Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Full race batteries in FE would seem to be a big step in making it more legit. The swap is a terrible feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I like this one because naming your flagship product "The (name of company)" is inexplicably Japanese (iirc the best watch Citizen sells, the Chronomaster, is also sold as "The Citizen")

I like them Chronomasters.

Are we doing watch talk again?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Feels Villeneuve posted:

high-accuracy quartzes are an underrated segment of luxury watch imo

This is very true. I will pick one up eventually, and I keep waffling between a Chronomaster or a Grand Seiko.

Norns posted:

this thread is just like autism on a loop

Also very true. :allears:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

NtotheTC posted:

"I've not been to the BBC news site in ages, I wonder what they said about Hamil..."

The BBC posted:

HAS LEWIS HAD HIS DOGS SPERM FROZEN?

:downs:

#DOGSPERM #MEGAFROZEN #ROSCOE2.0

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

I like how Dom says “smoke him” as if it wasn’t already clear what needed to be done.

In the "darker & edgier = better" 2021 remake Brian pulls out a gun, shoots the Ferrari driver in the face and sets the car on fire before peeling out. In a later flashback scene, we learn that Ferrari guy was his next door neighbour when he was a boy, and Brian saw him routinely dress up as a dragon sodomize the family sedan.

iospace posted:

Lee unleashed the mini van on the world :gonk:

I unironically can not wait until we get a minivan, maybe next year. I have 2 boys, one who just started hockey and one who won't be far behind him, and I'm so over trying to tetris everything we need for sports, road trips, daily kid junk and groceries, etc. into a regular trunk.

Also nevar 4get the Renault Espace F1.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Honda Odyssey owns OP. It gets the official Feels Villeneuve Recommendation in the minivan category.

I like the Odyssey, but I think I like the Sienna better... and then out of nowhere Kia comes in and mic drops with poo poo like this:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

A van is a boring practical choice but have you considered a Porsche Cayenne or a Macan???

I would love a Panamera Turbo S. That's kind of like a van, right?

The other bonus for a van is that I can take the seats out and fit a full sheet of plywood in one. Can't even do that in most SUVs.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Human Grand Prix posted:

Wow look at all those doors you won't use.

I would use the gently caress out of those doors cause if I had one of those I'd be driving everywhere in it, and that means it would go to all of the kids crap. Music class? "We're running a bit late, better take the Porsche." Hockey? "Better throw the bag in the back of the Porsche." Daycare dropoff? "OK kids, climb in the back of the Porsche, we're out of here."

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

BRB guys, I just have to run out for milk.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Gigi Galli posted:

I have a WRX and every time I see other WRX people I get a deep sense of self loathing.

As you should.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

Christ, right? I also can't remember the last time I just saw a "regular" WRX. Every single one that I can remember has been horribly modified in someway with the most typical being completely slammed with the tires well within the wheel well, extreme camber, black rims and extremely blacked out tint covered in the most retarded decals with every catchphrase imaginable and don't forget the shocker bumper sticker.

Window 1/4 down in the winter for ripping mad clouds.

I saw the start of this description and was going to add the shocker sticker, but you had it covered. It's the tramp stamp for cars. So trashy. A level of taste even below Calvin pissing on ____.

I had to look up GC8, which I ended up being proud of. A friend of mine has a 1996(?) or something Impreza that he (had a legit shop) did an engine swap with a recent model STi, and with a few "upgrades" for good measure. I will say... it's got a ton of grunt, and is fun to hoon around. But it smells like gas/exhaust all the time, economy is laughably bad, he had to do a full repaint to get it to look reasonably clean, the seats and interior are poo poo, and it still looks like a mid-90's shitbox. :shepspends:

At least he doesn't have the sticker.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Human Grand Prix posted:

The Coloni-Subaru was 1990, but you'd never see it as it failed to qualify every time.

Jesus, it looks like it actually might be made out of plywood!

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

What the gently caress is going on in here?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

One of the posters was catfishing women on Tinder and then confronting them on camera when they showed up, screaming about "Chads" and poo poo.

