Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

precision posted:

All the local bands I see have those phone app things for reading cards. :shrug:

Yeah, a touring band w any kind of actual following should have a Square or similar. Throwing money away otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Best Buy is eliminating CDs in their stores starting July 1st. When I started at BBY back in 05, music was one of the biggest areas. Nowadays it’s an anemic row or two. Crazy to see that over time.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Honestly this thread popping back up in the last couple weeks made me realize tonight: I don’t know when I’ll buy a new CD from a major artist. In 2014, I got into the local punk scene and so usually pay $5 for a tape and bandcamp code, or a few bucks more for vinyl. I really only buy CDs if they’re the only option the artist has.

I also don’t really hit up the store around here that sells new and used music. The CDs are usually hella marked up, and so I’d rather use the gift certificate I have on vinyl or a poster, but I don’t care about buying new vinyl reissues of old albums. I’d rather an old vinyl for a bigger name or new vinyl for a small band.

I never really thought I’d see optical media die. Like, of course it was going to, but I guess it came a lot quicker than I expected.

Still buying Blu-Rays tho. gently caress yeah full 1080p and surround audio!

• Locked thread