Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

$2.99 at ARC Thrift Store the other day, $175 median sale price on Discogs. So, it depends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
I can only assume it’s Wiggles completists buying it for the Cockroaches track. Other than that and a couple of songs by other bands most people outside Australia have never heard of (The Chantoozies, Models) everything on there is unremarkable, easy-to-find radio pop.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

Assuming you care about getting bit-perfect rips (and why wouldn’t you; if you’re going to do something, may as well do it right the first time) pick a ripper with CTDB integration to checksum/repair the results.

And FWIW don’t waste time and drive life on “secure” rips until you know that the disc needs one. Reading the right bits off a CD in the right order has been a solved problem since the ‘80s and in my experience nine out of ten times you’ll get an accurate rip in burst mode.

• Locked thread