Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
You guys might be interested in murfie.com. They will hold your CDs in a central warehouse, then give you access to FLAC, ALAC, MP3, etc. files from YOUR CD (it's how they avoid piracy complaints). Alternatively, you can sell your CDs or buy CDs from others. Rather than ship you the CD, they give you the "license" and let you download tracks from the CD you bought. Once you download from the site, you can't sell your CD again.

It's a little bit more expensive than buying a box of cutouts at your local store (~$5 or $6, with fees), but (a) all my record stores have closed or switched to vinyl, and (b) it's an easy way to get the full-quality audio without dealing with ripping / storage / etc. They also sell new CDs, but used feels like their biggest market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
You're better of selling individually, of course. Consider Murfie (which I mentioned here before). You send all your CDs to them, and they give you a license to stream the songs from those albums. You can then operate a storefront to sell each CD at the price you want, and they'll revoke your streaming license as they transfer the CD's rights to a buyer.

I think it costs something to send and process each CD, so you'd want to think about whether you're likely to recoup the cost per CD. If not, you're probably better off just selling a box of CDs on Craigslist or through the options you already know.

EDIT: It sounds like getting everything out of your house is a priority, so this may work well for you. You can decide later how much any given CD will get you.

• Locked thread