Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Cool new thread. Hope this year doesn't suck nuts...oh wait, McLaren is still wet garbage :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

You act like this isn't the best part of this thread.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Like also. If you hate the live posting during the races..don't look at the loving thread during races?

Seriously half the poo poo some of you bitch about is self induced.

"Oh God I hate every one of you " *comes back to the thread year after year.

Edit: my phone posting typos are loving horrible lately.

You know, as well as the rest of us, that once you start with this thread you cannot leave. Unless you're Hefe. RIP Hefe.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

It's a year and a half later and I still occasionally laugh to myself over the thread's collective reaction to the first time that anthem played.

That whole GP was like one big rear end sloppy party.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

I'm eyeballing tickets for this and the US GP.

I'm still annoyed I didn't get tickets to see Taylor headline the US GP last year. :colbert:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wuffles posted:

Not sure if you were just wanting to see Taylor Swift or what, but if you (or anyone here, really) don't end up with race tickets this year and there's a show you want to see at the end I'll give you my ticket(s) for free after we leave the track on Sunday. I guess that would also apply for any of the events after the F1 stuff on the other days too. We have 2 small kids and/or dinner plans so we don't stay long after the main events for each day. Feels like a bit of a waste so I'd be happy to let someone take advantage.

It wouldn't matter for the concert, but the seats are nice and only available to people with PSLs (T15 looking down the straight before turn 12, and you have a nice view of 13 through the start of 16). You'd need to figure out your own parking though unless you also have a handicap (other than being a goon and posting in this thread). We have B Lot parking passes I could give you if you have a placard.

PM me if interested as the date gets closer and we can try to work something out.

Definitely wanted to actually see her perform. Thanks for the offer, if I end up traveling down for the US GP I'll shoot you a note.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

I wish McLaren would stop sucking

You and me both, man

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ukle posted:

drat -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLoI_UXkcS4&t=361s

What do you want from New F1 Owners -

Alonso: Equal Engines

Hamilton: I don't want that

Ric: But not electric

Hamilton: Yeah and not Honda

I still want to imagine that McLaren Honda are taking the piss and will have one of the fastest cars; they are just going to whole new levels to sandbag.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

From a certain perspective you could say they are unintentionally sandbagging. Honda sincerely believes they have made major performance improvements but haven't come remotely close to stretching their legs.

I do genuinely think they are playing up the sad sack "we are in a really poo poo spot" card a lot more than they probably need to and are in a better spot than it appears on the surface. Time will tell once they get the motor to stop rattling itself to death.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

It's pretty clear that McLaren have told their drivers and staff to let loose on Honda publicly if they feel so inclined. Alonso pretty much said nothing the last two years except for the occasional in-car outburst, but this year he has repeatedly and strongly criticized them, with no defense or mitigation coming from Boullier et al. So if they are playing up their issues, they're doing a drat fine job of it.

Hell, at this point in the game if I were running McLaren I'd tell everyone on to publicly poo poo on Honda too. If Japanese culture is anything to go off of, the public shame ought to make them get their poo poo together.

wicka posted:

Horseshit. Let's hear it bro.

Right?! I'm 100% down for some chassis dynamics, I love tech poo poo like that.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

That's it, I'm going for it. My GP Predictor predictions are pretty bold with Are Nando on Pole and Podium, backed up with Their Strudel taking the second podium step. Get at me, fellas.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

CratSock posted:

GramCracker, you should never go full retard, you know that!

:shepicide:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

learnincurve posted:

Watching it on TV now and my sweet lord that is a lot of facial hair on one screen. Seb's neckbeard is quite something to behold in 42' HD.

I'm 99.99999% sure he's gotta be a closet Goon with a neckbeard like that.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 23, 2017

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

aequalis posted:

You shut your whore mouth

Yea, that OP really needs to shut the heck up.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Cool And Good banter with the F1 team bosses

https://twitter.com/F1/status/845208455036076032

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Why does Vettle look like Butthead?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

He is basicly butthead?

Cut it out, Kimi.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Looking at just how loving grim it is makes Alonso's 12th in free practice pretty drat impressive, too bad they'll be at the back row once everyone else turns the engine up.

He's a really good GP2 driver, what else would you expect?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Dude. Your av is just like...the worst.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

The Ron one was my favorite

You're welcome

Theophany posted:

GramCracker is next on my poo poo list. I'm sick of seeing sexy Fernando nonchalantly wink at me.

Dear god, please don't :ohdear:

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 24, 2017

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Lmbo you sonnovabitch :argh:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wuffles posted:

I giggle like a school girl every time she emasculates some guy in his mid-life crisis sports car. The last time it happened she rolled the window down at the next light and asked him if his car was broken and dude's wife nearly fell out of the car laughing.

Your wife sounds Cool And Good

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

The Ricardo based engine architecture is also loving ancient. It was used first in the Nissan R89C.

That's the coolest aspect about the McLaren road car engines for me, the fact that they started life as a LeMans motor

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
That onboard lap with Are Dan was pretty sweet

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Sooo Kimi is just sitting there...

"Why did my car just stop when I tried to slow down?"

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Thank god in TYOOL 2017 F1 cars have onboard starters

They are just getting ready for the series merge with WEC

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Fuuuuck Perez is moving

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

He is right. No one on the grid would disagree.

I still don't get how this is a discussion.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

This entire saga reminds me of the Footwork-Porsche tieup, but even worse.

A literal grenade would have powered the cars better than the actual Porsche motor.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Just people who don't understand the bigger picture thinking "the Mercedes engine is faster therefore they should've stuck with Mercedes."

The short sightedness of that train of thought just blows my mind. How would Merc ever let a customer team beat their works team is beyond me.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

I don't have any faith in Honda's team at this point.

#BelieveInMcLarenHonda

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Red Bull B team looking pretty fast imo

That's my boy Chili :ese:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
These cars are looking pretty drat quick :catstare:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Jesus almost 20kph quicker through T14 than last year

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

The RedBull is nowhere near the top.

Hot take: Newey's time has passed

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
LMAO STROLL

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Lance didn't wreck it in earlier practices because he is a pro and knows to save it for the smallest amount of time before qualification

Imagine if they can't repair it before quali and he has to start at the back

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

phwoar Are Stroll putting it on the very limit trying to get everything out of the car there.

A real driver's driver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Just getting caught up on Quali now (because gently caress that at 2AM) and I miss Are BUT :smith:

• Locked thread