Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

2012 was a p. decent season from what I remember.

7 Winners in 7 races. The first half of 2012 was super fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Bahrain will go but I'd imagine Abu Dhabi will stay. It's got the whole night race thing going for it (especially relevant with Singapore having said they're not renewing their contract when it's up) and it does more hospitality than most Grand Prix.

gently caress Bahrain though.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

According to this article about Singapore possibly not renewing Malaysia is definitely gone after 2018. Gonna be lots of room for new/classic races soon :D

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Bring back Turkey :colbert:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Just watched the highlights on sky. Seemed like a dull non-event?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Norns posted:

Hey dummies. F1 hasn't been about sick passes in ages. Stop loving watching if that's what you expect?

I'm here for spectacular (but hopefully safe) accidents.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I was pretty consistent last year in my love of Nico Bossberg.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

All the non-pay midfield/backfield drivers are just in Formula E now, where they're mostly still midfield non-pay drivers, Like Gutierrez just finished 10th.

Good race though.

https://twitter.com/FIAformulaE/status/848309117420752898

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

To change the topic from smelly pissy things (F1) to something better, the formula e race yesterday was genuinely good in case anyone didn't know.

Yup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U80-xUMk8AI

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

learnincurve posted:

Yes the default settings on the now tv box is 720p and there is another option for 1080p in options. I'm assuming poor programming rather than some hidden agenda.

It's not so much 'poor programming' as much as 'sky saving 50% on bandwidth costs from people who don't know/care about quality"

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Yeeeeees

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

The most disgusting thing about that Horner photo is the fact that he was MD of a F3000 team at 27.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Anyone want to explain that Bernie interview on top gear tonight, because the whole time i was just like 'wtf is this' ?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Well done Baku.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Very. Looks like she failed to slow under a Red Flag:

quote:

An incident involving Formula 4 driver Sophia Floersch at Oschersleben is being investigated after she nearly crashed into a recovery vehicle under red flag conditions.

A video published by Floersch on her social media accounts showed the onboard footage of her car during free practice as she just managed to avoid a road vehicle entering the track from the right hand side.

An ADAC spokesperson told Motorsport.com that Floersch had failed to slow down during the lap despite the red flags being displayed.

The video shows red flags on the right of the frame just moments before Floersch reaches the place where the safety vehicle is on its way to recover a stricken car in the run-off area to the left of the track.

Floersch publishing the onboard video footage of her car without prior approval of the series management is understood to be in violation of the rules.

Therefore, the stewards are investigating both incidents and Floersch could face a penalty for not slowing down enough and another penalty for publishing onboard video content without official clearance.
https://www.motorsport.com/formula4/news/floersch-investigated-safety-vehicle-incident-927938/

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Someone send this to Chase Carey/Ross Brawn please

https://twitter.com/ApexSteele/status/891390954858582018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

• Locked thread