Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I think this was around a thousand CDs. It took me a year to rip them maybe 10 years ago, and really haven't opened these since then. I honestly don't miss the format, and moving was a pain in the rear end.

I did this exact same thing since I love CDs but hate the drat jewel cases. Got tired of having them on display because honestly it makes the living room look like a music store, and all of them are ripped now to my PC system anyway so there's no need to have them readily available. I listen to CDs in my car all the time tho because they just sound better through a good system, I keep my favorite albums on CD in the car, then I have playlists on a thumb drive if I wanna listen to 80's or 90's random songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just got The Stooges Fun House on CD and it's rad everyone should have a copy.

$7 on Amazon and $2 cheaper than the download :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

a mysterious cloak posted:

I'm an old and I still buy CDs too.

Any suggestions for a more compact storage method than just sticking 500 CDs on a shelf? I'm in the process of ripping but loving A I've got a long way to go. And right now they're all either

1. stacked up on the floor after ripping, or
2. in a heavy duty contractor bag in the corner of our study waiting to be ripped.

And no I don't want to toss them all after they're ripped, but the contractor bag is pretty lame.

I have all my original copy CDs in a file cabinet with the file type CD holders. I chucked all the jewel cases a long time ago because I was moving a lot and had them in folders, just recently upgraded to the file cabinet things and it works great.

[e] these: https://www.amazon.com/Find-Hanging...L70_&dpSrc=srch

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 10, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I got a hard copy of The Very Best of Rainbow from Amazon (10 bux), and on CD "Man on the Silver Mountain" sounds WAY better in my car than the MP3 I have does. I swear all the MP3s I have ever downloaded are poo poo quality, the only good MP3s I have are the ones I burned myself.

• Locked thread