Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

I've got some more in my bedroom as well, but I'm currently in my car.

Edit: My CD collection is pretty poo poo, to be quite honest.

Beelerzebub fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Apr 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

BigFactory posted:

Those are all your CDs?

Sorry I missed what you said. Can you post your bedroom CDs too?

Yeah. I'll edit them into this reply once I get home. It's not a huge collection. I've only got about 20-30 CDs total.

e1: also, there's a CD on the far left squished between the side of my console and Metal Health. It was a CD that came with Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.

e2:
Just bought these. Listening to Because The Internet right now. As someone who isn't a fan of rap, it's pretty alright.

e3:

Beelerzebub fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 19, 2017

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

BigFactory posted:

Couldn't you just turn on classic rock radio to hear all of those songs?

Then you have to listen to commercials, and gently caress that.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Merge Records' digipacks are loving great. They open easily and the disc doesn't take loving forever to pull out like the ones the use for Pink Floyd CDs.

Beelerzebub fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Apr 22, 2017

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

all-Rush mixtape posted:

1/4 of the way there!

Does that have the Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins stuff?

DroneRiff posted:

I'm one of those silly people that sill collects physical media as well, I have nearly 1000 releases on CD. I did a lot of downloading as teenager, mixed in with bits of buying, then for some reason, during University, I just had a change of view and went "Nope, I actually want to own stuff drat it!". It was probably having (some small amount of) money for the first time in my life and combined with being a metal fan and the general dumb brain reward you get for buying still. The difference between "I've heard that album" and "I own that album" and the lack of good legal download stuff outside of iTunes that I was just against. This was mid 2000s, before streaming took off.

Lots of going to record fairs and digging through charity shops, combined with Amazon binges. I've made some great finds - Skyclad's Wardward Sons of Morther Earth of £2 in a tatty box of "Rock/Metal" at the side of a stall in a record fair? Hell yeah! The thrill of finding a hidden gems but also brought a lot of just decent releases because they where cheap. I don't regret it, but these days I'm a lot more picky about what I buy (mostly because I'm running out of space in our flat and trying to save money for important life things). Lot more use of Spotify, but anything that's an amazing album still gets a physical purchase.

Have you heard of Gloryhammer?

Beelerzebub fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 10, 2017

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

precision posted:

It says "1983-1998" which means that Peter Gabriel was long gone, he left in the mid-70s. Phil Collins left in the late 90s.

Man, Genesis is the poster child for "band that was once insanely good and then abruptly became kinda bad"

I did not see that, but after looking at it again, I do see that.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

BigFactory posted:

This is the physical media thread. We carry cash.

I got a whole dollar to my name.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I bought a copy of "Dookie" by Green Day. Despite its name, it's really good.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Counting Crows - Rain King, Have You Seen Me Lately?, Cover Up The Sun
Green Day - Basket Case, Give Me Novacaine
The Mountain Goats - Pink and Blue, No Children, Up the Wolves
Ninja Sex Party - No Reason Boner, The Sacred Chalice Pt. 1, Party of Three
Pink Floyd (CD era) - Take it Back
They Might Be Giants - Particle Man, With the Dark, Tesla
Weird Al (CD era) - Gump, Party in the CIA

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

A human heart posted:

you'd think a better strategy would have been to make the whole album good

I would argue that Billy Joel mastered this. I still like his later stuff, though (River of Dreams, Storm Front, etc.), so I may be a bit biased.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Making the whole album good

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

precision posted:

I think that, as a rule, people who were skipping tracks in the first place weren't really listening for "the album experience". We're talking people who bought the CD for the singles, here, not Robert Christgau.

To be honest, I do both depending on what mood I'm in. Sometimes I don't care about listening to the deep cuts.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I picked up Powerslave by Iron Maiden for $8 today. I was pleasantly surprised by it. Guess I'll have to listen to more Iron Maiden now.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Last one I got was Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell from a book fair for $1, a couple of weeks ago. That was a good find.

Nice. That's one of my favorites. Bat Out of Hell 2 is just as good IMO.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Which should I try next? My friend told me that Number of the Beast is really good.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I really like prog rock, so I may have to check it out.

Beelerzebub fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 22, 2017

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Quick question: Is Anthrax worth listening to?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

realbez posted:

Sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be7iNHw8QoQ

(goddamn the audio quality on this video is trash)

I got State of Euphoria for $5, so if I don't like it, it's no big deal.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Cool. Do you care to elaborate?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I have recently added a few CDs to my collection and forgot to picture Pink Floyd's The Wall. I have added:
Iron Maiden - Powerslave, Number of the Beast
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
The Mountain Goats - Tallahassee, The Sunset Tree, Goths

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Get the gently caress out of here that album is dogshit especially compared to Bat Out of Hell

Listened to it again recently, and yeah. It's not great. Not dogshit, but definitely nowhere near as good as the first. It does have Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through, though, which is a really great song. The rest ranges from alright to dogshit.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Just got Live at Jittery Joe's, Everything Is, and life of the World to Come. It ended up being $21 total.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Got these today.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I recently bought Foolish by Superchunk, The Else by They Might Be Giants, and So by Peter Gabriel.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I just picked up for ~$6 apiece:
Insomniac - Green Day
Screaming for Vengeance - Judas Priest
Painkiller - Judas Priest
The Yes Album - Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

There's nowhere near me that has a great selection of CDs, so I have to take what I can get.

• Locked thread