I'm so proud that I don't know what incels, catfishing, or chads are, and I only have a vague idea of Tinder. gently caress you, internet.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Feels Villeneuve posted:

he's not great but he seems like a cool guy, so he's basically NASCAR"s Jense except without the fluke title

Shut your whore mouth, Feels.

Note for posterity: pizza is good in pretty much all of its forms (excluding novelty "high end" gastro- stupid poo poo like brie duck confit truffle caviar on a loving artisan toast square). Deal with it, haters.

learnincurve posted:

Florence (Italy)

Shouldn't this be Napoli? Florence is great, and has the Duomo, which is one of my favourite buildings, but Naples was the "big deal" pizza city.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Theophany posted:

Venice pizza is garbage tier tourist poo poo. Napoli pizza is good. Amalfi pizza loving owns. The only downside is you have to drive over the mountains, which as far as I could tell were greasier than a Dominos pizza and laid by a bunch of fuckos who couldn't decide which direction to lay the road in, which is loving terrifying when your rented Smart car, with a wheelbase shorter than one of Louis CK's supervised wanking sessions, has tyres that seem to be made of plastic.

Try that trip in a jam packed standing-room-only bus, where the driver is hauling rear end around hairpins, literally gliding past parked and moving vehicles with like 2" of clearance, tourists are swaying in the aisles clutching bags with one hand and the grab bar with the other, many close to falling over or being sick or both, and my 3-yo sitting on my wife's lap shouting out "YAAAAAAYYYY, WHEEEEEEEE!" every time we hit a bump or nearly went up on 2 wheels.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

At least it was nice to see the top 4 cars close together at the end.

With all the Massa hype, I just realized something. What if everything since 2009 has been:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Brainwrong posted:

To be fair, if anyone is an expert on embarrassing careers, it's Jacques

And yet he's still the better Canadian F1 driver to support.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I know these rich people lifestyle shows are common and all over the place, but something about her in the trailer is so unlikable. "Oh, ha ha, my 2 personal assistants help me get out the door, you know how it is." :barf: Staff of 50, staring blankly at the assistant rattling off your pilates and nail appointments... I think I actually shuddered. Even the Kardashians seem better by comparison.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Falken posted:

Is it wrong that I wish she'd lose it all but the cameras keep rolling so we'd get to see her trying to figure out life without 50 loving staff members catering to her every need?

It can't be wrong, when it feels so right.

Wirth1000 posted:

In news surprising no one, Gasly & Hartley are pretty much confirmed for 2018. All that's left is a formal announcement.

Who, and who?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

I’ve never seen Rainier in PA. It should be against the law to sell good beer as cheap as Hamm’s, it’s ridiculous. In Indiana they used to have 30 packs at CVS for $8.99.

I've never had this "Hamm's"... checking... I don't think it's available in Ontario. I guess I'll need to find a different cheap tasty beer.

Tsaedje posted:

I'm all for nice cooking and can see the advantages of cast iron in some circumstances, but sous vide is some extremely emperor's new clothes poo poo. The culinery equivalent of bullshit audiophile nonsense

Just lol if you don't use damped hybrid crystallized carbon fibre and demagnetized walnut blocks to elevate your 99.99% silver speaker cables off the floor.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

poty posted:

Why are you there, are you secretely witness-protection-program-Jon-Stewart

I've never actually noticed his messed up lip before. I know he grew the stache to cover up whatever happened as a result of a car accident I think? Just hadn't seen it before. So are they revealing any big news yet or what?

....aaaannd apparently I had that window open for like an hour before actually hitting reply.

CratSock fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 16, 2017

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

Scroll up. AgentJotun reported from the event that basically Chase Carey has no loving clue.

Yeah, I'm retarded and didn't click submit until the discussion had moved on already.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

He really is a bogan.

OK, the shirt is awful, and the hair is pretty bad, but it seems like he's just being a pretty cool dude having a good time hanging out with other racecar drivers. I'd definitely use my status to go hang out at other racing stuff.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

ImplicitAssembler posted:

His hair is worse than Lewis'.

