the weekend.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm not a nerd, what is the link between video games and hating south america?

They have their own servers where they'd get decent latency and play with people who speak their language, but instead insist on playing on US servers and still speak only portugese unless you suggest they play even a minor part of their game differently, then they'll swear at you in really bad broken english.

Everything else is typical online gamer poo poo, but they like crank it up to 11 with all of that added on top. See also; russians in DOTA but swap portugese for "cyka blyat"

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

My wife is currently scouring ebay for good deal on a 67' GT350 fastback project for the next money pit :ohdear:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Tony Montana posted:

It's secondhand. All my cars are secondhand. Not old, but I don't ever buy new. That crazy deprecation is the societal tier a few above me still, I can't rationalize that much cash just to have the new one.

Yeah, never buy new and never keep a BMW past it's warranty. Shits crazy.

We've only ever purchased one brand new car between us my wife's 2016 GT350

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Tony Montana posted:

holy poo poo. I googled at a 2016 GT350, that's your wife's car? That is a loving beast. Dunno how it goes around corners, but it looks like it'd pull like a motherfucker.

It corners really well but its tail happy for sure. Then again, so was the 01' M coupe (with the s54) she sold to buy it. The exhaust note on that voodoo v8 is incredible :allears:

She looked at R version but it didn't have a backseat...so she just got all the R upgrades minus the stupidly expensive carbon fiber wheels since we're not really looking to set record laps at the track. Then they decided to offer the GT350R with a backseat in 2017 :negative:

Powershift posted:

Your wife sounds pretty awesome, is she single?

I'm a lucky man. She has a sister though also married

edit2 better link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtdtGgf1BF0&t=612s

wuffles fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 18, 2017

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

what the gently caress happened in here? clearly 2 weeks is too long between races for this thread.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Norns posted:

You're drinking weeds

*mows lawn and tosses the clippings into a cup of hot water*

"Brilliant!"

- a British person

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Jesus Christ Honda. Happy for Bottas' first win even if he seemed largely indifferent about it. That Massa poo poo was hilarious, especially his interview about it after the race. Sebastian Vettle is a good egg. Lewis Hamilton is shook as hell. Eddie Jordan should do all the podium interviews.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

The Running Stroll Toll: 1 Carlos Sainz, himself 6 times, and the spirits and livers of all Canadians and Williams fans across the globe

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Norns posted:

There's no way Bottas holds this together

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

They just said ain't poo poo happening for half an hour

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

look at max verstappen over here, granny shiftin, not double clutching like he should

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

you can't triple clutch a double clutch

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

I think there's a far greater underlying issue than his cocaine usage and I'm just waiting for him to causally drop whatever bombshell that will be on us.

bipolar II

e:

Theophany posted:

You're laying cable all over this thread.

devastating

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

iospace posted:

I use a pair of Tifosi shades. I should probably get a new pair soon as one of the lenses is really scratched up, but I can't bring myself to do so.

Try contacts? That's what I do.

I don't think that's going to do anything for the hairline tbh

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

McLaren have done a good thing

That looks like the work of the same guy who did those awesome art deco F1 posters they had for sale last year. I contacted him to see if I could commission him for a Spa poster to match the ones they were selling and seemed to indicate they were going to do some more work for F1 in 2017. This could be part of it. His name is Alex Sylt and I'm going to start looking for where these might be for sale.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I do alot of running and mountain biking, and for almost 45 I am fit as gently caress (very surprising as at one point in my life I really expected to be dead by now). For someone who can go through double digits of miles a day you might think I would have the legs of a greek god for the power and endurance but I do not. I have skinny Vettie legs, but at least they are tanned.

you're either born with an rear end and legs or you spend a lifetime trying to convince the world you did not, in fact, skip leg day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Norns posted:

Does he have a personal trainer? I recall him talking about how stupid he thought driver coaches were while he was losing the championship.

He did an interview where he talked about how he didn't see the need for a personal trainer because he could do it himself with better results--so that's what he's doing this year and I'm so glad he is because I can't get enough of Weezy L. Hamilton on the radio.

• Locked thread