Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Although I'll always put them on iTunes for convenience, I have a vast collection of CDs, which goes to my interest in physical media. I have large collections of DVDs rather than Netflix, of comics rather than online sources rather than Comixology or Marvel Unlimited and paper books rather than Kindle etc etc. I suppose I just like having them.

I'm into reissue labels like Hoodoo Records that have great little album booklets. When I was into AOR for a while (don't like it any more) I was big on Rock Candy Records.

There are some artists whose work I have almost exclusively via iTunes purely because of how difficult it is to get them on CD - Jackie Wilson mainly, and some Motown artists etc.

Others still - primarily gospel artists from the 1950s and 1960s - I have only on vinyl for the same reason (I spent ages trying to find the songs from Country and Western Meets Rhythm and Blues by Ray Charles on some other format and eventually an inexpensive vinyl LP was my best option).

I will post some pictures when I get home from work later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Beelerzebub posted:

Nice. That's one of my favorites. Bat Out of Hell 2 is just as good IMO.

Bat Out of Hell is a great album because it's Jim Steinman taking all these 50s rock and roll ideas and blowing them up until they're so ridiculous they loop round to become awesome. For my money, there is no other album like it and certainly not in 1977; it was something other than punk and prog.

Most of the songs on Bat 2 are just him repeating the title for nine minutes. It's not bad but it feels like a parody of Meat Loaf to me. :shrug:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Beelerzebub posted:

Listened to it again recently, and yeah. It's not great. Not dogshit, but definitely nowhere near as good as the first. It does have Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through, though, which is a really great song. The rest ranges from alright to dogshit.

That one's good because I'm pretty sure it's the only one that isn't him bellowing the song's title for eight minutes.

• Locked thread