Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Cassette culture isn't 'coming back' because it never went anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

Last time I tried to buy merch at a live thing, they didn't take card. And there was no ATM around. Sorry guys I wanted to buy your stuff but I rarely carry cash :shrug:

wow i can't believe this local band doesn't have a card machine, can you imagine

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

even lots of internationally touring bands haven't had card thingy whatsits when i've seen them.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

discogs?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

precision posted:

For a while it was common practice to put a killer track at 7 to stop people from skipping through the whole album, that's the entirety of the point :)

you'd think a better strategy would have been to make the whole album good

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

precision posted:

I think that, as a rule, people who were skipping tracks in the first place weren't really listening for "the album experience". We're talking people who bought the CD for the singles, here, not Robert Christgau.

I think its possible to listen to a whole album without being robert christgau, but that might just be my opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

listening to flacs is stupid. like you're some kind of drat sound robot? ridiculous

• Locked thread