Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
LinKurosawa on PS4, if I trap you in a corner with my sentinel shields I'm not sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Korgan Vanguard from my free packs. :w00t:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

katkillad2 posted:

What's the deal with loot boxes? You want to buy the cheapest ones so the next tiers don't contain bad items? How do you know when you've got all the stuff from the cheap boxes?

I'll probably drop $20bux on currency, when can I open those sweet sweet premium packs for max value?

Buy the cheap ones till you max out the starter stuff then move along to the next tier.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Apex missions can be done with a team so its a good idea to add each other to get those done and get those sweet free rewards.

Oh and RUN THE gently caress AWAY FROM THE ASCENDANT IF HES GOT HIS SHIELD UP, he will one shot your rear end if he gets within range.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Host quit, threw me solo into the lobby and I lost my boosts. :thumbsup:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
N7 hurricane is in the game!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

shadok posted:

MEA bronze seems harder than ME3 bronze was. Or is that just my faded memories of a game I haven't played in two years?

It is harder, largely due to how much more aggressive the enemies are.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone know what causes you Apex rating to go up?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Trast posted:

The switch from hard to soft cover is throwing me off and amplifying my inner baddie in multiplayer. I also have to find a key set that I am comfortable with since you've got things spread out now for sprint, evade, and tumble over cover.

It's me I'm the newb.

Being in cover also restores your shield faster as well, important thing to remember.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Oh gently caress, that's useful to know.

I'm still getting a feel for the cover system too.

Yep, when the shield icon pops up at the bottom middle just hang around for a bit and you'll get your shield back fast.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea I aint touching silver till I have at least one X weapon and a high level class specced heavily into defense.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

buglord posted:

Is it just me or does everything have much longer cooldown times compared to ME3? I used to be able to jump into a match with only a pistol (for cooldown bonus) and just juggle my 3 biotic/tech powers the whole match.

Cooldown bonus is different in this, you can only lower the cooldown via leveling the power mostly.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea you can't get 200% anymore, the way it works now if you have 100% set cooldown bonus but if you look closely at the bar there's sort of a black line, if you go over that line you get cooldown penalties, otherwise you can gear up with whatever you need.

Like on my Sentinel I can carry that pistol that fires like an SMG and a shotgun and I have only 10% penalty.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thundercloud posted:

Do you think they got sick of things like plat farming or people soloing gold/plat and have adjusted the difficulty accordingly?

I'd say they wanna encourage team work more. poo poo goes south fast if your team isn't working together, but the game hasn't been out long either.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Human Sentinel isn't bad, she's pretty durable and her mobile cover will save your rear end, you can also spec it so you never lose shields so if you have that sticks together you shouldn't have any issues, energy drain can save you in a pinch.

I've been using her like my krogan, just rushing down everything.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I really miss the old noises for power combos. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhXjSj-1bP8

I killed something so hard I reset the universe.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gmq posted:

Last night I got this sniper rifle from an expert pack and I'm not sure if it's really good or really bad. It kills most mooks in one shot (in Bronze) but if I miss I'm screwed since it only has one shot in the clip.

Got that one as well, its super good just don't miss.

Having fun with the raptor as well though it feels like an AR than a sniper.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think I've spent more time lobby hopping than playing, loving hosts idling in open lobbies.

Some things truly never change.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Some of the guns need some serious balancing, its kind of hosed up just how drat bad some of them are.

And they need a serious work-around with their audio, enemies are just to goddamn quiet, I just got munched on by a fiend cause I was to busy dealing with other poo poo and they just give no indication, you'd think a big hulking stone thing would make more noise.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They also have come to you and they're fairly vulnerable during the fly up animation.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Cripes I would have enough if I didnt buy another squad.

I hope that stuff doesnt change, I want that juggernaut shield.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sending my dudes on golds cause I'm out of bronze missions to send them on :(

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stickman posted:

Finally got a X character to level 20, and can confirm that you get 85 skill points at level 20 (enough for 6/6/6/6/1). I think rank I characters only get 62 skill points at level 20 (so 6/6/5/2/1), but I haven't leveled a rank I character to 20 to confirm.

