Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Notre Jacques dropping some truth bombs: "I think there are two classes of drivers. You're either an Alonso or you're a Rosberg."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I bet Lewis has at least visited the forums when he was a kid.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Does Tony love Trump because he hates America? It all makes so much sense now.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Americans have plenty of experience enduring a multiclass society where only the top class has a handle at winning overall.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Clarkson/May/Hammond is pretty bad without the constraints imposed by the BBC, but hey I'm still watching. I stopped watching Top Gear after the first two with Chris Evans though.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

Idk if they're still doing it but the thing where they kill every celebrity guest is insanely unfunny and got old the very first time they did it.

It was Ok. It's probably just a dig at the BBC not allowing them to have a celebrity chat segment. I liked the one where they had to squeegee the blood off the windows.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The Ford vs. Ferrari at Le Mans segment that they did was pretty great though.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Can't wait to take my first sip of Lewis.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Ugh. loving Ferrari.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

EJ said rather emphatically that Red Bull were going to get Audi engines and accosted Horner over it so I'm not putting too much stock in that

They were until the VW emissions scandal hit and VAG decided to stay out of F1.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

The beef stroganoff is now in process. Slow cooker for 5 hours.

Truly the worst thread.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

This is like peak autism on the podium.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm currently penning a letter to one Mr John Todt of the FIA asking him to open up an investigation into Felipe Massa, Finnish driver Valterie Bottas and Russian Grand Prix Steward/Finnish National Mika Salo over possible race fixing allegations.

Payback by Salo and Massa to Ferrari for the 1999 and 2010 German GPS, respectively.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Begall posted:

Was there a single on track pass after the first couple of laps?

When everybody was passing a stricken Red Bull.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Robert Wickens is a cool and good Canadian who should be in F1 instead of that little troll.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Pirate Radar posted:

It'll be hard to decide what to make for the Mexican race since you'll already have made tacos for the USGP.

Smoked brisket is also acceptable for the USGP.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

dentist toy box posted:

Cast iron is the only way to make cornbread. Sorry.

I just buy that jiffy mix and make corn muffins.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/859762633649639425

"The correct color orange"

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

What's the mph for pole typically?

Last year was a tick over 230 mph.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

So did Alonso just blow everyone away during the test as predicted and now everyone involved in IndyCar is have an existential crisis of their mediocrity?

Yes he joined the illustrious group of racers such as Milka Duno, Dr. Jack Miller, and Hiro Matsushita, who had also easily completed their rookie orientation programs. Truly blown away.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wiltsghost posted:

Holy poo poo, he just took out a couple birds, lol.

He's no conservationist, unlike Vettel.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I wonder if learnincurve's birds watched Alonso murder those birds.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Seriously? This thread is freaking out over an Indy500 rookie test?

Jenna Fryer's account spotted.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Dubs posted:

Weekly reminder that only one V8 supercar driver can left foot brake and he wins every week. No one else is willing to learn because it's a shitlord series full of drivers to stupid to live

Pretty sure Simona left foot brakes too.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I just get the sense Joe's Award thinks he's better than everybody else because he has a paddock pass, and that seeps into his pompous writing style.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

No idea, but I assume the winner will be an autistic Finn.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I don't know why there's all this speculation about which seat Glock'll take based on one Instagram when it's pretty obvious he's not getting any kind of a real F1 drive.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Somebody name a Spanish dish.

gambas al ajillo

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Feels Villeneuve posted:

In honor of Spain I am blood doping this weekend.

Should wait for COTA.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tsaedje posted:

Nonono Alonso can't be depressed and dead inside and have a good sense of humour about his current car's performance, pick a narrative

It's called gallows humor.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I'd move BTCC way up on the list, although it's not quiet as fun without Jason Plato Maldonadoing people at the front.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Does DC have an Asian waifu?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Halo14 posted:

That makes no sense at all:

A fan poster/sign with Max in front of a US flag saying Make F1 Great Again??

Max is literally Donald Trump.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Holy Cheese posted:

Hey fellow Brits, is Now TV reliable for the Sky F1 channel? I gave up paying monthly for Sky as it's a bit poo poo. I can get a day pass to the Sky sports channels as far as I know. I have a decent ISP so I don't tend to have any bandwidth issues. I only really want it for F1.

Not a brit but I've used Now TV before for F1 and it worked pretty much flawlessly.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Norns posted:

Taki is one of my favorite sports twitters

He's had a few cringeworthy tweets IIRC. Maybe something the tweeted about Bianchi?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CratSock posted:

I really like the race recaps being available on youtube, especially since I havent' been able to watch any full races this year. Only problem is there's still a lot of lacking context. WTF happened with Waffles and Spring Brain? It looked like he just attacked Massa to avenge his earlier incident pushing Nando off track?

Basically he didn't think Massa could catch him that fast on the straights (lol Honda), so he never thought to check whether Massa was alongside him.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Alright, this is getting a bit much now with this Kimoa garbage.

Go Vettel.

I swear I saw another driver being interviewed wearing Kimoa sunglasses yesterday, but I don't remember who that was.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

He's gonna win and everyone at IndyCar will be so embarrassed they'll shut the whole series down and apologize for ever insinuating they had any degree of prestige.

Same but for F1 when Frogboy won the very first time he drove a competitive car.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

how many times do we have to mention Pastor before El Hefe reappears?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

NASCAR Pintys series ugh

Are Alex Tagliani and Andrew Ranger still racing in that series?

• Locked thread