Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Error 404 posted:

Anything good?

-100% health and shield regen delay
+3 power cells
20% shield & 20% combat power damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Two Finger posted:

So... instant health and shield regeneration? That... changes the game significantly.

Or it just halves the delay! We won't know until somebody tries it out, and I don't trust their math.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

precision posted:

Well to make the direct comparisons:

Sera < Peebee
Iron Bull > Krogan Grandpa
Blackwall > Vetra
Cassandra > Cora
Emo Ghost Kid < Jaal
Solas > SAM
Dorian > Gil
Cullen > Liam

:colbert:

Krogan Grandpa is good. But he's never going to beat out Iron Bull.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

No, this is the bitching about shotguns being designed for use in cover and OH GOD WHY ARE THERE NOW 800 NEW GOLD WEAPON CARDS thread.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

precision posted:

Imagine a Hurricane Siphon X :allears:

Anyone seen a rank XX UR character in the wild? Barring good luck, it seems like that would take literally thousands of dollars or more playtime than has existed since the game came out.

Given how easy it is to cheat credits, I'm sure there's a few.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Jenny Angel posted:

I've heard the shotgun thing before but do we have any confirmation on how that actually manifests in terms of game mechanics? I haven't found shotguns actually useful in the game despite them being my favorite broad weapon class in shooters, and I'm wondering if it's because of something in their stats that stems from their apparent status as cover weapons

It was discussed in Reddit by one of the devs, but mentioned here as well: http://blog.bioware.com/2017/05/09/patch-1-06-combat-balance-updates/

We’ve boosted the base damage for several underperforming assault rifles, pistols, and shotguns to make them more effective. In particular, we wanted shotguns to become better skirmish weapons, so we boosted their damage and accuracy outside of cover, while reducing the extra accuracy bonus when firing from cover.

They specifically went out of their way to design shotguns to mostly be functional from cover. This is the same patch that added between 10-80% damage to all of the shotguns.

This is the same team that spent built the jetpack combat (the thing that we generally like) in 6 months, and then spent 3 years trying to make No Man's Sky in a series known for it's story and character writing, then give up and spend 18 months trying to shove the game we got out the door.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Thor-Stryker posted:

The jetpack really kerfuffled the balance of multiplayer though. They should have just added/modded to the ME3 moveset instead of breaking it (and heavy melee) for a jetpack+climb system that fails to grab 50% of the time and doesn't actually make enemies miss.

All anybody wanted from MP was some bugfixes, higher resolution and better netcode.

They screwed the pooch.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

There's totally room for that, just not with a 4th game meant to reboot a major series, being paid for by EA, who practically has a phobia of new ideas.

Had they made that and then followed up next year with EA Games & Hello Games Present: Mass Effect Adventures, great. But instead they halfassed the whole thing.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

My favorite part was where shotguns were balanced around using them from behind cover, and suffered a debuff while standing/walking/running/jumping.

It wasn't just poorly balanced, it was created by people who apparently never played ME3MP. Or any other shooter. Or Xcom. Or any game that featured a shotgun ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

It would have been a lot better as a non mass effect branded game because it really suffered from having the name attached to it.

The general feeling seems to be that it wasn't a terrible game. Probably a solid 7/10 effort.

But goddamn, it was a terrible Mass Effect.

• Locked thread