Inconceivable.

With all these terrible circuit ideas floating around, I give you the Tokyo Drift Pagking Garage GP:

Let's do this.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Gigi Galli posted:

Jamaica and Roma

:five:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

So Macau really does seem to be a um... "problematic" track to race on, but hell if the finish to that F3 race wasn't exciting.

Also, I'd like to know how Seb feels about Hamilton's "don't disrespect me again" warning, and can only hope he will deliberately gently caress with him next race.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Theophany posted:

It'll be the best race at Abu Dhabi ever then.

:same:

But really, sadly, I can't wait for nothing to come of it and have another boring GP.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wibbah! Nailed that audition. I'd loving hire him in a second. Hell, give him his own show.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

Everyone jumped into the series on the basis of cost. F1 but with electric cars would be cool as gently caress but literally nobody signed up for that.

They would have to have speakers to make the glorious V-10 sound. Then we could laugh at the ones who get their sound disabled from contact or whatever and are whispering around the track.

Team radio: "Lewis, you're a little shy on bass, please add 2 clicks on the knob and engage dynamic mode"

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

What the gently caress is this poo poo!?

Someone break Stroll's knee so he won't have a chance to destroy Alonso's chance for a win. Good god, who made that decision??

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

GramCracker posted:

This is such a poo poo opinion

Yeah, that's a total loving bullshit opinion. I can understand people saying they don't like KD (most of them are lying anyway) but you can't discount other more "high end" versions of macaroni and cheese. I'm not even talking about some fancy baked blue cheese macaroni bullshit, just like a good homemade baked plain mac & cheese, and jesus why is this making me so angry!

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Theophany posted:

It's a garbage holiday and by extension all food traditionally served for it is garbage. Who even eats turkey on the reg out of choice rather than the belief that it is somehow healthier than chicken, pork or beef?

Thanksgiving is a potentially culturally inappropriate holiday but I don't give a gently caress because it's one of the 2 times a year it is proper to roast a drat turkey.

Rhopunzel posted:

This is correct. Turkey is the worst meat. It's like chicken but poo poo and much harder to cook. I moved to the US 5 years ago and every time I've had Thanksgiving dinner it was bland turkey and hosed up casseroles I've never even heard of, so my thanksgiving dinner would be a few slices of turkey, ham and some dinner rolls. Have Americans not heard of roast potatoes or something?

I... what? The important part about the turkey is basically the stuffing, and putting gravy on everything. How do you not get this? The turkey itself should still be pretty good if it's cooked by someone who knows what they're doing, but it still needs gravy. Potatoes can be roasted or mashed, both good, both require gravy. Ignore the casseroles, have some vegetables on your first plate (apply gravy), then go back for seconds of turkey, potatoes, and stuffing. Apply gravy liberally. How do you people not get this?

wicka posted:

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred.

Raphael de la Ghetto to the rescue of the quickly declining worst thread!

Rhopunzel posted:

also this tbh, I can eat pasta if I have to but I don't particularly enjoy it

WTF, you people are going to give me a stroke... you don't like pasta? In any form? What's next? "I can't stand pizza, yuck!"

*CratSock's head explodes*

Nice meltdown.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

Ya my grandmother makes them all the time. They're wildly inconsistent depending on how they're made, I wouldn't buy one out of a cafe or something.

Store bought ones usually have very light icing/custard/whatever the yellow layer is. Homemade (in my experience) is usually more dense, which I like. More support to the top chocolate layer when you bite it, so it doesn't get all hosed up and cracked and bent.

Norns posted:

You're a loving monster

You really are.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Is there any indication at all that Poorelli will have either competition for being the exclusive supplier, or through a second supplier in season? Cuz that would be neat.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

The last couple of pages have been very much single noodle mac & cheeseing. Isn't there a session on now or something? Or do we need a few more pages of truck sim talk?

Why does McLaren need a surfwear partner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Sponsored in part by Colman's English Mustard

• Locked thread