Don't do that, they'll just get negative traits and become permanently worse! Found that out the hard way... :gonk:

Its like I'm really playing Darkest Dungeon.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
8% chance of success and they did it, holy poo poo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn the Turian soldier is so good, using a widow/revenant load-out with him and he just wrecks.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Asari adept was the first class I got, haven't really touched her though, enjoy Sentinel to much, I did get a Turian Soldier last night and carried a pug team to victory at level 1 though, that was a lot of fun, especially having to do a device thing while spamming my heals when I was close to death cause I didn't feel like losing the mission.

I have the widow and revenant on him, really don't get why ARs so feel poo poo in this, Revenant is the only one I've found that doesn't feel like I'm tickling enemies.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ein Sexmonster posted:

It's not that all ARs are poo poo, it's just that the common and uncommon ones are.

I have the gold tier sandstorm and sweeper AR's and they're both pretty bad.

How do I get more strike missions? Only need 2 more funds for that sweet juggy shield but the only missions I got left are gold stuff and I don't wanna press my luck.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chasiubao posted:

How are Sentinels supposed to be played? Just run around combo'ing things?

I play mine like a bootleg krogan, run around shooting and punching stuff and when poo poo gets dicey I drop my mobile cover for extra damage and unbreakable shield, they're also a HUGE help in objective wave where the device or hacking thing is in an area with little to no cover.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Please win my soldiers, I need those creds for my shield. :ohdear:

Edit: and they failed with 75% because of course, guess the games getting revenge for that 8% win. :ughh:

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 25, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Running around with an Asari Adept with a raptor should not be as effective as it is.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Loving my juggernaut shield.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Didn't even think you could get a score this high on bronze.

Asari adept is so loving fun, I can't wait till I get the field mutations that give me more movement speed and shield restore.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rio posted:

Any suggestions so far on the most fun class? I have played infiltrator through the whole series so I went that way here too. I am not NOT having fun but I don't feel like the class takes advantage of the way the combat has changed in this game and the open world fighting. I can usually sit back and plink away but it is not as interactive as it felt in the first 3 games and feels kind of lame. I have not played multiplayer beyond one game but if the class is fun there too then that would be a bonus.

Because the game isn't about sitting back and plinking away, be as aggressive as enemies are, hell infils sticky nades do a TON of damage and you can roll with a shotgun to and it gets damage bonuses from your cloak.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like how the classes have little flavor text on the cards.

One of the krogans got super drunk and missed his ritual to be let into a clan, the asari adept is a former commando who really likes to watch out for the younger team members, the female sentinel is a rookie but really fascinated by all the poo poo going on.

Female infiltrator lost her husband and son. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rio posted:

Hmm, ok. I will stick with it and see if I can play more aggressively. I am used to being a shadowy badass with Shepard so I'll have to change my reactions.

Also is there a way to check my emails other than going to the terminal in my quarters on the ship? You would think that since I am writing this on the internet from my phone and my email happens to be on my phone too that they might just be able to do that poo poo in the future too but maybe that is hoping too much.

You can't even change your gear on the field in the SP.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

uh

yes you can. It's one of the terminals on the forward outpost blob thing

I mean on the field when you're in the world and poo poo, but you can't lug around weapons and stuff and swap them around as needed if you wanted, you have to go to a specific place to do it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You couldn't do that in 2 or 3 either, and 90% of the weapon and armor options in 1 were garbage, so ?????

The flamethrower is still in the game, it's on a krogan kit now

It was stupid then as it is now. :colbert:

And yea I miss the old flamer, I want my geth soldier back.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Vanquisher sniper rifle is strong, to strong, its one shotting mooks even on Silver and it has more than one shot before you have to reload.

If you get one, abuse it till they nerf it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
2 crashes in a row on PS4, haven't had any issues till now.

• Locked thread