Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I got a hard copy of The Very Best of Rainbow from Amazon (10 bux), and on CD "Man on the Silver Mountain" sounds WAY better in my car than the MP3 I have does. I swear all the MP3s I have ever downloaded are poo poo quality, the only good MP3s I have are the ones I burned myself.

I've found the same thing too, which has resulted in me (who previously never bought CDs, prior to graduating and getting full-time employment) to buying CDs all the time, in the last ~7 years. So at this stage I'm 27 and I've got two huge CD books in my car - which by this point is no doubt way more than all my other (non-old) friends combined. :v: (As for storage, I've got some in a rack, but most of my cases are stored in a cardboard box in my spare room)

Now that you all have got me thinking about it, I should probably rip all my CDs and try entering the 21st century by using a (non-iPod) media player, but I don't recall what all the good+free CD ripping apps are; I've used them in the past, but not in over a decade, I'd say. (And well, 99% of the music I listen to is in the car, so not needing to change CDs would be good)

Also, I know this isn't the recommendation thread, but if you like Rainbow's MotSM you might like stuff by Angel (specifically "The Fortune" and "The Tower") and White Lion, perhaps? I recently discovered those bands myself, after looking for songs that are similar to MotSM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread