Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm replaying me3 and despite the well known issues with it, it's a fantastic game mechanically. And popping the power wheel to use a power I don't need all the time just makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I did it. I have no idea if it's even still active because I haven't touched it in months, but you aren't at any significant disadvantage by doing so.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

And I'm still mad at how hosed up ME:A MP was at launch

I'm in the acceptance stage. ME is dead. But A being so bad made me actually appreciate 3 a lot more. At least it didn't have literally every character accidentally getting their shirt off every five seconds.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Although the title screen music does own.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I think he does to show off his n7 tat then immediately shoots you down if you try it on.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Eregos posted:

I'm proud of my Failure Shepard's handling of the Suicide Mission. Can confirm the Suicide Mission Calculator did its job with 100% precision. Took a bit of tinkering with it, but I managed to get it so that I actually completed every single loyalty mission (except Legion's, who was sold to Cerberus for that fast $$$) but it turns into a holocaust anyways. Works out perfectly for my purposes.

I had to have Tali survive so she can kill herself in ME 3, and Garrus so both can observe how much I've hopelessly hosed everything. The other squadmates don't come to the Normandy, though I wanted Morinth to survive since she's clearly a good person and deserves to live in a Failshep playthrough. Failshep did a full Jack romance of course, sided with Jack in the fight to lose Miranda's loyalty, then had Jack die in the Collector base approach prompting a pretty funny 'She can't be dead, get to Medical!' from Failshep. Lost Tali's loyalty by presenting evidence of Rael'Zorah's guilt, then argued they should go to war with the Geth anyways. Completed Thane's loyalty quest till almost the very end, then ran in the opposite rear end direction to make sure Kolyat finished the assassination (Thane's post dialogue if you fail is worth hearing, appropriately dark, fits the state of the galaxy Failshep strives toward). Could've simply left Zaeed to die on his loyalty quest after letting Santiago escape, decided to bring him since I could kill him off. Unfortunately, you cannot choose to let Santiago escape and not save the workers, nor can you choose to let Balak escape and let the hostages die anyways back in Bring down the Sky. Did tell Hackett I'd make a priority out of Arrival then skipped it though. Oh yeah and I wanted Miranda dead so I can let Henry Lawson escape in 3.

Playing through the trilogy as suboptimally as possible requires as much planning as playing optimally, in fact its even trickier as I have less practice. It's been very dark, fun, and comedically bad. It leads to a few unexpected decisions such as saving Wrex in ME 1 so he can discover the sabotage in 3. It's been fun to see how the 'other half' experiences the ME series, just making all the reckless horrible choices heedless of the longterm consequences. But so often there is a short term immediate satisfaction. Now I know it feels to be Trump.

You monster. Kill Wrex, keep Mordin alive through ME2, have him agree that yes, the Krogan deserve a cure, but not while Wreav is in charge. Mordin lives on :unsmith:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

MoaM posted:

The multiplayer in Anthem better cross-over; glad to read that ME:A's multi is still fun at a basic level.

The game itself is fun enough, but holy god it was broken at launch. They buffed, what, eighty per cent of the guns in the game by a factor of 2 or more?
I might play some more when I get home, I'm at sea for another two months.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

And the series still ends with Zaeed and Jessie in a pool recliner.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ulio posted:

I actually played ME3 online on 360 a lot then on PC, from what I remember it is a completely different account so you have to start over. I am sure you could probably get carried really easily since most who still play are at max on most classes.

You don't even need to get carried tbh. A human engineer or adept or sentinel are perfectly viable classes.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

BlazetheInferno posted:

Okay, Garrus with the Typhoon is *definitely* a cheatcode.

He just made the Mirror Match in the Citadel DLC Arena relatively painless. That poo poo ain't right.

:catstare:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm home in a week. Anyone want to play an anniversary round of this on xbone?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm most of the way through my second playthrough and there are things to like about this game but you have to look for them

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The combat is really good. The further refinements to the combo system are great and the increased mobility makes firefights a much more frenetic affair. Drack and Jaal make a pretty good space bro squad and whoever wrote Liam's loyalty mission managed to make it hokey space opera in a way that felt lovable rather than annoying.
It would have been a lot better as a non mass effect branded game because it really suffered from having the name attached to it.
The title theme owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

So Andromeda finally got cheap enough on the xbone that I picked it up. And I have to say...I'm enjoying it. I'm far enough in the game that I'm probably not going to get spoilers (looking at you BANSHEEES) in multiplayer and it's pretty fun. Well, I can't tell if it's really fun or if it's just the sheen of the learning curve. But yeah, I have no gear, poo poo guns and a Krogan Vanguard. But playing bronze matches is..fun. I don't know how I'll feel after a bunch more, but right now it doesn't seem like a grind and is an amusing time waster. It's also nice that people aren't yelling about how I'm screwing up. Apparently some of my muscle memory from 3 is still good.

I'll play with you man. Gt Two Finger.

• Locked thread