Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
More Iron Maiden is always a good choice. My personal favourite is Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

I still buy CDs from time to time, mostly because my car stereo is too old for Bluetooth/aux and I can't be bothered upgrading it. Last one I got was Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell from a book fair for $1, a couple of weeks ago. That was a good find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Number of the Beast is really good, and it's probably their most well known album. It was my starting point and I would definitely recommend it to anyone curious about Maiden.

As I mentioned previously, my personal favourite is Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, however it is a concept album of sorts and a little proggy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I can see how a lot of Maiden fans didn't really like it.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Bread Dragon posted:

My biggest gripe with the format is that it felt like CDs encouraged the average album length from being around 30 minutes to something more like 45 or 50 minutes.

Totally agree. Not to mention that vinyl has to be split in two sides, so effectively an album was two twenty-minute mini-albums. I feel as though it made bands think more about not only the lengths of songs, but how songs would fit together on an album side.

• Locked thread