Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
How does a company like Ferrari allocate so much money to F1? Do they set aside a bigger percentage than other firms or are they way more profitable than im guessing? anyway im excited about the season and look forward to this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Tony Montana posted:

Why is there so much money floating around? Is that more the question? How is this series doing as it does when NASCAR sponsorship is slim?
Yeah I mean I understand how Mercedes or even Red Bull can afford it and justify the cost, but a company like Ferrari that has huge margins but low gross revenue spending nearly half a billion a year for one sport is amazing and I wonder how they pull it off.

Obviously they can justify the cost as F1 directly aligns with much of their brand image, R&D, etc, but it's still an interesting question imo.

Also, I just came back from a consulting presentation at the Circuit de Barcelona and it happened to be the thursday of the 2nd week of F1 testing. It was unbelievable. F1 paddock's are insane.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
My understanding was that the businesses in those conglomerates are financially independent, with their own P&L's and everything else. Regardless, I didn't know Ferrari was part of Fiat. It would make sense that even if Ferrari is completely independent from Fiat, Fiat subsidizes enough to make having a competitive F1 team feasible.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

This was cool, especially that almost-pass @ ~2min30sec through turn 1.

I also really like that they have to switch to a fully charged car mid race. Seems so decadent - exactly what a F1 fan appreciates.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
I got a F1 dog vid from testing this year in Barca: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRv6-7HgGpv/?taken-by=mmmmray

it was cool

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Yearly Update Request: Which teams and drivers are cool and which should I scoff about? I like Max and im sticking with that lil dude forever, but the rest I'd rather be fed the correct opinion. Thanks in advance!

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Why?

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Dubs posted:

the biggest, center most button loses you races

o hell neigh

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
I don't want to sound too dumb, but how the gently caress can a professional F1 team not even be ready for qualifiers? Did they rebuild Vettel's engine this morning or something?

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
This is a cool race track.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

I consulted for the circuit de barcelona this past march and we did a ton of stuff with VR and future applications of VR to boost ticket sales. F1 has insane control over every part of the sport that makes money... these poor racetracks...think of the racetracks...

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
why isnt hulkenberg running in q2? i missed it

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Hi I just wanted to give a thumbs up to my boy, my man, Maximum Verstappen.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
I don't really like hamilton but he's good at this poo poo.

Also, big thumb up to my main man Max

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Schlesische posted:

Get iRacing if you want spergtastic MP, Project Cars if you like pretty things, F1 if all you want is to drive F1 cars and Assetto Corsa if you can't decide (it has spergtastic MP, is prettier than iR and I think mods have added "F1" cars).

Get dirt rally, the f1 of the people

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Powershift posted:

I'm so orange right now..

Dude, well done. I'm personally blue but with zero laps

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Tsaedje posted:

If you can't remember the colours of the Pirelli colourblind rainbow, just remember the simple mnemonic Only Big Wankers Yank Rich People's Penises

Would it really have been superhard to order the colours correctly and keep blue for the wet tyre?

Please don't dilute the Pirelli Brand with crude mnemonics.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Is FP fun to watch? It starts in 30 mins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
https://twitter.com/takiinoue/status/934034151598157825

• Locked thread